Manning to the Broncos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Manning to the Broncos

In Response to Re: Manning to the Broncos:
    [QUOTE]Richard Seymour on Peyton Manning: “In all seriousness, our league is a better league with Peyton and we look forward to the opportunity to face a quarterback like Peyton,” Seymour said. “It provides a measuring stick for where you are as a defense to be the best — and to be the best, you have to beat the best.”
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Looks like they failed to do that last year.  Better hope he doesn't hit Payme too hard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

The fact Manning chose the Broncos to sabotage and selfishly go to the highest bidder is fine by me. I hate the Broncos. Always have.

How arrogant is this guy to think he's going to walk onto a new team with a 5 year deal at age 36, with a serious neck problem, play outdoors now, new system, etc, and just be the old Peyton Manning?

And play a Romeo Crennel defense 2x per year?  LOL

Asbolute disaster for DEever.  Will sink Elway as GM.  Bye-bye horseteeth Elway.

The Arizoneathing seemed so obvious. Dome, NFC West, quiet market, etc.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

2San Francisco4930308.13694230.9123677.322914.3
    14.3 ppg allowed and 77 rushing yards per game allowed. Manning has never sniffed a defense like that. SF and Manning was a perfect marriage, but he would have to compete with high expectations of himself, and we know how he has dealt with that in the past.... by pouting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]Richard Seymour on Peyton Manning: “In all seriousness, our league is a better league with Peyton and we look forward to the opportunity to face a quarterback like Peyton,” Seymour said. “It provides a measuring stick for where you are as a defense to be the best — and to be the best, you have to beat the best.”
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Seymour apparently is as delusional as Peyton Manning. Seymour makes 14 million per year and isn't worth that.  So, at least they each have something in common.

I can name at least 3 QBs better than Peyton Maning. Manning hasn't been "the best QB" in the NFL since 2008 or 2009, if that. Maybe even going back to 2006.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]  LOL Asbolute disaster for DEever.  Will sink Elway as GM.  Bye-bye horseteeth Elway.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Eh?  I imagine the Broncos have a decent amount of financial protection in that contract in the event that Manning's neck explodes.  They just won the division with Tim Tebow as QB.  Manning is a huge upgrade even if he plays at 50% of what he was before getting injured.  Not to mention signing Manning gives Elway a ton of leverage with the fanbase to ditch Tebow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Right.  Sweet comeback.  Game, set and match, me.

I'll bet you right now, Gomer doesn't get Denver into the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning to the Broncos : Seymour apparently is as delusional as Peyton Manning. Seymour makes 14 million per year and isn't worth that.  So, at least they each have something in common. I can name at least 3 QBs better than Peyton Maning. Manning hasn't been "the best QB" in the NFL since 2008 or 2009, if that. Maybe even going back to 2006.

09 - MVP, first team all-pro. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning to the Broncos : St patty's day has come and gone, but you're still green.  shame.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm Italian and that's pretty much the opposite of Irish and also pretty much the opposite of green.  More like LMAO @ a team paying that much green for a player that probably won't last a whole season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning to the Broncos : Eh?  I imagine the Broncos have a decent amount of financial protection in that contract in the event that Manning's neck explodes.  They just won the division with Tim Tebow as QB.  Manning is a huge upgrade even if he plays at 50% of what he was before getting injured.  Not to mention signing Manning gives Elway a ton of leverage with the fanbase to ditch Tebow.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Disagree.  Expect a worse version of Peyton Manning. He was fading in 2010. Rememeber all those heavy INT games?  Yep.  Then the injury.  Where does that leave Tebow's development if he's buried behind Gomer?  Elway will now want to deal Tebow.

Elway did this to rid himself of the Tebow Problem.  Whenever a team makes a desperation move, it's never a good, sound move.

IMO, every team but Arizona was making a mistake going after Manning. Seattle did well by choosing Flynn, Miami was dumb because they lost out across the board fiddling with themselves, SF just alienated their biggest investment in Alex Smith, who finally got a good OC there for once, and Tenn just told #8 overall pick Jake Locker "we don't believe in you".

DUMB

Basically Manning just pulled a Brett Favre.  Yep.

Selfish, big ego and delusional.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning to the Broncos : 09 - MVP, first team all-pro. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

That's what I said.  2009.

