Mankins Totally Lost?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Mankins Totally Lost?

Also, far as I know, Mankins is not under contract, hence, cannot be traded. I might be wrong, but he never signed the tender. Pats own his "rights", and maybe that's enough. But I do not think he is tradeable unless he sign something first.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Mankins Totally Lost?:
    OK,so this likely means he is out for the season or trade-bait. I have to admit I would have never thought Mankins would be the type of player to get this way over such small contractual differences.   http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/
    Posted by zbellino

Mankins' idiotic agent has stated that the, "Patriots have lost this player mentally...he has worked so hard and...bla, bla, bla". Well, I say that it's time to lose him physically, too. Trade him.

I too am surprised by Mankins taking such a militant stance over what appear to be, relatively speaking, minor contractual differences.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins Totally Lost?:
    Trade him
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Laz?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

I believe that idiot agent probally told Mankins that he would get over 8 million per season with about 25 million guaranteed.  The Patriots should let that idiot work out a trade with another team to see what his true value really is, however the Pats should tell him what teams not to talk to (Indy, Pitt, NYJ, and Mia come to mind).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Maybe if he had shown up for the 07 Superbowl I would care.
    MOVE ON, CONNLELY PLAYED GREAT, WE DON'T NEED THIS BUM!!!!
    The way he protected Tom in the SB i WILL NEVER FORGET, GET RID OF HIM 4 A 7TH RD. PICK.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Mankins Totally Lost? :      Mankins' idiotic agent has stated that the, "Patriots have lost this player mentally...he has worked so hard and...bla, bla, bla". Well, I say that it's time to lose him physically, too. Trade him.      I too am surprised by Mankins taking such a militant stance over what appear to be, relatively speaking, minor contractual differences.   
    Posted by TexasPat3

I agree. First, extending the franchise tag seems like a goo place to be. Second, the difference between that and number one dollars isn't much.

But yeah, if they are truly at loggerheads, then NE should officially move on and trade him. I think the sticking point there is the contract. For him to agree it would need to be a sign and trade scenario. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WmCon. Show WmCon's posts

OlderbutWiser   The phrase " Older but Wiser " is a corruption of a term William Wordsworth used to end his poem, " The Rhime of the Ancient Mariner ," Which HAS been depicted INcorrectly throughout time: The ACTUAL phrase Wordsworth coined was/is " Older AND Wiser ."  Big freakin' deal, right?  Well...actually it is.  Ya see William Wordsworth specifically used the terms "Older AND Wiser" together, on purpose.  By saying "Older BUT Wiser", It presupposes THAT:  O.k., You've gotten older, YET now- You've grown far wiser in the process.  See, there's a "weighing" of the 2 terms when you place the "but" between them... HOWever, IF you happen to say "Older AND Wiser," It sorta leaves an almost hollow, or empty feeling:  There is NO weighing of the terms using the "And" in between the two...It's like saying, "O.k., I HAVE Age & I HAVE Wisdom."  It leaves the reader (or listener) OF that addage, somewhat lacking when all's said and done...  AND guess what?  THIS is PRECISELY what Wordsworth wanted it to do. SEE, William Wordsworth's poem was about a Groom taking a boat ride en route to his Wedding.  The ship's Captain tells the bridegroom a long, tale about how the former ship-hands of the vessel they're on, STILL man their posts and do their duty as ghosts, WHICH they'll do through eternity.  NOW, the actual boring-#ss story that the Captain tells the Groom, Don't mean jack-cr#p...  What DOES matter, IS what the Groom's left with After HEARING the story...  The Groom Is a Older AND Wiser person. Wordsworth was Ultimately 100% ANTI-Morality in this particular case here.  Wordsworth was attempting to have and imbibe in his readers "A Suspension of their Disblief" so that the readers could "Imagine what could be" in the realm "Of the Ideal."  In otherwords, You, I and EVERYone through each of our Individual experiences, takes with us, An ENTIRE set baggage of judgements, presumptions, pretensions, etc., EACH & EVERY time we see, hear or jump into any new experince (including, reading Wordsworth's poem here for the first time)...  William Wordsworth, Ideally wanted each  ALL of Us To leave these things (presumptions & judgements from any & all past experiences)- BY the wayside...To "Suspend our Disbelief" on the journey he was taking us on... Words, Tales, Stories, Phrases- WHATever...ANY things that make us the wonderfully (hopefully) MORAL creatures we are, CAN- also In a sense, DEsensitize us, by bringing all their weight (presumptions, etc.), WHICH can and WILL, kill the air of the imaginative, & the realm of "what could be" rather than the "weight" of what we singularly believe, Actually Is. ~ I, ahh- I just thought you should know this...    
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WmCon. Show WmCon's posts

