Mankins should fire his agent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwiegmann24. Show cwiegmann24's posts

Mankins should fire his agent

After seeing what he said about the Patriots, this guy is a tool. Mankins should fire him and get someone who is a lot more level headed. Sure, he doesn't have the long-term deal he wants yet, but history shows that those who hold out and complain to the media do not get the big payday from New England (Asante Samuel). He should've taken notes from Vince last year, when they franchised him he was very professional about it. He kept communication open with the organization and they rewarded him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Mankins should fire his agent

I said this 6 months ago. It's clear his agent is mentally deranged. It's Revis's agent as well.

Agents like this brainwash their players and do it well, so they are able to pull the wool over some team's eyes, but not this one.

The Jets aren't winning the SB paying Revis 18+ million next year and Mankins is not worth 8+ million as a Guard.

Period.

NE should tell Mankins they'll deal if they can and that's it.  Mankins is tagged at 10 million, there is no CBA agreement and Bauer is complanining publicly again?

Why would any player out of college even deal with Bauer at this point?

Unprofessional, poor negotiating skills and the fact he compared Mankins to Hannah?

Talk about desperation.

I also love how he says "NE uses their leverage". Well, why not?  What team doesn't? 

Mankins turned down a deal that "rivaled" Nick Mangold's.  That's Mankins's fault.  This is on Mankins and his agent's poor guidance.

Go Guard in the draft and trade Mankins for a 1st if you can.  Since  that will be unlikely due to Mankins irrational demands, try to secure a high 2nd and a 3rd if possible.

Good riddance to him and hopefully Frank Bauer is never an agent dealing with NE again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsposato. Show rsposato's posts

The Patriots are the problem not the players' agents!  They are the
    cheapest team in thwe league!  Just ask their assistant coaches, oh
    wait you can't because Belicheat won't let them talk.  See article
    in the Herald!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins should fire his agent:
    [QUOTE]The Patriots are the problem not the players' agents!  They are the cheapest team in thwe league!  Just ask their assistant coaches, oh wait you can't because Belicheat won't let them talk.  See article in the Herald!
    Posted by rsposato[/QUOTE]

Are you mentally damaged? Vince Wilfork got paid, didn't he? Mankin's agent is clueless.He was offered top 3 money for his position, yet his agent called that an insult and Mankins getting taged a "travesty" I don't hear the agents of Peyton Manning, Lamaar Woodley, Haloti Ngata, Tamba Hali etc. complaining, calling the tag a travesty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Dear RsPosato,

Pats 2010 Payroll:  152 million. Top 3 in the NFL going into a possible lockout.

Highest paid QB and NT in the league. 

How about you use your brain?

People like you are Josef Goebbels's wet dream. Jesus.

If you had to choose in order who to address with contracts last year it was probably:

Brady, Wilfork.....Mankins.

They signed Wilfork first and got him out of the way and then worked on the more difficult Brady deal.

Mankins also rejected a deal before Brady was offered his.  Arguably the greatest QB of all time, the current league MVP, still in his prime who took LESS in years past makes sure Mankins gets his offer first.

Nice huh? 

Mankins rejected a deal that parallelled Nick Mangold's according to a source close to the negotiation.

You tell us who is cheap and who doesn't pay. Go ahead.  Reference your drippy half baked Herald source. 

This is Frank Bauer telling his client he is the bestest just like he does with Revis.

Then, we see someone like McCourty outplay Revis and we know it's not true.

Or, we see other Guards across the league like a Harvey Dahl from Atlanta, outplay Mankins, so we know it's not true.

It's very rare when you can say "this player is clearly the best in the league".

Poor negotiating approach. Period.

Mankins loves it here and the team offered him a great deal in the worst economic meltdown since 1929 and he rejected it going into a possilbe Lock Out.

And now he's guaranteed 10 million dollars for one year if there is a Lock Out and he's complaining?

