Mankins signs Extension!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Re: Mankins signs Extension!

In Response to Re: Mankins signs Extension!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins signs Extension! : Hey, anybody wanting to love Mankins go right ahead. For me, once you hold out on our team  you're on my sheetlist permanently.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

they used mankins.
    they promised to take care of him.
    they finally have.
    he deserved it.
    all have made good and are decent people mankins and kraft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]MikeReiss   Mike Reiss   Patriots will likely get cap relief and also keep their best lineman long-term. Mankins gets more security. Win-win. Common sense prevails.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Amen. This move makes Mankins the Vince Wilfolk of the OL. It also creates cap space, which would allow the Patriots to sign Matt Roth...if they're of the mind to do so. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=ba77e0ac5c85cf48c8f9fabfb7434619&plckUserId=ba77e0ac5c85cf48c8f9fabfb7434619">
    First: 8/15/2009
    Last: 8/10/2011

This is for the the above post. Its from the best 100 players of 2010.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/logan_mankins_presented_by_bill_belichick_39_in_the_nfl_top/5613544

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins signs Extension! : What's overboard? I find Mankins behavior repugnant in calling our team's owner a liar and would prefer that they sent him packing. I have no use, affection, respect or loalty for anybody who has ever held out on this team.

How did Mankins hold out on his team if he was never under contract? The guy didn't miss a game in 6 years as a starter and absolutely played out an under valued contract. 90% of the players in this league wouldn't have finished out Mankins contract but he did. So what is your issue big cat?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins signs Extension! : What's overboard? I find Mankins behavior repugnant in calling our team's owner a liar and would prefer that they sent him packing. I have no use, affection, respect or loalty for anybody who has ever held out on this team.
    There are no guarrentted contracts in the NFL, if a team can cut you and not pay you, it should really be able to go the other way. Your employer can fire you, but you can quit and go work for someone else. In the NFL only half of that is true.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=ba77e0ac5c85cf48c8f9fabfb7434619&plckUserId=ba77e0ac5c85cf48c8f9fabfb7434619 " /> TrueChamp Posts: 1290 First: 8/15/2009 Last: 8/10/2011 This is for the the above post. Its from the best 100 players of 2010. http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/logan_mankins_presented_by_bill_belichick_39_in_the_nfl_top/5613544
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

thanks for the link/video champ!

great to have logan get this contract and for our team!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

all that needs to be said (from bob kraft):

"Probably you’ll see our good friend Logan Mankins will be signed up soon, hopefully to be a Patriot for life,"
     "we think that Logan is among the best there is at his position".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Great signing he is to the offensive line what vince is to the defense-Nasty-great job Mr. Kraft and sorry for your loss!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Remember when he was drafted?  Many Pats fans were upset; had other plans..didn't know who this guy was.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Remember when he was drafted?  Many Pats fans were upset; had other plans..didn't know who this guy was.
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah....Kind of like that average guy...McCourty!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins signs Extension! : Sorry, but and his agent were completely out of line. Using the press like that, trying to put pressure onthe Pats when they are trying to be smart heading into the Lockout, was unprofessional and wrong. I thought that was low class as was the hint that he wasn't offered a deal in a timely fashion, him thinking he needed a deal before Brady and Wilfork, etc, was also totally unprofessional. He was offered a deal. Twice. His agent misled him and he wasn't listening with regards to his own understanding of what was going on around him.  Not totally all his fault, but his agent blows. Also, he plays on a great O Line and has Scarnecchia here with Brady throwing the ball.   He's not John Hannah.  Not a huge fan of seeing really poor behavior rewarded, but I would have more respect for him if he spoke up and acted appreciative, instead of like a victim. All the players in the same market as he were re-upped around the same time. Mangold was drafted in 2006 and a top notch Center.    Mankins offered Mangold money, refused it, thought the CBA would be BIGGER in terms of cap, and he was WRONG. Mankins should be THRILLED they wanted to pay him like that to play here, and he also should have appreciated they didn't want to botch the deals with Brady and Wilfork, going into the Lockout. You can't just wildly throw money at players otherwise we are looking like the Jets. In the end, yes, it has worked out.  It's a situation where you know what you have and can now forecast a bit easier as well.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

It's over man, let it go. 

"You can't always get what you want,
     But if you try sometimes,
     You get what you need..."

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Fantastic news.

NE just locked up an elite interior lineman, and the emotional leader of their offensive line group.

I hope the people crowing about how he wanted $10 million or more read it carefully.

Win for Mank, win for NE.

This team will be a force!

Now to figure out the other guard spot for good.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

After Kraft saw him man-handle Prince Albert the other day in practice, he said, "Sign him now before he's off to Logan Airport"...lol...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Mankins signs Extension! 52 mill over 6 yrs (20 mill signing bonus)

Wow. 

6 yrs 52 mill with a 20 mill signing bonus. 

Kind of makes last year's alleged offer of 5 and 35 look small, and this board was po'd about him turning down that. 

Nice deal for the pats and mankins.  Just cleared about 5 mill in cap space for 2011. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Just admit it Rusty, you were dead wrong on this one. No way the old deal had anything close to $21 million guaranteed.  Bauer was smart to advise Mankins not to sign the deal the Pats initially offered him.  Mankins is probably depositing somewhere between $7 and $16 million more in the bank today then he would have two years ago had he signed that original deal. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Just admit it Rusty, you were dead wrong on this one. No way the old deal had anything close to $21 million guaranteed.  Bauer was smart to advise Mankins not to sign the deal the Pats initially offered him.  Mankins is probably depositing somewhere between $7 and $16 million more in the bank today then he would have two years ago had he signed that original deal. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Actually, the new deal is $30 million guaranteed. The Globe report hit the nail on the head ... it dwarfs Mangold's and Evans' ... as it should. Considering he never actually even made it to the open market, where his deal would have likely been higher, that is quite a haul.

But then, they know his value better than anyone.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Mankins signs Extension! 52 mill over 6 yrs (20 mill signing bonus)

In Response to Re: Mankins signs Extension! 52 mill over 6 yrs (20 mill signing bonus):
    [QUOTE]Wow.  6 yrs 52 mill with a 20 mill signing bonus.  Kind of makes last year's alleged offer of 5 and 35 look small, and this board was po'd about him turning down that.  Nice deal for the pats and mankins.  Just cleared about 5 mill in cap space for 2011. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Plus another $10 million in guarantees. I think that is the major difference here. This one has more years, and very little 'funny money.' You would have to be insane to sign a contract with only $5 million guaranteed when you are a player of his caliber.

He waited it out, and got himself a great deal. And NE gets to keep their best lineman, and a leader on the team.

As far as clearing salary... I don't know what NE plans on doing with this, because they are probably close to $12 million under the cap with this one -- and that is before the $3 million exemption.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I am not a fan of the 8 million per, no.  I think it's too high based on what NE normally pays guards. They'll have to be creative with Mayo, Vollmer and McCourty now.  But, you know what you get. I'd rather pay the Tackle or Center that money. Said this a million times.  However, I can see your beaten down again knowing how important Mankins is to the line. So, you lose, which is all that matters. lol P.S. Mangold is not "the best" center in the NFL. Many, many very good Centers. Just because he plays in NY, doesn't make him "the best", geek.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you here wonderboy. But of course this just fuels my perspective that our GM is mediocre. It is gratifying to see you have staunchly refused to guzzle the kool-aide on this one.

Any lineman who has been owned more than once in the playoffs wouldn't be getting $8 mil from me. Let some other rube team pay that sucker wage.

Sections
Shortcuts