Manning draws the viewers for Sunday Night Game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

Re: Manning draws the viewers for Sunday Night Game.

In Response to Manning draws the viewers for Sunday Night Game.:
    The Colts-Redskins game on Sunday night drew a 13.2 {going against the NL League Series} the highest rating in 13 years. Reason? Peyton Manning. 1. Fact. Peyton Manning is the most valuable player to HIS TEAM to ever play in the NFL. The Patriots were 11-5 without Tom Brady. What do you think the Colts would be {any year............pick a year} without Manning? They'd be lucky to be .500 and I doubt they'd be .500. 2. Over the years some of the Press has talked about Mannings "great" recievers. Who? Marvin Harrison? Marvin Harrison was about 5'9" with slightly above average speed. He wasn't a "great" reciever. Manning made him "great." Reggie Wayne? Reggie runs great routes and has good hands but he isn't a great talent. He has average speed. Austin Collie? Dwight Clark? Clark isn't THAT talented. They talk about him like he's 6'4" 240 lbs and runs a 4.3............One time on television this year they asked Tony Dungy about the Colts recievers. Tony chuckled and said, "maybe it is Peyton who made them, not vice versa." 3. Peyton Manning IS the "face" of pro football..........this is evidenced by the numbers for Sunday Nights game with Washington. Guys like Tom Brady are "big" with the "secondary fans".....the girlfriends and mothers who are as interested in Giselle as they are the Patriots, but as far as the diehard American football fans. The ones who could care less if someone has an apartment in Manhattan or if their poodle gets a haircut at the salon? Those people follow Manning more than anyone. I think Manning is worth 4 yrs, 100 million to the Colts AND the NFL.
    Posted by walton

One more thing. I thought watching the Colts "hurry up" offense during the Washington game was revolutionary. It was a different type of football than anything played before. It was almost like a basketball game or a hockey game. Constant action. Constant flow. All of this created and orchestrated by Manning. It was like hydrogen cars or taking a vacation in space. Football at a totally different level than ever seen before. The "pace" of the game was incredible. Forget about wins and losses. Forget about TD's and Interceptions. What Peyton Manning does and has done for a number of years now is groundbreaking. No one else has really been able to do it.........to sustain it. I think you'll see more and more of this as time goes on. The quarterback as maestro controlling the pace of the game, not enabling the opposition to substitute and do the things they want to do, and bringing a high level of conditioning into the game. Breathtaking, IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Ratings don't win championships.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In Response to Re: Manning draws the viewers for Sunday Night Game.:
    Ratings don't win championships.
    Posted by apdynasty23

What has that got to do with analyzing football or the worth of a particular player? "Winston tastes good like a cigarette should."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The Colts-Redskins game on Sunday night drew a 13.2 {going against the NL League Series} the highest rating in 13 years. Posted by walton

Ummm . . .   not for nothing but Titans/Jagwires outdrew Yankees-Rangers last night. It ain't Manning, it's the game itself. And while we're bullsh*tting here, if you want to see the biggest draw in the league, tune in next Sunday night and keep your eyes on number 4.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

So many idiotic trolls these days

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

=D HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You clown, just because you draw high ratings that means you're great? All that means is that you're fun to watch. When the Giants and the Cowboys meet up they draw huge ratings, does that mean Sheli and Rhomo are great QBs? And here we go with the Peyton making his WRs nonsense.

Uhmm, Wayne, Harrison, Clark were all first rounders. If they were such average WRs and TEs, why did the Colts draft them that high? And funny, Marvin was 5'9, slightly above average speed? =D HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAhahAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

A.) Marvin was 6'0
    B.) Marvin ran a 4.36 40 yard dash
    C.) Marvin had the greatest hands I'd ever saw until I started seeing Randy Moss on an everyday basis.

On Wayne, he runs great routes and has good hands, but isn't a great talent because he has average speed. -_-... Jerry Rice, the greatest WR to ever play the game, only ran a 4.7 in his 40 yard. Speed doesn't make the receiver, route running and hands does. 

And Dallas Clark isn't THAT talented you say? Well, If Tom had a 6'4 252 pound TE that runs with 4.48 speed, great route runner and can block really well he'd already be in the SB waiting for the season to finish.  

Collie, are you kidding me? Collie was second in every receiving category in his senior year in college. Only Michael Crabtree had better numbers than him. I know Peyton is GOD, but how did Peyton possibly make Collie into a good WR in college? 

