Mankins Traded!?!?!?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Mankins Traded!?!?!?!

I'd guess a 3rd round pick at best.  Might even be conditional.  He's getting up there in age.  Mankins is a hard headed dude.  Really want to see his response.  Does he want to play for Tampa?  Wouldn't put it past him to retire.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jay Glazer @JayGlazer · 8m
    Breaking: the Patriots have agreed to parameters of a trade to send Pro Bowl guard Logan Mankins to the Bucs for a pick and TE Tim Wright The deal is not yet finalized but the players have been informed and terms agreed upon. Still some things to work out. Mankins 6x Pro Bowler.

Yes...just saw this article. Had to do a double-take!: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/source-patriots-to-trade-logan-mankins-to-bucs-082614

WOW

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

So...the Pats are ging to end up with a starting line of Solder/Devey/Wedell/Connoley/Vollmer, with the main depth being Cannon, Stork, and Halapio?  Did I get that right?  Seems like it's not too promising for this year.  Maybe better next year if Stork and Halapio come along...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Bill loves guys from Rutgers and Wright is from Rutgers!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I don't see the pick being higher than maybe a 4th, maybe even as low as a 6th. Think about it, what would Mankins bring by himself? He's 32 with a lot of miles and a big contract. Maybe a third if they're desperate. Past performance does not mean a thing when it comes to draft picks. It's about what you got left and how much it's going to cost me, period.

So, I say it's a 5th.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So...the Pats are ging to end up with a starting line of Solder/Devey/Wedell/Connoley/Vollmer, with the main depth being Cannon, Stork, and Halapio?  Did I get that right?  Seems like it's not too promising for this year.  Maybe better next year if Stork and Halapio come along...

[/QUOTE]

Bet Mr. Luck and your Colts would be happy to swap OL lines with the Pats, with or without Mankins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I have a feeling the pick is going to be a lot lower than people want.  Mankins is expensive, is older than Seymour was and Al Davis isn't around to make dumb trades.  Wright is probably the centerpiece of this deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Breaking: the Patriots have agreed to parameters of a trade to send Pro Bowl guard Logan Mankins to the Bucs for a pick and TE Tim Wright

Jay Glazer @JayGlazer · 4m
    The deal is not yet finalized but the players have been informed and terms agreed upon. Still some things to work out. Mankins 6x Pro Bowler

WOW

You sound surprised. Mankins had been only better than average at a position that is easy to fill. That said, I expected him to be gone after this season, not this soon. Mankins was dreadful in both SB losses. If you're going to pay a guard big money, he had better be, at least, in the top 3, which Mankins was not over the last 2 years.

This trade is bad news for "Hoo-man", though I hope they keep Taylor McCuller.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd guess a 3rd round pick at best.  Might even be conditional.  He's getting up there in age.  Mankins is a hard headed dude.  Really want to see his response.  Does he want to play for Tampa?  Wouldn't put it past him to retire.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

[/QUOTE]

He isn't retiring when he has all that money to be made.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

It's surfacing from around the league that BB was trying to move Mankins for a while now. 

Armondo salguero(sp) dolphins beat reporter claims that Jeff Ireland wanted him a while back. 

They also have been scouring for TEs also. 

Huge cap hit ereased, and hopefully a good draft pick to boot

"I swear it upon Zues the most exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

It's now official!:
    http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11412354/logan-mankins-traded-new-england-patriots-tampa-bay-buccaneers

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The pick is a 4th.  Cue pitchforks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill loves guys from Rutgers and Wright is from Rutgers!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

The funny thing is I remember us draftniks talking about him as a possible UDFA pick up because of the Rutgers connection  lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Good move, even if its a 3rd or 4th round pick. I was getting annoyed with his pass blocking at times, though he was still a great run blocker. 

I'm not sold on Devey yet but they have good, young depth at G and C. I wouldn't mind seeing Wendall leave as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, I guessed a fifth, so that's actually good. He's a Pro Bowler in the past tense. With a big cap hit. A fourth plus a young, cheap player that will make the team is pretty good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

Lower then what I wanted but if they use the money to resign Revis and McCourty and Wright puts up similar numbers to what he did in Tampa I'd be alright with it.

However, if they buy 6 players with that money and none work out well.... But, I think the idea is to extend the players coming up. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bet Mr. Luck and your Colts would be happy to swap OL lines with the Pats, with or without Mankins.

[/QUOTE]

Heck no!  Mankins would have been the only upgrade!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Heck no!  Mankins would have been the only upgrade!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I still like it. They would have had to do something about him or his contract next year and his value could be worse than a 4th round pick

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cue Rusty:

BB does it again! Total fleece job! Mankie was way overpaid! Great Value! Thanks BB!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey TP Richie Ingcognito is your team's future?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

4th is reasonable. Like other posters have stated, Al Davis is long gone 

"I swear it upon Zues the most exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Part of me wants to pull up the TE thread where some people were killing me saying I wanted a more pass catching TE as a #2 and use Hooman as a pure blocking TE. Well.... Wright instantly becomes the #2 on the team and if Gronk goes down we have a pass catcher and a blocker and if Gronk stays healthy we have a pass TE core and a blocking TE core. I don't like blowing my own horn but I'm also tired of people going off on me saying I think I know more than BB. Well in this case me and BB were on the same page. I was just thinking FA and this trade fell into place for BB but in the end same result.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Richie Ingcognito is your team's future?

LOL NO.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

Breaking: the Patriots have agreed to parameters of a trade to send Pro Bowl guard Logan Mankins to the Bucs for a pick and TE Tim Wright

Jay Glazer @JayGlazer · 4m
    The deal is not yet finalized but the players have been informed and terms agreed upon. Still some things to work out. Mankins 6x Pro Bowler

WOW

[/QUOTE]

Average linemen, past their prime, don't earn what Mankins earns. Saw it coming. Solder's money will be tolerated this year but he never sees a dime of the 7.5 million next year if he remains unable to deal with pass rushers on a consistent basis.

The NFL...it ain't for sissies....