BUt, I feel Brees had the better season, which I have proven over and over with stats that dwarfed Manning;s in 2009. We've been down that road. Brees also beat him in the SB which further cemented the idea Brees was better in 2009 over Gomer.

Yep.

And that was THREE seasons ago.

Manning can't throw to his left well and he's going to take Denver to a SB?  Beyond laughable.  The second it snows in Denver, Gomer's neck will snap and that'll be it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning to the Broncos : 09 - MVP, first team all-pro. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with Rusty's take on the Manning signing, but you can make a pretty good case that he shouldn't have won the MVP that year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Peyton Manning will never be what he was. He'll be good, but not what he was, especially this coming season. Denver paid WAY too much.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]Peyton Manning will never be what he was. He'll be good, but not what he was, especially this coming season. Denver paid WAY too much.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If they had a legit, top notch RB like a Ray Rice type and they were closer to a SB run and not so young in some spots and old in others (L and DBs), I'd say "go for it".

But, they'e not there yet. That was a team that got hot because of this Tebow Mania crap. Nice job, but they're fundamentally, personell wise, YEARS away.

Gomer doesn't have years.

Add in KC's rapid ascent and loaded team, SD will still hang around for sure and Oakland geting their best QB there since Rich Gannon, and Gomer Manning won't be as good as he thinks.

This was all about money. That;s it. The media is completely disingenous. We're talking about a QB who sabotaged his team's cap positioin for years and now he chooses Denver because there is a "comfort level" with Elway?

Please.

The media loves to protect ol' Gomie.  If Arizona had the most money, he'd be there.

If Miami had the most, he;d be there. And so on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning to the Broncos : Expecting SF to get 13 wins with PM is unrealistic? I disagree. They have built a very good team out west that can win without a top tier QB talent. Add receiving options and one of the best QB's of all time and you are pretty good.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

GB, NYG, NO, CHI, DET, NE on the schedule next year, yeah I think 13 wins is stretch.  Like I said, everything fell right for them last year, that won't happen again and they aren't sneaking up on anyone next year, and definitely not if they had signed Peyton.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning to the Broncos : Disagree.  Expect a worse version of Peyton Manning. He was fading in 2010. Rememeber all those heavy INT games?  Yep.  Then the injury.  Where does that leave Tebow's development if he's buried behind Gomer?  Elway will now want to deal Tebow. Elway did this to rid himself of the Tebow Problem.  Whenever a team makes a desperation move, it's never a good, sound move. IMO, every team but Arizona was making a mistake going after Manning. Seattle did well by choosing Flynn, Miami was dumb because they lost out across the board fiddling with themselves, SF just alienated their biggest investment in Alex Smith, who finally got a good OC there for once, and Tenn just told #8 overall pick Jake Locker "we don't believe in you". DUMB Basically Manning just pulled a Brett Favre.  Yep. Selfish, big ego and delusional.

I don't disagree that Manning's best days are behind him, but when your starting QB going into next season is Tim Tebow you have to go for it imo.  They just made the playoffs and I still think worse case scenario that a less effective Manning brings more to the table than Tebow.  If Manning suffers a career ending injury I imagine the Broncos have something in the contract to keep them off the hook for a sizable portion of their financial commitment.  Elway just got rid of his biggest roadblock to rebuilding the franchise (Tebow) while simultaneously getting a first ballot hall of famer who at the very least should be better than what they had.  I really don't see how this was that stupid of a move for them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Again, disagree. Read my above post.  Denver isn't as close as they think.  They've drafted poorly after acquiring a boatload of picks via McDaniels's fleecing of people like Jerry Angelo (Cutler trade) and Bill Parcells (Marshall trade). But, the picks were bad, Tebow included.

Who do you think is better in that division? You think Denver is going to win more than 9 games next year and win that division?

SD is still better and KC is ready to explode.   Also, when has Manning ever played well against a Romeo Crennel defense? That's like 2 losses per year right there.

They best have an all word LT to protect his blind side. That one hit, that one hit, sets them back a decade.

If Manning was so healthy, why didn't Indy activate his contract and then trade him?

