Mankins says he wants to be traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Mankins says he wants to be traded

Well, in his statement he said "they [Patriots] said we'll address this after the uncapped year" and he goes on to say the Patriots did not stick to their word. The uncapped year isn't over with yet so technically, they haven't backtracked on anything.

Can anyone explain HOW his price became so high? Are there other guards that his agent is referring to here? I just can't stand the notion that a guard can be paid so much money...

Even if he gets traded, his demands don't seem to be changing so what if no team steps up knowing he already turned down what's considered a pretty fair deal?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

BOTTOM LINE- If he is the team's best O lineman, he should be signed for what he is asking, only if allowing him to sign somewhere else, it will weaken the team O line. Who know's what NFL OG's are "worth"??? The general condition of the team is "in flux", to say the least, with all the openings and weaknesses on th D side. With him signed, the O line would appear to be a strength, expecially with the 09 addition of Vollmer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Look he might be a very good OG but he's not worth 50-60 mil. Good luck in whichever bottom tier team the Patriots send him to and just add another top end first round pick to the draft next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Thanks for your service Logan, better luck with your next team. I'm sure BB can fill the void left if he's traded.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins says he wants to be traded:
    Oh well, gives them more money to bring to the table in the negotiations with Brady.
    Posted by FishTaco64

yes, tom Brady here's you 20 million a season

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Tom Brady is the only player on the Pats that deserves crazy $$.  Mankins may be the best OL on the Pats, but I agree with the Pats on not breaking the bank and overpaying for Mankins.  

I would rather see the Pats make a big trade with Logan to fill some holes for a superbowl run.  Because right now I don't see this Patriot team as serious SB contenders. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Tom Brady is the only player on the Pats that deserves crazy $$.  Mankins may be the best OL on the Pats, but I agree with the Pats on not breaking the bank and overpaying for Mankins.   I would rather see the Pats make a big trade with Logan to fill some holes for a superbowl run.  Because right now I don't see this Patriot team as serious SB contenders. 
    Posted by BBRULES23

my thoughts exactly. if BB can afford to live with out seymour, he can afford to live without mankins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

So the it says that they offered him 5 years @ 7 million a year:

So the other guy got 7 years @ 8 million a year.

Just because someone overpays doesn't mean the Pats need to as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nvrgivuponPATS. Show nvrgivuponPATS's posts

I just read(Boston Globe) that the PATS have an offer on the table of about 7 mil a year for 5 yrs.  If this is true and Mankins hasn't signed it, GOOD BYE!  How much does he want?!  He's good but.....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Sheez, he's still here? Thought he'd be gone by now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Because right now I don't see this Patriot team as serious SB contenders. 
    Posted by BBRULES23

That's for BB to see, not you.