Manning vs Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Manning vs Brady

Watch how the idiots at ESPN say Peyton is the better QB, after the Colts fall apart this season. Pats went 11-5 with Casell, Steelers did well winning 3 out of4 without Big Ben. Instead of realizing that the Pats and Steelers are a better run organization, they instead will tell us how Peyton is irreplaceable and the best QB ever. Just Wait

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Manning vs Brady

He is irreplaceable to the Colts.  I prefer Brady, but there is no doubting that Manning was an all-time top-10 QB.  The Colts are in huge trouble w/o him, with his contract hurting their cap, no suitable back-up, and a generally degenerating team. I suspect they will go the way of the Rams post-Kurt Warner.

Collins is old and unfamiliar with the system.  I feel sorry for him.

And yes, we will have to endure teary-eyed pundits waxing poetic about Mannings' legacy for a while, ad nauseum.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Hes been the best of the last decade and maybe ever 44.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Theyre both all time greats. The two best of their generation.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady:
    Hes been arguably the best of the last decade and maybe ever 44.
    Posted by UD6

Come on Dogg, you know this is an opinion

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

Hes been the best of the last decade and maybe ever 44

YA RIGHT RETARDO, if he was so dam good he would have collected rings like montana, bradshaw, aikman, and of course BRADY, if he was so dam good he wouldnt have thrown a pick 6 in SB 44, that cost them another one, he is just another favre, marino, those 3 combined only have 2 rings COMBINED, just another stat horror just like favre and marino, if he was so dam good, he wouldnt have a postseason record of 9-10, and 7 times one and done, if he was so great he would have post season stats like montana (4sb's 11 td's and 0 int's) or he would have bradys numbers (14-5 3 rings in 4 years) bottom line manning "chokes" in pressure situations and the money games, hope ol gomer was worth 200 million for 1 SB title, colts are a wanna be dynasty, they want more than 1, they want back to back, but the so called great one cant get it done underputz!!!!!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Do you guys all sleep with a Fathead Brady on your walls? WOW.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I love how the Manning hype machine at Sony has brainwashed football fans into thinking the Colts are the Detroit Lions without Manning.  Fact is that the Colts have had an excellent defense and run game all decade, it was Manning that choked away all their playoff losses, and it was the Colts' defense and ground game that won their only Super Bowl. 

Can't wait to see everyone's reaction this year when the Colts do better without him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

They're both really good.  They're both going to the Hall of Fame.  Both are rich.  Both have hot wives.  If I was gay, I would say Tom is better looking.  But I'm not gay so I won't say that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

He is not now nor has he ever been better then Tom Brady. The fact that his team cant stay above water with out him at the helm does not make him the most needed player in the league even though I agree he is, but its not cause of him. Its cause his team refused to draft a back up to groom. If they had a suitable back up they would compete with out him and then that whole line of thinking would go away but the fact is with out him they will maybe win 1 or 2 games and thats not because he cant be replaced its because they dont know how to build a team.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

So is the QB and not the system, or is it the system and not the QB? You cannot have it both ways. Manning is a great QB, possibly a better QB than Brady over the years because he defined the Colts, take him away and they are not as good.

Take Brady away and Cassell still put up good numbers in the system. Fluffers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Tom Brady         Peyton Manning    ">

Playoff Record:                          14-3                  7-8

Playoff TD-INT:                          26-12               22-17

Playoff Passer Rating:                  93.4                 84.6

Super Bowl Record:                    3-1                  1-0

Super Bowl TD-INT:                     7-1                  1-1

Super Bowl Passer Rating:              99.88              81.80

Super Bowl MVP’s:                          2                     1

OK Colts fans argue this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

The Colts still have a better QB than Seattle, Cincinnati, Washington, Jacksonville, and Carolina. The Colts probably are too good to get Luck, but they could have a shot at Lance Jones or Matt Barkley.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

They're both really good.  They're both going to the Hall of Fame.  Both are rich.  Both have hot wives.  If I was gay, I would say Tom is better looking.  But I'm not gay so I won't say that.
    Posted by MarcW1

You just did Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Hes been the best of the last decade and maybe ever 44 YA RIGHT RETARDO, if he was so dam good he would have collected rings like montana, bradshaw, aikman, and of course BRADY, if he was so dam good he wouldnt have thrown a pick 6 in SB 44, that cost them another one, he is just another favre, marino, those 3 combined only have 2 rings COMBINED, just another stat horror just like favre and marino, if he was so dam good, he wouldnt have a postseason record of 9-10, and 7 times one and done, if he was so great he would have post season stats like montana (4sb's 11 td's and 0 int's) or he would have bradys numbers (14-5 3 rings in 4 years) bottom line manning "chokes" in pressure situations and the money games, hope ol gomer was worth 200 million for 1 SB title, colts are a wanna be dynasty, they want more than 1, they want back to back, but the so called great one cant get it done underputz!!!!!! 
    Posted by brady-is-clutch

ah the fallacy. 

