Manning and his 40 million

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Manning and his 40 million

The next order of business for Bowlen after his month of being ticked: pick up Manning's two-year, $40 million. Per NFL.COM

Is this a tough call? I think he has no choice as the team is very close. However, with his playoff record, age and arm strength debate, it is a tough call.

What say you my BDC friends?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Manning and his 40 million

He has no choice but to pay up.  When they pursued Manning they committed to take the plunge and go "all in" with him for about 3 years.  I agree that there are surely some concerns about Peyton's age and arm strength, but they are committed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Big number. Not sure where Denver is in the draft but I'm sure there will be slim pickens for QB's in the draft. Not to mention potential fallout from the Roller coaster ride the fans have been on. Cutler to Tebow to Manning. Will start to sound like the opening act for the NY Jets. 

Maybe Papa John's can pay half his salary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

@PATSthebest: they drafted Brock Osweiler last year to sit behind Manning for a few years.

PS this site is freakin horrendous, when I click reply to post it takes about 10 clicks until the post is actually quoted and then you have to wait 5 minutes before your post actually goes through. So frustrating!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I hear Tim Tebow is available much cheaper.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

I hear Tim Tebow is available much cheaper.

Lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Then it will be another $100 million to put a dome on the stadium.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

Good one. I think they have tonsign him but he wont bring him to a SB with Brady and BB in the AFC . 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

Good one. I think they have tonsign him but he wont bring him to a SB with Brady and BB in the AFC . 

Either Manning's age is showing a bit, or he needs more of a talented supporting cast.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

funny part.......didn't really see any LONG throws from Manning in that game...is it the receivers. gameplan, or his arm strength?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Did they put it in his contract that he (Manning) has to pay for the dome? Manning should know he needs it if he is to hide his weaknesses as he did in Indy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Pay Gomer while the rest of us grab our popcorn and enjoy the postseason mediocrity.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Is there any question? The QB market is pretty weak right now. Of course they have to sign him.

Remember, they also drafted Brock Osweiler. They still want him to learn from Manning. Have him follow Manning around offseason and study his work habits. Then IR him during the playoffs so that he's away from Manning during his inevitable choke.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

NFL's version of "As the World Turns"

4 team trade

Romo to Jets

Sanch. to SanFran

Smith to Denver

Manning to Dallas

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

40 m...?  For 2 years...?  HAHAHAHA... LOL...For Peyton... ?  Stop it.... Yur keeeeling me....  HAHAHA...LOL..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

40 m...?  For 2 years...?  HAHAHAHA... LOL...For Peyton... ?  Stop it.... Yur keeeeling me....  HAHAHA...LOL..

Flaco will get 15 million per year soon. At least he wins in the playoffs. 

Manning = overpaid. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

The next order of business for Bowlen after his month of being ticked: pick up Manning's two-year, $40 million. Per NFL.COM

Is this a tough call? I think he has no choice as the team is very close. However, with his playoff record, age and arm strength debate, it is a tough call.

What say you my BDC friends?

They will pay.  Say what you will about his age, etc., but he is still a GREAT QB, and looks like he can continue that way for another couple of years.  I had my doubts and thought he was crazy to even try, but he proved he still has the stuff.  That is why I was rooting like crazy for Baltimore in the last game.  I would much rather have them in Foxboro than have to go out to Denver and face Manning.  Even if we had home field advantage, no way do I want to face Manning.

They will pay.  The only way they don't is if Manning decides he has had enough and retires.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Can't believe UD hasn't chimmed in with his drivel trying to convince us (really himself) that PM is worth it and how he's the greatest QB to play the game - yada, yada, yada.  Then follow-up a moronic post with ye' ole "Brady was a good game manager but hasn't won anything recently."  As if Peyton has.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

LOL, I personally wouldn't pick up up, sign Tebow and boom instant #1 pick next year if with right personal (see Colts blueprint)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CornHole12. Show CornHole12's posts

Maybe Brady should buy a Papa John's. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

heck, at least Manning threw 3 tds, had his kicker miss a FG and had an INT bounce off his receiver's chest and hands.  What did Brady do?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

heck, at least Manning threw 3 tds, had his kicker miss a FG and had an INT bounce off his receiver's chest and hands.  What did Brady do?

You're still here !!! jeez go to bed

Sections
Shortcuts