Manning to the Broncos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Manning to the Broncos

That is breaking news on ESPN:

Peyton Manning will become the next quarterback of the Denver Broncos, barring a snag during intensified contract negotiations that have commenced under the instruction of the four-time MVP to his agent Tom Condon, according to multiple sources.

Once the Manning deal becomes official, Denver will try to trade Tim Tebow, according to sources.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7709195/barring-snag-peyton-manning-picks-denver-broncos-sources-say

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

Re: Manning to the Broncos

In Response to Manning to the Broncos:
    [QUOTE]That is breaking news on ESPN: Peyton Manning will become the next quarterback of the Denver Broncos, barring a snag during intensified contract negotiations that have commenced under the instruction of the four-time MVP to his agent Tom Condon, according to multiple sources. Once the Manning deal becomes official, Denver will try to trade Tim Tebow, according to sources. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7709195/barring-snag-peyton-manning-picks-denver-broncos-sources-say
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Mojo, You type faster than I do...It seems we saw Cowherd @ the same time. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So Denver wins the stupid lottery.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

That's good, the games better with him in it. Now I guess we'll see how good he really is?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Great, then here comes weeks of Tebow to New England speculation.  Be prepared for Tebow at WR, TE and RB posts...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepatsbrady. Show nepatsbrady's posts

Looking forward to seeing Gomer in Foxboro this year. we already have a pretty good hate for the Broncos, this will add to it.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

DENVER coming to NE - Going to be fun, can't wait!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Just can't see him working out very well there. That team has a lot of holes. The weather is like a Yo-Yo there and Peyton is not used to that. Should be fun to watch though!

Oh Well...so much for my prediction he was Houston bound.....you would think even a blind Squirrel could find an accorn once in awhile!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wow, how could he pass up the Niners? Could he be holding out for the most money???

Reports say he wants 5 years 90 million and Denver was in that ball park.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

It mostly makes sense, although the offensive weaponery seems average at best and there will surely be a contingent of Bronco fans who are mad that Tebow is gone.

But Denver has a really good young Oline, some good young pieces on defense and they play in a perennially garbage division, so that all makes sense.  Plus I think the Elway factor is big for Peyton.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I called that months ago.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Manning to the Broncos:
    [QUOTE]Wow, how could he pass up the Niners? Could he be holding out for the most money??? Reports say he wants 5 years 90 million and Denver was in that ball park.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

I just don't understand that move at all. 

Niners loaded up at WR, TE, & RB. One of the best defenses in the NFL. Great tradition.

My only guess is that Denver gave him carte blanche to remake the offense in his image, and he didn't feel "comfortable" outside his "system," OR it was all about the money. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In other news, the Broncos are getting Jeff Saturday too... so maybe it was a package deal. Saturday calls out Manning's protection.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Just can't see him working out very well there. That team has a lot of holes. The weather is like a Yo-Yo there and Peyton is not used to that. Should be fun to watch though! Oh Well...so much for my prediction he was Houston bound.....you would think even a blind Squirrel could find an accorn once in awhile!
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of people have a pretty poor grasp on Denver weather.  The average temperature in November is in the mid 50's and if it is not snowing in December or January it is probably 45 and sunny.  300+ days of sun, it is essentially high desert.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Wow, when do Freeny and Mathis go F/A? They must feel like they got screwed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning to the Broncos : Ditto. I just don't understand that move at all.  Niners loaded up at WR, TE, & RB. One of the best defenses in the NFL. Great tradition. My only guess is that Denver gave him carte blanche to remake the offense in his image, and he didn't feel "comfortable" outside his "system," OR it was all about the money. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I really think Peyton looked at the fact that he has a 3 year window and that for the next 3 years the NFC projects to be a lot tougher than the AFC.  AFC west vs. NFC west is more or less a push but overall conference wise, the NFC is far deeper than the AFC right now.

The S.F. defense had to be appealing to Peyton but I'm not sure a career #3 WR and a 36 year old WR who was out of the NFL last year is necessarily "loading up".  It would be hilarious if the Niners now lost Smith to Miami.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

I now hate manning.  no respect left for this guy.  Tebow has enough stacked against him and you move right in and kick him out.

TEBOW TO JAX TO MJD = PLAYOFFS

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Go figure. He has to deal with the elements, but for the most part, the weather is milld, sunny, and the air is thin, meaning his passes will travel further.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Josh mcdaniels made this happpen. broncos fans should send him a fruit basket.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]I now hate manning.  no respect left for this guy.  Tebow has enough stacked against him and you move right in and kick him out. TEBOW TO JAX TO MJD = PLAYOFFS
    Posted by getdrunkstupit[/QUOTE]

Right, like it Peyton's responsibility to worry about Tebow's career.

Isn't the whole motto behind the Jesus thing, "The lord works in mysterious ways" or "it is all part of God's plan"?  So it must have been Jesus's plan for Peyton to go to Denver, no?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning to the Broncos : I think a lot of people have a pretty poor grasp on Denver weather.  The average temperature in November is in the mid 50's and if it is not snowing in December or January it is probably 45 and sunny.  300+ days of sun, it is essentially high desert.  
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to the new release of the movie; "Broke Neck Mountain". about an aging and injured (I can't quit you) Nfl QB that should have stayed home with his wife and kiddos.
    Hopefully, for their sake, it doesn't end in tragedy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning to the Broncos : Looking forward to the new release of the movie; "Broke Neck Mountain". about an aging and injured (I can't quit you) Nfl QB that should have stayed home with his wife and kiddos. Hopefully, for their sake, it doesn't end in tragedy.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Broke neck Mountain..... that is funny.  Cue to shot of Peyton holding a football, fighting back tears, "I wish I knew how to quit you".....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Elway it seems will make a shortly 36 yo QB (in less than a week) with a severe injury risk, close to the highest paid player in the NFL. Madness. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Elway it seems will make a shortly 36 yo QB (in less than a week) with a severe injury risk, close to the highest paid player in the NFL. Madness. 
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

You take a 1,000 swings in the dark and finally hit a home run. Good job buddy.

Sections
Shortcuts