manning sacked 3 times...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: manning sacked 3 times...

Yea but underdogg as a whole unit your Oline is not very good. Well lets instead say they are very unproven. Other then Jeff Saturday the line isnt a proven line. I am not taking a shot at your team just stateing what I think. I think if your O line is not top notch this year you could have a hard time of it. Mario Williams is a beast and he is in your div.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmartins16. Show bmartins16's posts

It is pre-season! As a Pat's fan, the Pat's D didn't look to solid either.  I would say give it time before we start declaring 8-8 season, etc. It was ONE "pre"-season game for crying out loud!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Not only do they have Mario (don't they also have some guy named DeMeco Ryans who's also not too shabby) in their division, but the Titans now have VandenBosch back healthy this season. They looked good against the Bills last week, but then again Buffalo's O-line is far from good (I'm going to love hearing TO fume about Edwards not getting him the ball because he is on his a s s)! And it wasn't so much the Jags defense that caused all those losses last year. Their O-line was patchwork all season long, and Garrard looked pretty bad. They did manage to win 12 games two years ago. The AFC South is getting stronger, much like the AFC East is. We'll have it easier than Indy in our division due to the Jests having a rookie QB and the Bills having no O-line. The Colts do have one thing over the rest of the division, experience in winning down the stretch. I expect two playoff teams from that division. They could send three. If the Indy O-line has a rough go of it, Peyton is going to miss Marvin pretty bad. Gonzalez will need to step up big time. The Colts may find themselves fighting for a wildcard again this December. But like NE, they too can run the table after Thanksgiving. As much as I hate the Colts, I'd love to see one more AFCCG between the two (of course, I'd rather it be in Foxboro). I think that would make this rivalry top the Cowboys/49ers and Steelers/Raiders ones of yesteryear. Pittsburgh/NE is another one which would need at least another game. The Chargers have yet to prove themselves a force in the playoffs, so I wouldn't call a NE/SD rivalry one of the "big" ones (no matter how many tears JBolt and Tomlinson shed over the subject)!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Mario Williams is a beast no matter where. Facing him twice a season must be a headache.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

In Response to Re: manning sacked 3 times...:
    No mention anywhere in this thread that it was the Vikes' starters. This was not an illusion. The Vikings are in trouble this year because they don't have a quarterback, but that defensive front is ugly good.
    Posted by prairiemike

pmike, I'm sure a truly great QB like Brady would of easily sliced and diced them. 

Manning is strictly a compiler against weaker competition.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Colts are going to have a tough road this year I think Houston and Tennessee will battle for the division with 10-6, 11-5 record taking it. Then Jax and Indy will battle for 3rd with 9-7, 8-8 records if they are lucky. The Colts have too many changes for them to recover this year and probably next season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Gentlemen,

The Colts will be back because, for all of the talent, the AFC South is a division of under-achievers, hey we're contenders, and one-and -done'rs.  The Colts, though our rivals, ARE better than that. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Yea but underdogg as a whole unit your Oline is not very good. Well lets instead say they are very unproven. Other then Jeff Saturday the line isnt a proven line. I am not taking a shot at your team just stateing what I think. I think if your O line is not top notch this year you could have a hard time of it. Mario Williams is a beast and he is in your div.
    Posted by MVPkilla

Tas - lets review. 
    *Jeff Saturday C - 10 year starter - probowl 05-07.  Played 
    *Ryan Lilja LG - starter 4 years - missed all of 08 due to knee injury is back.  Probably a little rusty.  Played
    *Mike Pollak RG - Second year player.  Started 13 games last season.  Second Rd draft pick last year.  Should be much better this year.  Played 
    *Ryan Diem RT - 8 year starter - did not play. 
    *Charlie Johnson LT - replaced Tony Ugoh.  Started 16 games last year at multiple positions.  Did not play. 

I feel very good about 4 of the 5 with the one exception being the LT.  But if Johnson does not pan out, Ugoh was effective, if not great, the last 2 years as starter at that position.  Other than 2 positions the other 3 are veteran and proven line. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

One other note Tas. 

In 2 games last year, Houston had a total of 2 sacks, both by Williams and both in the first game between the teams at Houston.  This was the fifth game of the year for the colts and Manning was still getting over his knee surgery.  Ugoh was the LT in both games. 

Line for the first game from LT to RT - Johnson, Richard, Saturday, Pollak, Diem
    Line for the second game from LT to RT - Ugoh, Johnson, Saturday, Pollak, Diem

For that game with 2 sacks which the colts won, they started a past 2nd stringer at LT and a rookie at LG.  and yet only 2 sacks even with Manning still recovering from surg. 

Not too much concern.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

hey peyton whatcha doin down there
    dancing around every play while I live rite above you
    i can hear your music playin
    i can feel your body swayin
    blow me you don't even know me
    I hate you

chorus
    Oh my peyton
    sacked three times on the field
    svck twice on  my pipe 
    oh my sweetness
    means you'll meet me in the parking lot
    svck twice on my pipe means you ain't gonna show

if you look out your earhole tonite
    pulling the string with the ball thats attached to your hand
    read how many times I sacked you
    how in my silence I hated you
    and only in your dreams did  that offensive wall  come between us

chorus
    Oh my peyton
    svck twice on my pipe and scream no
    oh my sweetness
    means you'll meet me in the parking lot
    svuck twice on the pipe means you ain't gonna show

oh i can hear the music playing
    i can feel your body swayin
    one floor below me you don't even blow me
    i hate you

chorus
    Oh my peyton
    svck twice on the pipe if the answer is no
    oh my sweetness
    means you'll meet me in the hallway
    twice on the pipe means you ain't gonna show

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Was that Peyton or Eli?
    Posted by bubthegrub2

Remind me again which Manning brother is which here?

