Mankins to Dallas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpatriot12. Show patpatriot12's posts

Mankins to Dallas?

ESPN insider has this rumor started, anyone subscribe to this garbage that can confirm what they are talking about or proposing?  I'm sure they would like to replace Barron on their O Line!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Mankins to Dallas?

I hadn't seen anything on this...plus, Barron plays tackle and Mankins plays guard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Also hear Adalius Thomas visited with the Jets today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Mankins to Dallas?:
    ESPN insider has this rumor started, anyone subscribe to this garbage that can confirm what they are talking about or proposing?  I'm sure they would like to replace Barron on their O Line!
    Posted by patpatriot12

Considering ESPN has been the driving force behind the whole rumor/he said/he said affair anyway why wouldn't they come out with a trade rumor? If it happens they'll be raving about how Mankins is that final piece for the SB bound Cowboys. Then Romo will choke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In Response to Mankins to Dallas?:
    Posted by patpatriot12

Barron is subbing in for Columbo and Kaiser who supposedly will be back soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Dallas did not like their O LIne befor Kosier's injury. Or Columbo's.  A Guard can help a Tackle.

We'll take Anthony Spencer or their 2nd rd pick, please.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

What a name Barron and it stands for the ability to Hold his opponent. Wow was that a pathetic performance. I doubt the Patriots will trade Mankins to Dallas unless they want to send a 2nd round draft choice and one of their many RB's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Barron can't play tackle. He gets beaten too often and then holds to prevent the sack. If he's to play in the NFL, he needs to be switched inside to guard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It would make sense. If Dallas believes they are a playoff caliber team that will go deep into the playoffs then they seriously need to fix their O-line problem. Their O-Line is hurting bad and a pro-bowl caliber G is a good place to start. They have the money and I wouldn't be surprised if they'd be willing to give up a 1st to get him (thought being if they go deep into the playoffs then a late 1st is a small cost to get a pro-bowl O-Lineman in his prime). If not a 1st then definitely a 1st in 12' or a 2nd in 11'

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Still hoping Mankins signs with the Patriots.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Don't believe everything You hear  Plus nothing has even been said about it on ESPN or NFL channels etc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins to Dallas?:
    Still hoping Mankins signs with the Patriots.
    Posted by lightningbrain

not gonna happen, BB is shopping this deserter around as we speakWink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

as for whether or not haynesworth might be coming. don`t be surprised if he is a patriot tomorrow. many thought that moss would NEVA play for a bob kraft team, including bob kraft, and look what happened. i think that BB smells another SB trophy.
    Posted by koft

Yeah, that one I don't see happening mainly because Haynesworth already made a huge stink about not wanting to play in a 3-4 system (hence all the drama between him and the team. He even tried to organize a mutiny to protest it. He's also always played the DT position. It's hard to ask a guy who's never played extended time at DE to suddenly switch from stuffing the line at DT to setting the edge and rushing on a 3-4 DE position (hence why Brace is havig so much trouble switching). Moss was also in a completely different situation, he's a WR in a position that we had filled with 3 #3 wr's not a pro-bowl WR like we already have at NT.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Might as well, he's not doing the Pats any good. 

I'm not an expert on how the compensatory pick system is figured but I know it has a lot to do with if a player plays alot and then leaves by getting a big contract than based on those factors the size of the loss is determined and the bigger the loss the better the pick.  Asante Samuel drew a 3rd round pick by having lots of starts and signing for big money. 

I would imagine Mankins could get the same, which may very well be the best move consedering how the line is playing and and the fact that he will be tough to trade if he only wants top guard money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Might as well, he's not doing the Pats any good.  I'm not an expert on how the compensatory pick system is figured but I know it has a lot to do with if a player plays alot and then leaves by getting a big contract than based on those factors the size of the loss is determined and the bigger the loss the better the pick.  Asante Samuel drew a 3rd round pick by having lots of starts and signing for big money.  I would imagine Mankins could get the same, which may very well be the best move consedering how the line is playing and and the fact that he will be tough to trade if he only wants top guard money.
    Posted by shenanigan

A 3rd round compensatory pick is no better then a 4th. If we couldn't get more then a 4th for Mankins it would be just sad. I'm sure Dallas would be happy to give us at min a 3rd to give Romo some form of protection

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

I think Mankins believed that after a game or two the Patriots were gonna be desperate to have him back and they would cave. I think that's starting to backfire. The ball is in BB/Kraft's court. If they wanted to, they could have their own holdout by sitting and waiting until week 10, and then he'd have a whole 'nother year before he could be a free agent. At least that's my understanding of it. I could be wrong.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

How about Mankins to NE - rather have him blocking for #12!~

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

How about Mankins to NE - rather have him blocking for #12!~
    Posted by NOISE

Noise---I think it is way too late for that. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

as for whether or not haynesworth might be coming. wouldn`t be surprised if he is a patriot tomorrow. many thought that moss would NEVER play for a bob kraft team, including bob kraft, and look what happened. i think that BB smells another SB trophy.
    Posted by koft

he's not coming here, Haynesworth does not want to play in a 3-4 system. did you here the game sunday against the Cowboys, the anounces mention a few times 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins to Dallas? : not gonna happen, BB is shopping this deserter around as we speak
    Posted by kansaspatriot

kansaspatriot nice inside information. Do you work for the Patriots? I'd think BB would want one of the best gaurds in the NFL blocking for Brady but obviously you know something the common fan doesn't know.Keep us posted!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins to Dallas? : kansaspatriot nice inside information. Do you work for the Patriots? I'd think BB would want one of the best gaurds in the NFL blocking for Brady but obviously you know something the common fan doesn't know.Keep us posted!
    Posted by rickrand3

I am guessing that Kansas reads, and understands what he reads.  If YOU tried it, you would know Mankins stance isn't something we tend to favor, that he took it in public was REALLY something we don't like, and that he called the OWNER a liar in public REALLY REALLY isn't going to fly.  ADD his astronomical salary demand, and it isn't even close that we keep him.  We would be shopping him because his value to us just plummeted, and his value to other teams just SKYROCKETED.  Its really simple, follow the clues.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Here's some new conjecture from nesn.com. Thanks to murghkhor for the link from the other Mankins thread.

The contract dispute the Patriots and offensive guard Logan Mankins may soon be coming to an end, despite widespread pessimism that a deal may never be reached.

Mankins continues to hold out for a new contract from the Patriots, and while he's been gone, "he said, he said" reports have flown around.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft addressed and denied those rumors on Monday, trying to put them to rest -- perhaps in an attempt to try and reconcile the situation with his guard.

The Boston Globe's Shalize Manza Young and NESN.com Patriots reporter Jeff Howe were guests on Monday night's NESN Daily to discuss the situation, and both are now optimistic a deal may be imminent.

"I think this might be laying the groundwork to get a deal done," Manza Young said of what Kraft said. "I think Logan's realizing how much he's missing football, how much he misses his teammates, and this team is going to need him."

"It's probably only a matter of time before they get him signed and get him back into the locker room," Howe said after revealing he thought a deal may never get done until Monday.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/09/patriots-logan-mankins-may-be-laying-groundwork-for-new-deal.html

Sections
Shortcuts