Mankins Traded!?!?!?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Mankins Traded!?!?!?!

Jay Glazer @JayGlazer · 8m
    Breaking: the Patriots have agreed to parameters of a trade to send Pro Bowl guard Logan Mankins to the Bucs for a pick and TE Tim Wright

Jay Glazer @JayGlazer · 4m
    The deal is not yet finalized but the players have been informed and terms agreed upon. Still some things to work out. Mankins 6x Pro Bowler

WOW

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Mankins Traded!?!?!?!

Rusty must be dancing in the streets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

WOW!!!! They must really like this kid Devey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wow, kinda of small for a TE but he's a move TE with upside. ANYONE out there who still thinks TE wasn't an issue now after trading Mankins? And think our O was fine?

lol he's from Rutgers and was a UDFA last year.....

btw what is our cap number now after this? The have to have over $10mil right now going into the season. Someone want to say they couldn't afford vets at other positions in the first FA period now?

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Wow is right. The Bucs are absolutely desperate at G, so not surprising they would make that deal. But the Pats letting him go? I guess the Marcus Cannon era is officially underway.

Wright is a move TE, period. Good speed and receiving ability. Has had some drops. Was kind of in Lovie's doghouse for some reason.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

There's your tight end.  I don't know if getting rid of one of your best OL for a kid who was undrafted last year is the best thing when you have a 37 year old immobile QB but in BB I trust

Also, tally up another Rutger on the Pats

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow, kinda of small for a TE but he's a move TE with upside. ANYONE out there who still thinks TE wasn't an issue now after trading Mankins? And think our O was fine?

lol he's from Rutgers and was a UDFA last year.....

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's a poor man's Aaron Hernandez when it comes to blocking. He's really a big WR, and the Bucs are loaded with big receivers, Evans, VJax and Sefarian-Jenkins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow is right. The Bucs are absolutely desperate at G, so not surprising they would make that deal. But the Pats letting him go? I guess the Marcus Cannon era is officially underway.

Wright is a move TE, period. Good speed and receiving ability. Has had some drops. Was kind of in Lovie's doghouse for some reason.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

free up that revis money

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I want to know the draft pick. Because on paper this trade makes no sense. If they get a 1st or 2nd it makes perfect sense if they are in love with Cannon at LG

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Does this mean they Keep Connelly now? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Free up some cap space to get some deals done? Revis, McCourty, Vereen, Cannon, Solder...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The pick is really important.  Hopefully a 1 or 2.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Just saw we got a pick as well.  I thought BB was losing it.  I bet we get a 2nd

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Btw that's your 2 TE, 2 WR set moving forward:

Gronk, Hooman (blocking TE), Wright move TE - makes much more sense now

Amendola, Edelman, Dobson, LaFell - wonder if they aren't completely comfortable with Thompkins or Boyce

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Free up some cap space to get some deals done? Revis, McCourty, Vereen, Cannon, Solder...

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Didn't think about that makes great sense. If you get a move TE to help this O, get a high draft pick, and get money for Revis and McCourty then this is a massive win for them

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are we getting a draft pick as well?  If not, consider me skeptical of this trade

[/QUOTE]

We are! Undisclosed draft pick

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Acquire TE, free up cap space, make room for younger LG, acquire draft pick.  I like Mankins but I like this deal better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The pick is really important.  Hopefully a 1 or 2.

[/QUOTE]

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

I hope it's at least a 2nd rounder..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Cap $10.5 mil this year. Can take a full $8mil hit this year in dead money or spread it out over 2 years (option). So they save $2.5mil this year regardless and I believe they have $7.5mil this year so they can take the hit and extend Revis and have $8mil come off books next year. That's a massive chunk.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Interesting that this trade happens now as I would have preferred to have Wright in TC, but perhaps BB didn't want to trade Mankins until he had evaluated the rest of the OL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Cap $10.5 mil this year. Can take a full $8mil hit this year in dead money or spread it out over 2 years (option). So they save $2.5mil this year regardless and I believe they have $7.5mil this year so they can take the hit and extend Revis and have $8mil come off books next year. That's a massive chunk.

They are definitely taking the full hit this year imo.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Wow! Didn't see this one coming. Talk about "value" for the bucs...they just traded an Undrafted free agent, who is on the doghouse for drops, for a 6 time pro bowl guard. I hope this kid can really play, we just traded away one of our toughest and most consistent players. Don't get me wrong, I never thought we should of payed a guard as much as we did, but the guy was solid.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

See what weed laying will do for you. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

But, but I'm a good poster!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Didn't think about that makes great sense. If you get a move TE to help this O, get a high draft pick, and get money for Revis and McCourty then this is a massive win for them

[/QUOTE]

The one thing you can say for this organization they are not afraid to move star players. Hopefully this gives them the room financially secure some younger core players.