LMAO I know...very bad of me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmartins16. Show bmartins16's posts

In Response to Re: manning sacked 3 times... : Are the Pats even a threat to the Colts this year?  The Colts have bigger threats in the AFC South.  Let's face it, the Pats just don't scare teams anymore.  lol
    Posted by JulesWinfield

Two season ago they went 18-1. Went 11-5 with Cassel as their back-up.  How can you tell me the Pats don't scare teams anymore?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Those two brothers in Laurie's post scare meSurprised

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Those two brothers in Laurie's post scare me
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

Don't be scared Harley. It's just good ole boys Peyton and Eli. Problem is I fer-git which one is which!

(Oh my gosh, I am cracking up over here. lmao!)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Underdogg all you just did was further my point, other then Jeff Saturday you do not have any proven guys on that Oline.You have some prospects and thats great but right now this year your O line is weak. I am not bashing on teh Colts, I am a D line coach I watch the D and the O line very closely and I am not saying you dont have talent along the O line I am just saying that other then Saturday you have no proven guys. Both your tackles could not work out and both your gaurds could not work out. They could also end up pro bowlers they deffently have the talent and the coaching but its not a sure thing. Jeff Saturday is a top 5 center in the NFL but other then him you must be crossing your fingers and hoping that these young guys work out. The D lines in the AFC south are very good and that was my point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Those two brothers in Laurie's post scare me

Hey Harley when you think about it which is more frightening/disturbing...that photo or the Manning brothers Oreo licking competition commerical???!! *shudder* OMG, I'm so skeeved out right now....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

definitely the licking
     women shudder worldwide

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Underdogg all you just did was further my point, other then Jeff Saturday you do not have any proven guys on that Oline.You have some prospects and thats great but right now this year your O line is weak. I am not bashing on teh Colts, I am a D line coach I watch the D and the O line very closely and I am not saying you dont have talent along the O line I am just saying that other then Saturday you have no proven guys. Both your tackles could not work out and both your gaurds could not work out. They could also end up pro bowlers they deffently have the talent and the coaching but its not a sure thing. Jeff Saturday is a top 5 center in the NFL but other then him you must be crossing your fingers and hoping that these young guys work out. The D lines in the AFC south are very good and that was my point.
    Posted by MVPkilla

Really? 

I think you need to reread my post.  Saturday C - 10 yr starter with colts.  Lilja LG - 4 yr starter with colts (out last year due to injury).  Diem RT - 8 yr starter with the colts.  Ugoh 2yr starter LT with colts; Pollak 1 yr start RG.  Johnson 4 year rotational player started 16 games last year due to injury. 

Saturday, Lilja and Diem not only have plenty of experience, they have plenty of experience together. 

Ugoh is in his 3rd year, Pollak in his second.  Johnson in his 4th.

Now proven or not, the musical chairs line we had last year (that also had another rookie starting) gave up only 14 sacks all year for top 4 in the league. 

When I express concern for the colts line, it is of a relative nature.  The colts line has historically been one of the best units in the league.  They succeed as a unit, 5 individual pieces.  They don't require pro bowl accolades.  Their protection of Manning is plenty.  Howard Mudd is the best Oline coach in the league. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

definitely the licking  women shudder worldwide

Because those 2 guys have stood in the way of superbowls for the pats.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dead54. Show Dead54's posts

definitely the licking  women shudder worldwide

Can you blame them?

I'm not sure too many things are scarier than turning on a tv and seeing a closeup of eli licking his oreo while giving a very suggestive look at his brother.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

In Response to Re: manning sacked 3 times... : Two season ago they went 18-1. Went 11-5 with Cassel as their back-up.  How can you tell me the Pats don't scare teams anymore?
    Posted by bmartins16

I have to agree with bmartins16 on this one. The Patriots are going to be a force this year. Heck, even without Tom Brady, if the Patriots would have gotten into the playoffs last season, they would been tough to beat. Now that Brady is back, its not going to be fun for the opposing defense!  I think Peyton Manning is a fantastic QB, but if the Colts lose him, there's no way they go 11-5. The Steelers couldn't do it either if Ben goes down. Our running game has really gone down hill the past few years, and the offensive line would have given up twice the sacks if Ben wasn't in there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: manning sacked 3 times... : I have to agree with bmartins16 on this one. The Patriots are going to be a force this year. Heck, even without Tom Brady, if the Patriots would have gotten into the playoffs last season, they would been tough to beat. Now that Brady is back, its not going to be fun for the opposing defense!  I think Peyton Manning is a fantastic QB, but if the Colts lose him, there's no way they go 11-5. The Steelers couldn't do it either if Ben goes down. Our running game has really gone down hill the past few years, and the offensive line would have given up twice the sacks if Ben wasn't in there.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75

I am not going to completely disagree with this comment but rather pose a question to ponder.  Did anyone think the pats were going to go 11-5 last year with Cassell?  If you said yes, you are fooling yourself. 

The pats did also benefit from a weaker schedule last year which helped.  This is not to discount the pats but rather to ask the question - could the colts go 11-5 without Manning? 

If the planets were aligned properly like they were for the pats, then I think the answer is possibly.  The only thing we know for sure is that we don't know, because Manning has never missed a game. 

Project all you want.  Its only a guess.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

New staff, no more gun totin' Marvie Harrison, tough division. Could be an issue fir the Colts this year. They seem to always somehow get lucky and walk into the playoffs, but Houston is much better, as is Tenn along with an improved Jax.  At some point, it has to catch up to them.  
    Posted by russgriswold

Good post 7-9 seems in the card for these guys. Dungy knew something when he retired...team is going south.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Hi Bob (drink twice), 

Thanks for the prediction.  Got you down.  

Sections
Shortcuts