Mankins says no to $8m per year - $57m contract - Highest paid guard in the league

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Mankins says no to $8m per year - $57m contract - Highest paid guard in the league

Cool!  More money to give to Moss man!  We don't need Mankins anyway, shame on him for turning down that kind of money.  He must not like it in a Patriots uniform any longer.  Doubt he will get that anywhere else.  Hope he ends up Cleveland.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Re: Mankins says no to $8m per year - $57m contract - Highest paid guard in the league

Ego...greedy agent...stupidity  take your pick. As for your links the first one is total BS. How many people have to worry about their family's future after they've already banked millions. Some of these guys either have no clue or lose track of what the real world is like.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins says no to $8m per year - $57m contract - Highest paid guard in the league:
    [QUOTE]Till the Pats say it I do not buy it. Recently there have been a lot of "sources" who have said stuff that the Kraft later deny and I trust the Krafts more then the media.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

4 letters killer...E S P N

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Basically they are reporting Shefter's report. 

None of them say what the guaranteed money might be....you know the only thing that means anything in NFL deals

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins says no to $8m per year - $57m contract - Highest paid guard in the league:
    [QUOTE]Cool!  More money to give to Moss man!  We don't need Mankins anyway, shame on him for turning down that kind of money.  He must not like it in a Patriots uniform any longer.  Doubt he will get that anywhere else.  Hope he ends up Cleveland.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]You are much kinder than most Patriot fans who feel if they trade mankins he should be sent to a loser,like the sign that says welcome to Buffalo!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Trade him, and sign randy Moss to a contract ASAP since there's 8 milliom laying around

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]Till the Pats say it I do not buy it. Recently there have been a lot of "sources" who have said stuff that the Kraft later deny and I trust the Krafts more then the media.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Right on.  My guess is nobody but Kraft and Menkins knows the actual story.  The rest is all garbage media drivel.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]Trade him, and sign randy Moss to a contract ASAP since there's 8 milliom laying around
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I don't know what would be more stupid. The Pats offering a guard 8 million, or the player turning it down. We are perfectly fine without him. And paying him even 6 or 7 million would be a total waste of money. Especially with the holes on the defensive line.

With any luck, we can get a decent pick for him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

kraft said specifically they offered mankins mangold money. the only thing that makes sense is that mankins' agent is totally whack.
    but you know what, after finding out the schefter report was bogus, im starting to think it is inevitable that mankins will eventually sign with the pats. if only because where in the hell is he going find much more money than that from anywhere else

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

I'm starting to think that assigning $8m per year to a guard is just stupid. I'd rather we re-sign Moss and Welker (Welker's contract expires in 2011).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Mankins says no to $8m per year - $57m contract - Highest paid guard in the league:
    [QUOTE]This confirms it was $57m http://spaces.covers.com/blog/Spreadsheet/NFL/09142010-Pride-in-tact-Mankins-says-no-to-57-million.html?t=0 This confirms it was close to $56m http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/09/espn-patriots-had-deal-with-pro-bowler-logan-mankins-that-fell-apart-over-an-apology/1 This says deal was 7 year $57m http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13939422/mankins-an-admirable-fool-for-giving-up-millions Can someone explain to me what is going on here? This would make Mankins THE HIGHEST PAID GUARD IN THE LEAGUE. Infact the 7 year $57m seems designed to just pip the 7 year $56 of Jahri Evans to make Mankins the highest paid in alignment with what was promised to him or something.  What the hell is wrong with him turning this down? And now we have today's report that a deal is again the works and almost done. http://www.nesn.com/2010/09/patriots-logan-mankins-may-be-laying-groundwork-for-new-deal.html
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

As I've alluded to in previous posts, my guess is that Tom Brady gave the Pats a bit of a home-town discount. Sure, the Terrific One got a great deal...but he could have held out for more. In return, he made it known that he wants Mankins signed to an extension...and the Pats promised to use the money they saved on Brady to up the ante on Mankins. 

If that reported $57mil. offer is true, Mankins is being an idiot in refusing to take the deal.

Enough is enough with this clown. The Pats should give him a Thursday deadline to accept the offer, trade him, or let him sit and stew.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

What matters is how much of the money was guaranteed.  Because players can be cut (or injured and out of football) at anytime, non-guaranteed money is heavily discounted when players and their agents evaluate contracts.  The $57 million figure is meaningless until we know the details of the contract and how much of that money was actually paid as a guaranteed bonus in year one.  My understanding is that Mankins was only going to make about three and a half million this year.  If that was all that was guaranteed, the contract wasn't a good one for Mankins.  Most of the top guards are getting double-digit millions in their first year thanks to large (guaranteed) signing bonuses.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

We don't need him, just sign Moss 2 a 3 yr. deal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Is it just me, but I can't imagine EVER giving an offensively lineman 8 mill a year. Mankins can go elsewhere. Just keep Brady Moss and Welker together.

We should have gave that 8 mill to Antuan Boldin anyway