Ummmm... Samuel Coleridge wrote "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" not his sometime pal William Wordsworth.  And older but no wiser seems the applicable usage...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins Totally Lost? : Laz?
    Posted by USMCM1A1

LOL!  As soon as he wrote that, I was like- Me?  After Zb's 1st Post, I'm laying on the couch, and I go, "Gawd, It WAS freakin Coleridge!"  Wordsworth was 10 X the poet he was imho...ya know: "Jocund Din," "Abundant Recompense?"  Hey, "Abundant Recompense":  Maybe perhaps, Logan Mankins lost something very dear & important in this whole situation, BUT in the end- Gained something even GREATER in the end...  What?  I have no idea...  Either way, I scr#wed up: It was like I personally jumped offsides, read the play wrong, stepped on my QB's foot, missed my blocking assignment and got'm injured...but ehh? Matters little to me, because instead of my 7.1 mil a year for 5 years on a perenial playooff contender, In the end I was able to secure 7.4 mil a year on Cleveland, And so there IS a moral to the story: I'm a fractionally wiser BUT modestly richer man. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins Totally Lost? : No, it's not. And the Rime of the Ancient Mariner was written by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. From a guy who likes to wax poetic as much as you do, Laz, I find this error unacceptable.
    Posted by p-mike

Also one of my favorite Iron Maiden Songs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

If the Pats did trade him, I think Green Bay is a reasonable destination. They need help on the offensive line, and we only play them every few years. Trade Mankins for a 3rd round pick and Cullen Jenkins. Jenkins could fill in for the injured Ty Warren. He preformed well last year, finishing with 32 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 3 FF, and an interception. The problem is he is in the last year of his contract. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3854395. Show user_3854395's posts

You people have no idea what Mankins was offered. The only reports we have are those from management. I, for one, have no problem with Mankins holdout. He should get every penny he can out of the Pats. Afterall, the Krafts aren't exactly breaking the bank, with resigning Brady, now are they?
    Posted by tartarus12

Which type of media is a weapon?  The Boston Globe?  Either way if you like the Patriots then you have to go with their decisions.  Otherwise,  Rex Ryan is in NY.  He's making some pretty good decisions these days.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfletch56. Show bfletch56's posts

The Pats will miss him until they find a new replacement making 1/10 of what he was going to make. When that replacement has his contract expire, the Pats will do the same thing to him. They have a pretty good track record with inserting players into the system. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

He wouldn't be the 3rd highest this year.  The Pats offer is this:  He takes the tender, next year he is the 3rd highest based on THIS years figures.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Ummmm... Samuel Coleridge wrote "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" not his sometime pal William Wordsworth.  And older but no wiser seems the applicable usage...".

Lol...It's funny to me that you created an account here just to act like a crass-pr#ck.  Do you know- ya know, Is there a decent poet term for that?  Or...ya might be able to coin one...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins Totally Lost? : LOL!  As soon as he wrote that, I was like- Me?  After Zb's 1st Post, I'm laying on the couch, and I go, "Gawd, It WAS freakin Coleridge!"  Wordsworth was 10 X the poet he was imho...ya know: "Jocund Din," "Abundant Recompense?"  Hey, "Abundant Recompense":  Maybe perhaps, Logan Mankins lost something very dear & important in this whole situation, BUT in the end- Gained something even GREATER in the end...  What?  I have no idea...  Either way, I scr#wed up: It was like I personally jumped offsides, read the play wrong, stepped on my QB's foot, missed my blocking assignment and got'm injured...but ehh? Matters little to me, because instead of my 7.1 mil a year for 5 years on a perenial playooff contender, In the end I was able to secure 7.4 mil a year on Cleveland, And so there IS a moral to the story: I'm a fractionally wiser BUT modestly richer man. 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

How ironic to have a Poet named Wordsworth huh? What are the odds of that?
    It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where they have a Library Cop named Bookman.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"How ironic to have a Poet named Wordsworth huh? What are the odds of that?
    It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where they have a Library Cop named Bookman
    ."

