Mankins signs Extension!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Re: Mankins signs Extension!

I wasn't a fan of the way he handled the situation, but I understood his value to the team. I'm glad he got what he wanted and will be around for awhile.  That's one less question mark heading into the season, which can't start soon enough!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

excellent news, Brady is protected, and the O-Line is set for years to come!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

glad that we have him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm surprised they have paid this cretin, but it only supports my take on our GM. He is back so now he can go out and earn the f'n money by being more than a regular season all-pro.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins signs Extension!:
    [QUOTE]I'm surprised they have paid this cretin, but it only supports my take on our GM. He is back so now he can go out and earn the f'n money by being more than a regular season all-pro.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Dude give it a rest ok we get your point ,Iam no kool aid drinker  and see your point but your going abit over board.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins signs Extension! :   Dude give it a rest ok we get your point ,Iam no kool aid drinker  and see your point but your going abit over board.
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

What's overboard? I find Mankins behavior repugnant in calling our team's owner a liar and would prefer that they sent him packing. I have no use, affection, respect or loalty for anybody who has ever held out on this team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Well I never heard him call kraft a liar, so cant comment on that its a bussiness and under stand that if he was under contract it would be different  but he was in negotioations for a new one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Well I never heard him call kraft a liar, so cant comment on that its a bussiness and under stand that if he was under contract it would be different  but he was in negotioations for a new one.
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

This is what he said....

"

"After the 2008 season, me and my agent approached the Patriots about an extension and I was told that Mr. Kraft did not want to do an extension because of the [uncertain collective bargaining agreement]," Mankins said. "I was asked to play '09 out, and that they would address the contract during the uncapped year. I'm a team player, I took them at their word, and I felt I played out an undervalued contract.

"That's the big thing," he continued. "Right now, this is about principle with me and keeping your word and how you treat people. This is what I thought the foundation of the Patriots was built on. Apparently, I was wrong. Growing up, I was taught a man's word is his bond. Obviously this isn't the case with the Patriots." (Reiss)

He was tendered a contract at the amount specified by the CBA. The team was under no obligation to negotiate with him. His not being "under contract" was a technicality created by his refusal to sign the legitimatly offered tender. He was just as much a holdout as any player has ever been.

He said, "I was asked to play '09 out,". Well yeah cretin, you had signed a contract through that year. I thought  he was taught growing up a man's word was his bond? So fulfilling his full contract through '09 he had already "bonded" by his signing.

He had also agreed to be bound by the terms of the CBA which the Pats adhered to. So what was his beef? They played by the rules.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

In a way I agree but still kind of disagree babe I understand were you come from and I agree then in the other way he wasnt under contract then agian like you say he gave his word but its a bussiness and stuff.This is why buschi was the man said I know what iam worth but why move my family around and pull my kids out of school we got a nice home how much does someone need.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

What changed him all of the sudden?  A bit baffling.  I was resigned to moving on without him.  We are just solid all over.  Now we got to do some trimming in that 19 man defensive line.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Wonder what the cap hit is -- 8 mil AAV with "only" 21 guaranteed?  Good thing that cooler heads prevailed.  The CBA got taken care of, along with Brady and Wilfork, and now so did Mankins.  No coincidence in that sequence of events.  
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]Good things happen when everyone takes the time to reflect upon what they have,not only did they sign the guys you mentioned but you can add in Bodden,Light,BJGE and a cast of former all world guys in Carter,Haynesworth,Warren,Ochocinco,Branch,and even Anderson to a certain extent. Not a bad haul for an alledgedly frugal organization.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In a way I agree but still kind of disagree babe I understand were you come from and I agree then in the other way he wasnt under contract then agian like you say he gave his word but its a bussiness and stuff.This is why buschi was the man said I know what iam worth but why move my family around and pull my kids out of school we got a nice home how much does someone need.
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

Hey, anybody wanting to love Mankins go right ahead. For me, once you hold out on our team  you're on my sheetlist permanently.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins signs Extension! : Hey, anybody wanting to love Mankins go right ahead. For me, once you hold out on our team  you're on my sheetlist permanently.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Iam not hating or loving just want the best team out there, after years of losing and being made fun of at school for wearing pats gear and now alot on just on the band wagon thats what gets me the most .I wonder how many people here would dear to go out wearing pats gear in the late or early 90s.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

All those whining about how Mankins was mistreated and how he would never sign for the Pats as a result and how this shows that Pats are not able to hold onto their own players- you can now apologize for wasting our time for a considerable period here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Good move

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins signs Extension! : Iam not hating or loving just want the best team out there, after years of losing and being made fun of at school for wearing pats gear and now alot on just on the band wagon thats what gets me the most .I wonder how many people here would dear to go out wearing pats gear in the late or early 90s.
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

Just being an AFL fan in the 60s got you a lot of grief.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Mankins signs long term and Ocho and Albert restructure to Cap friendly deals. There's an awful lot of good will going around on this team lately and it's much better than controversy. That's a good sign of things to come.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We now have Solder and Cannon sitting back and watching, learning and providing depth.  With 700 pounds of Cannon/Solder coming off the bench and our tightend blockers up front, this could easily be the most dominating offensive front we've had in the Belichick era.  

I remember when Mankins was drafted, Mel Kiper was baffled why Bill would make such a "reach..."  tool.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

very, very, very glad mankins is back.  yes, his play wasn't the best in some big games.
    but bottom line, this o-line is way better with him on it.

and from a meta-standpoint, very pleased that two entitities moved past some bruising posturing to this point. The prodigal son returns home, amends are made, and it's all good.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

surprised Mccheaters has come in here and bashed this great signing by saying its overpaying and how were being criical of the jets signing mangold to a huge contract and how the jets will be in salary cap hell next year( this year to a point), he must have left mommys basement for the first time in  who knows how long. I myself love this signing, gives solder a bit of comfort knowing hes playing next to a great all pro guard when he starts for us next year or at the latest 2013.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

yessss!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Great Sign!  Great Job Patriots !  Keep it coming! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

A great player got paid today, a player who works his tail off for the team and as it seems he's had to end up taking less than he wanted or his agent was telling him he could get. Win win. He still got far too much money anyway, no one really deserves those kind of wages for doing something like play a sport. Good times though, feel really privileged to be a pats fan at the minute 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]This move speaks volumes as an organization. Right now Bob Kraft is recognized by even anti Patriot fans as one of the leaders in bringing football back to us. Now he rewards one of the hardest working players we have ever had. The man  never missed a game until last year and probably not many practices. He reminds me of Lawer Milloy in that way. This sends a clear message to the players of the NFL. The Patriots WILL take care of the core guys, always have and always will. History has shown this. Enough with the, "they don't pay" B.S. We have the highest paid QB, the highest paid D-linemen, and probably now one of the higher paid o-linemen....and they all deserve what they got! A glorious day for Patriot nation. Any Mankins hater needs to listen to BB's audio of why Mankins is one the best at his position. I'll try and find it to post.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

"The Patriots WILL take care of the core guys, always have and always will. "
    true this is VERY important!

lok forward to that link for that interview.
    thanks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]What changed him all of the sudden?  A bit baffling.  I was resigned to moving on without him.  We are just solid all over.  Now we got to do some trimming in that 19 man defensive line.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Not to be disrespectful to Mr. Kraft but could the death of Myra Kraft have anything to do with it. Maybe Mankin's thought that Mr. Kraft had to go through enough without him acting an absolute A hole over a couple 100 thousand here and there and just decided to stay where he really wanted to and forget the degree to which he was going become richer.