So, which is it?  Also, by doing this, you just totally isolated Tebow.  You have to trade Tebow, so the Manning experiment has to work.  Don't be so sure this means they even make the playoffs.  KC or SD will win that division.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning to the Broncos : GB, NYG, NO, CHI, DET, NE on the schedule next year, yeah I think 13 wins is stretch.  Like I said, everything fell right for them last year, that won't happen again and they aren't sneaking up on anyone next year, and definitely not if they had signed Peyton.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

So you are suggesting that signing one of the best regular season QB's in the history of the game will be a detriment to the team because they will have a target on their backs as opposed to last year?

I gotta disagree with your premise here broski.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning to the Broncos : GB, NYG, NO, CHI, DET, NE on the schedule next year, yeah I think 13 wins is stretch.  Like I said, everything fell right for them last year, that won't happen again and they aren't sneaking up on anyone next year, and definitely not if they had signed Peyton.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Agree with the idea Manning would have been dumb, because they don't have the money. They would had to have cut key players who wouldn't have restructured.

Now, they've really blown it because they just islated their 7 year, 100 million dolllar, developed QB who had his team in the SB last year barring two STs fumbles by a rookie kick returner.

Smith had no WRs past Crabtree.  Now he would with Moss and Manningham, but now they blow it?

DUMB

Agree on their schedule and the target on SF's back, too.  They'll be very good again, but maybe not the 13-3.  More like a 12-4 or 11-5, which should be good enough for the division again. Of course, this depends on their QB thing. If they ticked off Smith enough, they really blew it.

Huge mistake going on wanting Manning even if it was most likely to also drive price on Arizona.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

^ Smith couldn't make 1 play in the NFC championship, yes lack of play making talent but he was the definition of a game manager. To suggest that Manning would not make them better doesn't make sense.

Now in terms of money I agree with you Russ. 90 million for a pencil neck? That doesn't make sense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE] Now in terms of money I agree with you Russ. 90 million for a pencil neck? That doesn't make sense.

What matters is how much is guaranteed and how much if any of that guarantee they can recoup if his neck ends his career imo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Good point pcm. Lets wait and see, although I have a feeling a big portion will be guaranteed money. i almost think Peyton is going where the money is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]^ Smith couldn't make 1 play in the NFC championship, yes lack of play making talent but he was the definition of a game manager. To suggest that Manning would not make them better doesn't make sense. Now in terms of money I agree with you Russ. 90 million for a pencil neck? That doesn't make sense.

Umm, did you see our QB not make plays agaisnt the Giants in the SB?  Eli Manning couldn't make one play either, apaprently, because barring two STs fumbles, Eli Maning did less than Alex Smith.

Not a very good argument, bro. They finally got stability with the best OC for him there in his career and he had a 2:1 TD/INT ratio without really any targets beyond Crabtree and Vernon Davis.

Good game manager, clear difference in his game from previous seasons. Why spend all that money and use all that patience and throw it away now?

DUMB

Smith now has MAJOR leverage now using Miami to up his price with SF. SF basically now has to cave in. When that happens, expect them to make some cuts they don't want to make.

Bad decision by their GM. Not every QB will be a Rodgers and you don't have to have a ROdgers to win a SB.  Stafford has emerged, Smith just needed more weapons. Eli Manning now has 2 rings and not many really consider him in the Peyton or Brady level.    You need a game manager and stability in a system with weapons in this league. Smith now has that/or had it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I watched our QB complete 16 straight passes for 2 tds in back to back drives despite our O.C telegraphing our entire offense, also before being drilled by Tuck and re-injuring his shoulder. The injury was due to our offense's predictability which you have somehow convinced yourself is our QB's fault.

Jimmy got the best out of Smith but Smith cannot make the throws Manning can. Therefore Manning would be an upgrade to Smith. If you don't agree with that then I can't help you my man.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

No dome, no receivers, cold windy weather.....should be interesting

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning to the Broncos : So you are suggesting that signing one of the best regular season QB's in the history of the game will be a detriment to the team because they will have a target on their backs as opposed to last year? I gotta disagree with your premise here broski.

I never said it would have been a detriment to their team, I was responding to the Peter King article that suggested Manning didn't want SF b/c of "Super Bowl or Bust expectations".   Maybe Peyton didn't want to go to a team that had over acheived the previous season, that plays in the far deeper conference, and that has Super Bowl or Bust expectations.

I say regardless of who their QB is, SF will not duplicate a 13-3 season, where seemingly everything falls right for them.  And if you think teams won't be more ready for SF next year than they were last year, when SF was coming off a decade of 6-8 wins, you are wrong.