Mankins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Mankins?

Why haven't they re-signed him yet?  Isn't he the best lineman (other than Vollmer maybe) on the team?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Mankins?

because deals take time and they have him cheap this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The good part of Free Agency,when a player is restricted they have only until 4/15 to sign with another team.Failure to sign with another team by that time eliminates their position as a RFA. So with that said Mankins can sign here or sit at home. Though I'm sure that the Patriots are trying their best too hammer out a fair contract solution with Logan Mankins and Stephen Gostkowski...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Speaking of mankins, heres an old tidbit where he and the other o-liners talk about their beards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1atalwL7iM&NR=1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I worry about this turning into another Deion Branch negotiation where we end up pissing off (and eventually losing) a player we'd be better off keeping.  We have a lot of positions to fill.  We don't need to create another void in a team that's already shot full of holes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

would be nice to lock him into a long term contract...and add some other linemen via the draft.  Vollmer and Mankins on the left side? Sweeeeeet....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

I was wondering if / when someone would talk about Mankins. We need to sign him to a long term deal . I did notice that he is still in California and not happy about not being tendered is their anything more to it. What does BB Do if he wants more money than the Pats are willing to pay. If god forbid they ever reach the no turning back point do you trade him or have him play half the year because you know a hold out is possible. If they do reach that point what is his trade value. BB If you ever read any of these posts( NOT) please sign Mankins for Tom's
    sake.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

The Patriots will get him signed long term I am sure but they have no reason to rush a deal right now. They have him under contract this year and theoreticaly can keep him with a tag in 2011 (The Tag is available in 2011 because the tag would come before the end of the current CBA which is why they can hold a draft next year before a potential lockout). I suspect the deal comes after the start of training camp but before game one of the regular season. They won't do it before the start of training camp because they need to use that time to work out rookie deals with all their picks.

BTW... likely the same type of time frame with Brady.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins?:
    would be nice to lock him into a long term contract...and add some other linemen via the draft.  Vollmer and Mankins on the left side? Sweeeeeet....
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

I love that Bubba--and I hope they add a top RT prospect in the draft--maybe someone like Trent Williams.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Maybe the Patriots are dangling Mankins in the hopes that Denver will bite and surrender a 1rst and a third,if you get Denvers first and their third that would be a good get... Heck even their second and their 5th would be adequate compensation though io think BB really wants to re-sign Mankins...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

To me you don't spend large sums of your cap on guards and in the long run I'd be surprised if the pats did. I know he's good, but I think it's a position that you can get by without spending big on. Just develop guys in your system or sign some middle of the road type guy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Keeping someone on the cheap helps to build a strong and lasting bond of trust and partnership between player and team.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........I can't even say that with a straight face.  Kraft rather pocket the money then pay his best lineman.  Why keep him happy when you can just keep him.

The Patriots like to have disgruntled employees.  They feel it adds to the whole team building and positive locker room vibe thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

1. Mankins is better than Vollmer
    2. Hes a restricted free agent
    3. he wants a contract and we are working on that... gonna deal with it after the draft
    4. hell play, well get a deal done. hes the best guard in the NFL