Manning & Brady era over???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Manning & Brady era over???

Didn't read it.  Don't need to.  Sports writers don't know anything.  Haven't predicted anything correctly.  Can't decide what will happen.  I'm sure the article says Flacco, Roethlisberger, Sanchez, and Rivers are the future.  And that the Bradys and Mannings are now beatable.  Here is the truth: they always were.  The Clots were good, but got beaten when it mattered.  We put together a run of games from 2001 to 2004, but really, weren't blowing up the post season  or any of the superbowls.  People keep saying "the last three years we have been losing"  but the truth is we only DIDN'T lose in 3 years.  The ERA they refer to is this false invincibility where people say "as long as Brady and Bellichick are on the other sideline, I'm picking the Pats"  when it never was just those guys.  It took the McGinests, Bruschis, Vrables, Troy Browns, and even the Jermaine Wiggins and Antowain Smiths to get this team those 3 SB wins.  ALL of them.  Brady was a piece of that, and still is the same, or better.  We just need a McGinnest or two.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't see many quarterbacks around the league that look better than Manning and Brady.  (Rogers is maybe making a case for himself this year, but he hasn't done it consistently yet.)  You need to take into account that Manning's receiving corp was devastated by injuries this year and Brady was playing with a bunch of slot receivers and tight ends.  The Pats have no real (decent) wideouts (like the Packers' Jennings and Driver). 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: Manning & Brady era over???:
    [QUOTE]I don't see many quarterbacks around the league that look better than Manning and Brady.  (Rogers is maybe making a case for himself this year, but he hasn't done it consistently yet.)  You need to take into account that Manning's receiving corp was devastated by injuries this year and Brady was playing with a bunch of slot receivers and tight ends.  The Pats have no real (decent) wideouts (like the Packers' Jennings and Driver). 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

I'll say this for Rodgers he's doing it without their best weapon in Findley and no running game. I still think Manning/Brady can both make it and win more Super Bowls. I give the window for both about 4 years, with a 5th year to Brady.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

The article basically says that Age is not on their sides, especially with a possible lockout looming, These QBs will remain in the top 10 QBs in the league for a few more years but they Will NOT win another superbowl, and will continue to be beat in the post season. Elway is really the only QB to be in mid to late 30's and win a superbowl (and it also says that Elway did it with the league's best RB at the time in the backfield)...Depressing article lol ...Im not fully buying it...As I do grow concern with the past few yrs of post-season let downs, I think that Brady and the Pats are in good shape to continue progressing the receivers/RBs to make another solid run to the Super Bowl...Time will tell...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I will wait and see how Brady looks after Belichick rebuilding the OL next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Manning & Brady era over???:
    [QUOTE]What do you say to this article?? : http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/18/the-tom-brady-and-peyton-manning-quarterback-era-is-over/6
    Posted by ReeGzUSMC[/QUOTE]

"Tom Brady and Peyton Manning will never win another Super Bowl."

Some bloggers will say anything to get noticed. Dumping on two hall-of-fame QBs is a good way to do it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Far from it. 2 of the top QB's ever. One bad game from each doesn't end their career. I expect to see Manning in the playoffs next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Manning & Brady era over???:
    [QUOTE]What do you say to this article?? : http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/18/the-tom-brady-and-peyton-manning-quarterback-era-is-over/6
    Posted by ReeGzUSMC[/QUOTE]

Just more proof that the internet supports an endless stream of self appointed 'experts' who think someone cares what they think.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

Joe Montana won 2 SBs.  Then lost 3 straight playoffs before winning next two Super Bowls.  Tom Brady's career is like an image of Joe's career.  Hmm...the next two years, the Patriots may be in both Super Bowls and win it all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FebruaryGirl. Show FebruaryGirl's posts

In Response to Re: Manning & Brady era over???:
    [QUOTE]Joe Montana won 2 SBs.  Then lost 3 straight playoffs before winning next two Super Bowls.  Tom Brady's career is like an image of Joe's career.  Hmm...the next two years, the Patriots may be in both Super Bowls and win it all.
    Posted by nZone[/QUOTE]

Hey nZone - One of the last posts was about "where you lived and being a Patriot" well, my being from Monroe, LA, footbal - I started with Joe Montana & the 49ers and the weekend of my birthday Feb 1 Super Bowl '03, I found Tom Brady...just saying I really like your post response. They didn't have Fatheads when Joe played but I have Tom. Hope you don't mind my post to you.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Its not over but if Big Ben wins #3 you may need to add a name to this era. 

Sections
Shortcuts