I wonder what Undy has to say about this. Come on, I know Peyton is a great QB, but don't take away his WRs' talents. The Colts drafted well for him. He makes them play better and they make his play better. Jeeesssssuuuussss!!! We already get this guy shoved down our throats by ESPN, we don't need him on our board. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

You think the hurry up offense was never run by any QB before Manning?  You are a true football historian.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

The Colts-Redskins game on Sunday night drew a 13.2 {going against the NL League Series} the highest rating in 13 years. Reason? Peyton Manning. 1. Fact. Peyton Manning is the most valuable player to HIS TEAM to ever play in the NFL. The Patriots were 11-5 without Tom Brady. What do you think the Colts would be {any year............pick a year} without Manning? They'd be lucky to be .500 and I doubt they'd be .500. 2. Over the years some of the Press has talked about Mannings "great" recievers. Who? Marvin Harrison? Marvin Harrison was about 5'9" with slightly above average speed. He wasn't a "great" reciever. Manning made him "great." Reggie Wayne? Reggie runs great routes and has good hands but he isn't a great talent. He has average speed. Austin Collie? Dwight Clark? Clark isn't THAT talented. They talk about him like he's 6'4" 240 lbs and runs a 4.3............One time on television this year they asked Tony Dungy about the Colts recievers. Tony chuckled and said, "maybe it is Peyton who made them, not vice versa." 3. Peyton Manning IS the "face" of pro football..........this is evidenced by the numbers for Sunday Nights game with Washington. Guys like Tom Brady are "big" with the "secondary fans".....the girlfriends and mothers who are as interested in Giselle as they are the Patriots, but as far as the diehard American football fans. The ones who could care less if someone has an apartment in Manhattan or if their poodle gets a haircut at the salon? Those people follow Manning more than anyone. I think Manning is worth 4 yrs, 100 million to the Colts AND the NFL.
    Posted by walton

Isn't it just crazy to think that brady has a sh#% load more rings then the choke joke manning. I guess actions speak louder then commercials and idiot trolls from Indianapolis.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

If Washington was a competent team, they would have picked Manning off about a half dozen times Sunday night. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Watching Manning run 12 plays in about 2 minutes was pretty impressive.  The Redskins defense had to be exhausted by the time Addia bounded into the endzone like a pinball.  I'll give the Colts their props.  But, if the Colts have 3 fumbles against the Pats and give us field position, we'll win by 14+ points.  Colts defense also needs to learn how to tackle. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

You left out the revolutionary hail mary's & yellow flags on uncatchable balls, or was that done on purpose. ;-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Who was that ninny? Marvin Harrison may be the greatest route runner to ever play the game. Peyton is a great regular season QB. No doubt about it, but the fact remains that Peyton's organization has surrounded him with 1st round talent on offense throughout his career.

marvin Harrison
    Reggie Wayne
    Egerin James
    Dallas Clark
    Joseph Addai
    Donald Brown
    Anthony Gonzalez.

Look up how many of Peytons td passes and yards went to these skill position players that the team loaded manning with.

So while we all know he is great at playing football we also know that his organization made it their goal to load him with the weapons to help make him great. That's HIM great, not the team great. It wasn't their goal.

The Patriots with Bob Kraft and Bill Belichick decided they wanted to "build a team". They didn't need to draft a QB with the 1st pick in the draft. They understood that in this league you cannot be a one trick pony. hence the reason Manning BARELY has 1 championship snd we with 6th round Tom Brady and co. have won 3.

Give Peyton Trow Brown,Deon Branch,David Givens, Christian Fauria and Antwoin Smith as his skill position players with a no name defense and see how great he is. Oh wait, I forgot he gets good ratings....

Good Post buddy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

TC -

Oh lord - are we going to do this again. 

1.  what non skill position players would you have Manning throw to? 

2.  Here's a list of 1sts and 2nds that Brady has had at his disposal throughout his career. 

A Smith
    Ch Johnson
    Fauria
    Cloud
    B Johnson
    Stokes
    Faulk
    A Davis
    Maroney
    Glenn
    Graham
    Watson
    Branch
    Gaffney
    Caldwell
    C Jackson
    Stallworth
    Moss
    F Taylor
    Galloway
    Dillon

Here are significant contributors Manning has had that you did not mention:

Pollard udfa
    Wilkins udfa
    Rhodes udfa
    Mungro udfa
    Stokely 4th
    Utecht udfa
    Keith udfa
    Garcon 6th
    Collie 4th
    White udfa

Can we finally dispose of this failed arguement for good?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

oh and btw - that "no name" d wasn't so no name.  One of the best of the decade and the reason the pats won their rings.  That, and video.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Indyhate

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

The Patriots' overtime win over the Ravens helped carry CBS to match the highest preliminary rating for its single-game window since it acquired the current AFC package. The network said Monday it averaged a 14.3 overnight rating and 29 share. 

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2010/10/18/ravens_patriots_helps_generate_high_tv_rating/

Reason..........  Who gives a rat's petunia?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

TC - Oh lord - are we going to do this again.  1.  what non skill position players would you have Manning throw to?  2.  Here's a list of 1sts and 2nds that Brady has had at his disposal throughout his career.  A Smith Ch Johnson Fauria Cloud B Johnson Stokes Faulk A Davis Maroney Glenn Graham Watson Branch Gaffney Caldwell C Jackson Stallworth Moss F Taylor Galloway Dillon Here are significant contributors Manning has had that you did not mention: Pollard udfa Wilkins udfa Rhodes udfa Mungro udfa Stokely 4th Utecht udfa Keith udfa Garcon 6th Collie 4th White udfa Can we finally dispose of this failed arguement for good?
    Posted by Indylove

Whatever, just admit that Peyton has had great WRs. You can't deny that, great WRs make a QB better (Moss and Culpepper) and a great QB makes a WR better (Brady and Caldwell). 

