Manning could retire?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

Manning could retire?

not familiar with the reporter, but he seems the think mannings has a more than 50% chance to retire

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Manning could retire?

I would if I were him. Guy has a fused neck bone. One bad break and he could be drinking his meals through a straw. 

And for what? To take a shot with an obviously decayed team? Manning in his prime gets that team five or six wins. They got ten last season with a cupcake schedule. It's only getting worse (older) before it gets better. 

Wayne is on his last legs. It looks like Bracket and Clark have lost it and so has Saturday. And the rest of the team has a bunch of old JAGS. 

They should go fire sale this offseason and get a new QB to rebuild with. And Manning should protect his health. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Not that I believe that report. 

He should start a career coaching though.

I can't think of another guy who would seem as natural an option for QB somewhere. And eventually an OC ... though he might want to run the ball more than he did in his playing days.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Manning could retire?:
    I would if I were him. Guy has a fused neck bone. One bad break and he could be drinking his meals through a straw.  And for what? To take a shot with an obviously decayed team? Manning in his prime gets that team five or six wins. They got ten last season with a cupcake schedule. It's only getting worse (older) before it gets better.  Wayne is on his last legs. It looks like Bracket and Clark have lost it and so has Saturday. And the rest of the team has a bunch of old JAGS.  They should go fire sale this offseason and get a new QB to rebuild with. And Manning should protect his health. 
    Posted by zbellino

Typical Pats undervaluing of Manning. 

With Manning the colts are likely 7-4 this year, and given Tennesee's play, that game could be argued. 

The fact is this team can't even be evaluated given Painters frequent inability to throw a ball close to a receiver.  In the Tennessee game he threw 49 balls.  Also, I don't know how you define having the NFC East on the sched as cupcake. 

Indy lost more starter games than any other team in the NFL last year and many of those lost games included Manning's skill players.  The oline stunk and the d was without d tackles, brackett, session, and 3/4 of the secondary. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

He might as well. There's no sense crippling the guy next year just so the Colts can win 3 games. Although I'm sure Polian wouldn't mind as long as he feels he got some return on this bogus investment. If I were Manning I'd be more concerned with my family than the Colts. He got his money so he can put on a little act and make believe how important the team is to him.  Next we see of the Colts in the playoffs will be about a decade from now after they recover from inept management, coaching, integrity and guts.
    I wish them Luck though..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I think Manning will give it a go in practice.  If its not there for him, I don't see him pushing to play if he knows he can't play.  Yesterday, for the first time, we saw Manning with one of his kids, which was great to see. 

Having just had kids for the first time, they will likely cause him to consider his mortality in a way he might not have without them.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsMan73. Show ColtsMan73's posts

In Response to Re: Manning could retire?:
    He might as well. There's no sense crippling the guy next year just so the Colts can win 3 games. Although I'm sure Polian wouldn't mind as long as he feels he got some return on this bogus investment. If I were Manning I'd be more concerned with my family than the Colts. He got his money so he can put on a little act and make believe how important the team is to him.  Next we see of the Colts in the playoffs will be about a decade from now after they recover from inept management, coaching, integrity and guts. I wish them Luck though..
    Posted by Rerun85

You know dude, every patriot fan on here expresses comments that I can take into consideration, but you are a moron. The whole thing about how Manning can put on an act and pretend he cares just shows your sports intelligence. Aren't Brady and Manning considered the most prepared, dedicated, hard working players in the league? You don't give any credit to a guy who never missed a start in his entire career before this year? I agree Polian has been terrible lately, but he did draft Manning, Freeney, Mathis, , Edgerrin James, Collie, Wayne, Clark, (Bob Sanders defensive player of the year(when healthy) and signed Jeff Saturday. Coaching I agree with, but inept management across the board doesnt win you as many games as we've won around here the past ten years. Inept management does not get to the superbowl seven times. (Bills 4, Carolina 1, Colts 2) i know you all hate Polian, I get it. He changed the rules of the game, blah, blah, blah. Just remember that the pats arent the 49ers, they take of advantage of a lot of pass interference calls as well. As far as integrity and guts, how many Colts players do you hear in the news causing trouble? Not many. The guts thing, all I can say to that is typical patriot fan venom toward us. You can come back with your going to kill us this week and all that, no sh@t sherlock. Does that about spell it out for you, or do you need a wristband like Brady with all the plays on it to understand. Texas Pat is 10 times more tolerable than you. That is all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I've waited for this day to come for a long time and now that's here (his possible retirement/demise) I kind of wish it wasn't. The guy is a hell of a player and he made things very interesting every single year. As far as Polian goes - as much as I hate him - he'll get the chance to pick high in the draft (something he hasn't done in a while) and do fine. 

Sections
Shortcuts