I hope he's dealt to Cincinnati/the worst team in the next 5 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I did find the "Patriots use their leverage" comment comical.  Like Bauer wouldn't put the screws to the Pats if the situation was reversed?  The leverage they're using is allowed under the rules of the game, and his agent finds himself dealing from a position of weakness so he's resorting to name calling and using the media to garner public sympathy and to broadcast his delusional expectations about the worth of his client, which as far as I can see is based on an aberration of a contract that the Saints stupidly agreed to.   

Mankins sat out last year and lost a lot of money after not signing his tender.  He stands to lose a lot more this year if he's hardheaded.  I guess having prinicples means that he can foolishly squander away two of his prime contract years by listening to an agent that has his eyes on the prize but who has zero leverage.  Bauer should be fired for his inept performance.      

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I find it odd no one who knows Mankins, either as a family member or close friend, hasn't stepped in and told him to do so (fire Bauer). 

Huge mistake, because if this is a Moss type of situation, Mankins may end up really regretting it.

He's being misled and apparently doesn't realize it.

I could see if NE lowballed him or misled him or something, but they haven't.

Mankins has been irrational the entire time. Also, I am not buyijng that they offered him a performance based deal where they were hidden pieces to it that made his 7 million per unattainable.

No way.

He's ticked off that Jabari Evans got the highest deal and got it before him.

Bauer has it in his head that he's the bestest and deserves to get top dollar, regardless.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

And what is the travesty?  Is this a travesty of the negotiation process because he's on the losing side?  Any guy guaranteed 10 mil to play a game should thank fkuc that he's one of the lucky few who can earn that type of payday.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from allancrain. Show allancrain's posts

Mankins should fire his agent or tell him to shut up and get real.  I hope he doesn't sign the tender and somehow the Patriots trade him.  He has committed the cardinal Patriot sin...I am more important than the team.  I'll get mine, to hell with everyone else. No one is going to pay Mankins that kind of money. New Orleans was crazy to pay Evans that kind of money.  One player's contract shouldn't set the bar for everyone else (Haynesworth).

What do the Patriots pay Vollmer as a starting Left Tackle when his rookie contract expires if Mankins is making 7million plus?  You cannot spend 25 mil on your starting offensive line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

FWIW, when something "blows up" this badly - it's usually because of poor communication between BOTH parties. I'm sure their are grains of "truth" from both camps...in addition to "misinformation" from both parties as well.

In addition, the agents are doing their job. I'm sure $$ is their incentive. The more money they make for their clients, the more money the agents come home with.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I've defended Mankins (and to some degree Bauer) before, but I don't understand what good can come of Bauer talking to the press.  Seems like it just would anger your negotiating partner and I'm not sure that helps at all.

As far as Mankins being upset with the franchise tag, I can understand that. But assuming the new CBA gets done and the franchise tag provisions are similar to what they are now, Mankins has almost no choice but to accept the golden handcuffs. 

I wonder if the agent gets a commission in this case?  Probably not . . . that may be why the agent is moaning so much.  In that case, Mankins might want to consider firing him.

Then again, Bauer has gotten some pretty big deals for other clients, so saying he's inept is maybe not supportable based on the evidence.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

As far as the deal Mankins was offered and whether it was good or not, I just will reiterate that none of us knows the details and therefore none of us really knows whether it was good or bad. 

Guaranteed money is the major issue here.  Players hate to be franchised because, while $11 million is a huge payday for a year, it may be less than the signing bonus a player would get if he could negotiate freely.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Oh well.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

That depends on what your view of inept is.

I'd say Bauer not caring what the quality of the team his clients play on, might be considered poor guidance.

Who knows, maybe these discussions occur, but if your agent isn't also educating the client with how the said oraganization is run and how happy his client will be going to work everyday, etc, then he's failed.

The idea should be getting paid well and being happy/being on a winning team.

If Mankins wants 8+ million per year and to go to Oakland, congratulations. You just handed 10%+ of that to Bauer and you'll be miserable.

Fire Bauer, hire an attorney for 48 hours, look over the original offer and see if something creative can bed worked out.