Personally, My thoughts were with my relative with an enlarged prostate gland, Uncle I. P. Freely...poor soul.  He recently had surgery though, but the anesthegiologist, Nurse Hammer, put him in a coma.  When he awoke a year later, He found that his cousin, Pete Za & his wife Ra Violi, had run his Italian Restaurant into foreclosure.  He hired a couple lawyers, Ketchum & Chetum, but god knows how that'll fare.  Anyway, I told him that he better have some kinda back-up plan, And he told me that for now he's gonna be an assistant plumber for his pal, Rusty Sink, While his wife, Kandy works part-time at Kane's Confectionary Shop.  When I told him My freakin' head was spinning, He said that he knew of a fantastic Shrink- But before he could say another word, I hung up the phone & called AT&T to change my number. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Only poem I can say I like is "Stopping by woods on a snowy evening"  by Frost.  But whatever.  Mankins for whatever reason, is acting like someone who actually feels lied to and cheated.  It reminds me of Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy.  I do hold the team responsible for giving the allusion of a deal without being very clear, as this happened to them with both the aformentioned gentlemen in a very similar fashion.  Fool me once, shame on me, etc.  So, on the one hand, he may have thought he was getting more money.  On the other, upon finding out he was not getting more money, he should have been less Milloy-like and more Asante Samuel like, and served himself better.  I don't see things ending with him on our team, so I am willing to pretend he wasn't that great after all.  I thought we were doomed without Milloy and Law also, and I was wrong.  Turns out, they were doomed without us.  THAT is poetic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

and YES, I meant allusion, not illusion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

Trade him to the Raiders already!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

"Because I say to you that the Lombardi Trophy is ours . . .

if you can count!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

After 12 years of teachers telling me how important, beautiful, influential, and whatever else poetry is I finally decided that the reason why I didn't care or like any poems was because they are pointless.  Actually almost nobody I knew cared or had heard of most of the "famous" poems, so they aren't influential either.  I hope nobody here wasted a fortune getting a degree in literature. 

Maybe I'm just a dumb simpleton who can't appreciate the coded observations and feelings of someone I don't care about.  Personally I'm much more impressed by those that can thread their words into an intelligible story, or put them to music in a song.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Where did you hear/read he decided to pick up the pen and sign the offer he was given?
    Posted by russgriswold

This is Mike Reiss' latest Blog entry on Mankins.

Logan Mankins update. Belichick helped clear up a housekeeping-type issue with regard to offensive lineman Logan Mankins. Sunday is reportedly the deadline for teams to send a holdout player a letter informing him of their right to place him on the roster-exempt list, and Mankins’ agent Frank Bauer told the Boston Globe over the weekend: “We haven’t got it yet, but it’ll come. … I would expect them to do everything nasty they can.” Yet since Mankins is not under contract, the Patriots have no cause to send the letter and this reported deadline is not a factor when it comes to the team’s dealings with Mankins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

After 12 years of teachers telling me how important, beautiful, influential, and whatever else poetry is I finally decided that the reason why I didn't care or like any poems was because they are pointless.  Actually almost nobody I knew cared or had heard of most of the "famous" poems, so they aren't influential either.  I hope nobody here wasted a fortune getting a degree in literature.  Maybe I'm just a dumb simpleton who can't appreciate the coded observations and feelings of someone I don't care about.  Personally I'm much more impressed by those that can thread their words into an intelligible story, or put them to music in a song.
    Posted by shenanigan

I wasted my money non a literature degree, and I teach it. For the record the Rime of the Ancient Mariner *is* a story.

Sections
Shortcuts