Manning benefited from his WRs and his WRs benefited from him. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

=D HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You clown, just because you draw high ratings that means you're great? All that means is that you're fun to watch. When the Giants and the Cowboys meet up they draw huge ratings, does that mean Sheli and Rhomo are great QBs? And here we go with the Peyton making his WRs nonsense. Uhmm, Wayne, Harrison, Clark were all first rounders. If they were such average WRs and TEs, why did the Colts draft them that high? And funny, Marvin was 5'9, slightly above average speed? =D HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAhahAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! A.) Marvin was 6'0 B.) Marvin ran a 4.36 40 yard dash C.) Marvin had the greatest hands I'd ever saw until I started seeing Randy Moss on an everyday basis. On Wayne, he runs great routes and has good hands, but isn't a great talent because he has average speed. -_-... Jerry Rice, the greatest WR to ever play the game, only ran a 4.7 in his 40 yard. Speed doesn't make the receiver, route running and hands does.  And Dallas Clark isn't THAT talented you say? Well, If Tom had a 6'4 252 pound TE that runs with 4.48 speed, great route runner and can block really well he'd already be in the SB waiting for the season to finish.   Collie, are you kidding me? Collie was second in every receiving category in his senior year in college. Only Michael Crabtree had better numbers than him. I know Peyton is GOD, but how did Peyton possibly make Collie into a good WR in college?  I wonder what Undy has to say about this. Come on, I know Peyton is a great QB, but don't take away his WRs' talents. The Colts drafted well for him. He makes them play better and they make his play better. Jeeesssssuuuussss!!! We already get this guy shoved down our throats by ESPN, we don't need him on our board. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

4 MVP's and counting. Most in league history.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

You think the hurry up offense was never run by any QB before Manning?  You are a true football historian.
    Posted by shenanigan

Not the way he runs it throughout the game and at a break neck pace. It has NEVER been done by anyone like they do it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

Watching Manning run 12 plays in about 2 minutes was pretty impressive.  The Redskins defense had to be exhausted by the time Addia bounded into the endzone like a pinball.  I'll give the Colts their props.  But, if the Colts have 3 fumbles against the Pats and give us field position, we'll win by 14+ points.  Colts defense also needs to learn how to tackle. 
    Posted by MarcW1

The Colts aren't THAT good. They never have been...........yet they have the second best regular season record in th NFL over the last ten years. Wonder why?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

Who was that ninny? Marvin Harrison may be the greatest route runner to ever play the game. Peyton is a great regular season QB. No doubt about it, but the fact remains that Peyton's organization has surrounded him with 1st round talent on offense throughout his career. marvin Harrison Reggie Wayne Egerin James Dallas Clark Joseph Addai Donald Brown Anthony Gonzalez. Look up how many of Peytons td passes and yards went to these skill position players that the team loaded manning with. So while we all know he is great at playing football we also know that his organization made it their goal to load him with the weapons to help make him great. That's HIM great, not the team great. It wasn't their goal. The Patriots with Bob Kraft and Bill Belichick decided they wanted to "build a team". They didn't need to draft a QB with the 1st pick in the draft. They understood that in this league you cannot be a one trick pony. hence the reason Manning BARELY has 1 championship snd we with 6th round Tom Brady and co. have won 3. Give Peyton Trow Brown,Deon Branch,David Givens, Christian Fauria and Antwoin Smith as his skill position players with a no name defense and see how great he is. Oh wait, I forgot he gets good ratings.... Good Post buddy.
    Posted by TrueChamp

4 MVP's to go along with it...............Ask Belichek if he'd like to have Peyton quarterbacking for him? Belichek LOVES Manning. I'll bet you 100 dollars that if you put a gun to Belichek's head and said, "tell the truth or your brains are gonna be blown out..........who do you think is better Manning or Brady?" I'll bet my bottom dollar he'd say, "Manning." I know he would. If Manning had been the Patriot quarterback instead of Brady you don't think they'd have three rings? You're out of your mind. They'd have four or five.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In Response to Re: Manning draws the viewers for Sunday Night Game. : Whatever, just admit that Peyton has had great WRs. You can't deny that, great WRs make a QB better (Moss and Culpepper) and a great QB makes a WR better (Brady and Caldwell).  Manning benefited from his WRs and his WRs benefited from him. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

I disagree. I don't think his WR are that good. They have no running attack to augment the passing game. The opposition sits back with 7 or 8 guys out of  box and they still can't stop Peyton.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Posted by walton

I fully agree on the value Manning brings to the Colts and sincerely hope pay him $100 Million over 3 years (forget 4 years) !!

......that means they will have that much less to spend on others :-) sweet !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

In Response to Re: Manning draws the viewers for Sunday Night Game. : Not the way he runs it throughout the game and at a break neck pace. It has NEVER been done by anyone like they do it.
    Posted by walton

He has to do that because his huge forehead puts unnecessary pressure on his neck. He can't make it through a game at a normal pace. ;-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

Sections
Shortcuts