It's apparent Bauer is stuck on this idea that Mankins is the best Guard in the NFL due to rhetoric by both the media, Mankins's All Pro play on a legendary offense due to Brady and others, and the "mean" style Mankins has.

There is no doubt he's a top tier Guard, but he isn't the best.

Note how when Connolly was in, Mankins absence wasn't so devastating as it was spun to be. 

Scarnecchia is the key player in this. He's the guy who really makes Mankins's value less.

He turned Stephen Neal, a guy who had never played in college or knew how to put pads on, into basically an All Pro Guard himself.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Pats will probably try and trade down in the first, pick up an extra pick, then draft a Guard, (Wisniewski), and really put the screws to Mankins.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Those are some pretty expensive screws cause franchise money is guaranteed.  They have to pay him the $10 or $11 million this year (assuming the new CBA is similar to the old). 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Pats will probably try and trade down in the first, pick up an extra pick, then draft a Guard, (Wisniewski), and really put the screws to Mankins.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

17 G/T Carimi
    28 G/C Pouncey
    33 DE Wilkerson
    54 OLB Brooks Reed

Get a 2nd and a 3rd for Mankins in 2012.

These top 4 picks will be worth less than ONE Logie Mankins and his pick up truck.

Pats hold all the cards here and did since last year's draft. That's why it's so mindboggling Mankins rejected an offer similar to that of what Nick Mangold accepted.

We don't need to know specific contract details.   All we need to know is that Mankins was offered a top market deal for an interior lineman.

The fact Mangold was happy with his as a premier interior lineman is all we need to know.

Bauer is deluded as is Mankins.

Moss blew it. Mankins is blowing it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

There are other good teams beside the Pats, and Oakland may not be the only choice. 

Also, doesn't the CBA cap agent fees at 3%?  Where are you getting the 10%+ figure?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I have no idea if it's 3% or the more normal 10% commission you'd see with other agents in other sports.

It's not really the point. The point is Bauer wants more money for himself and is ignoring the market for his client.

Jabari Evans's deal is not the market.  That's an outlier in the market.  He's the only one being paid 8+ mil per year in his deal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Heaven (or patsfans) forbid a player who actually tries to maximize his payday.  Do any of you ever consider the fact that tactics being used by the patriots serve to maximize theirs? 

Although I don't care for the agent whining, I am more convinced than ever that the pats provided assurances to Mankins that they never delivered on. 

I don't fault the patriots for using the tools available to them to keep a player, but I do believe they may have duped this agent and player.  After this, Mankins may no longer be the man of his word he said he was.  The sometimes hard realities of business can cure a person of that idealism.  

I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of difficult to detect soft tissue problem hampers Mankins' abilities next year.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I bet the agent gets his commission no matter if he signs the tender or a contract.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from allancrain. Show allancrain's posts

[QUOTE]Heaven (or patsfans) forbid a player who actually tries to maximize his payday.  Do any of you ever consider the fact that tactics being used by the patriots serve to maximize theirs?  Although I don't care for the agent whining, I am more convinced than ever that the pats provided assurances to Mankins that they never delivered on.  I don't fault the patriots for using the tools available to them to keep a player, but I do believe they may have duped this agent and player.  After this, Mankins may no longer be the man of his word he said he was.  The sometimes hard realities of business can cure a person of that idealism.   I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of difficult to detect soft tissue problem hampers Mankins' abilities next year.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

And in this case, he wants his commission to kick in this year and for 3-4 more years so he can move on to other work.

He'll take the commission on the 10 million, but he'd love to cross ol' Logie off his list.

We get it, but it's clear Bauer's antics with  Revis and now this reflect very poorly back on Bauer and his clients.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from allancrain. Show allancrain's posts

I'm sure you'll be happy when Peyton gets 30 mil per year and then wonder why you can't field a defense.  If he doesn't sign in the next two years, he'll certainly sell himself to the highest bidder at his first opportunity to leave.