Rings are team related.  Manning never played defense or special teams.  Manning's kicker missed two clutch kicks in different playoff games that could have won or extended those games.  Did that ever happen to Brady?  Did Brady's coach ever call timeout with a 2 point lead and the opposition driving with less than a minute to go giving the opposition the ability to hold on to their last timeout and enough time to figure out a play that might put them in FG range? 

Manning's had to overcome things Brady's never had to consider.  Sure Brady's got the rings, but he would have floundered in Indy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

colts games might actually be watchable this year without hearing "omhaha!!! OHAMAAAAA!!" every funking snap

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Colts just went from 11-5/10-6 to 8-8/7-9.

I am so glad that Jacksonville (somehow I don't think this was del rio's call) is inept enough to let Garrard go when they really had a chance in the division.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Brady         Manning   

Playoff Record:                       14-3                  7-8        tm record

Playoff TD-INT:                      26-12               22-17       incorrect

Playoff Passer Rating:              93.4                 84.6         incorrect

Super Bowl Record:                 3-1                  1-0          tm record 

Super Bowl TD-INT:                7-1                  1-1          incorrect

Super Bowl Passer Rating:        99.88              81.80       incorrect

Super Bowl MVP’s:                    2                     1

OK Colts fans argue this.

Brady's playoff passer rtg is 85.7.  Manning's 88.4.  Playoff TD-INT Brady 30-16, Manning 29-19. 
    The SB passer rating is incorrect b/c you are using only one of Manning's SB's. 

Manning 4x MVP,  Brady 2x MVP
    Manning 5x 1st team All Pro 3x 2nd team All Pro, Brady 2x 1st team All Pro, 1x 2nd team All Pro
    NFL Network all-time best players - Manning ranked higher than Brady. 
    ESPN's QBR rating - Manning highest of past 3 years. 

Brady's great - One of the best, and the best game manager.  Manning's never had the luxury of being just that.  He's had to overcome his team's failures in the running game, on defense, special teams, and coaching.  Brady had legendary defenses, clutch kickers, and a better overall running game.  In the last 2 years when Brady had to carry the team, he was one and done. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I love how the Manning hype machine at Sony has brainwashed football fans into thinking the Colts are the Detroit Lions without Manning.  Fact is that the Colts have had an excellent defense and run game all decade, it was Manning that choked away all their playoff losses, and it was the Colts' defense and ground game that won their only Super Bowl.  Can't wait to see everyone's reaction this year when the Colts do better without him.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Not sure they'll do better without him, but I'm mostly with you.  The Colts have plenty of other talent and I don't expect them to fall off the cliff as most people do.
    I expect to see them at 10-6 or better, depending on if/when Manning returns.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Tas - I think the Titans are going to have issues with an entirely new staff and hasselback (injury prone) at QB. 

I think the colts finish 2nd, and have a fighting chance at the division if the texans stumble and the colts d steps up.  I see the colts at 7-9 - 8-8 otherwise. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

Tom Brady         Peyton Manning    " /> Playoff Record:                          14-3                  7-8 Playoff TD-INT:                          26-12               22-17 Playoff Passer Rating:                  93.4                 84.6 Super Bowl Record:                    3-1                  1-0 Super Bowl TD-INT:                     7-1                  1-1 Super Bowl Passer Rating:              99.88              81.80 Super Bowl MVP’s:                          2                     1 OK Colts fans argue this.
    Posted by patriots44

and you can make the point manning plays inside, and has always had way better offensive weapons than brady ever had when he won those 3 superbowls. its not even close, tb 12 is by far the greatest qb in this decade and add another ring its not even arguable, he will go down as the greatest ever.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

Brady         Manning    Playoff Record:                       14-3                  7-8         tm record Playoff TD-INT:                      26-12               22-17        incorrect Playoff Passer Rating:              93.4                 84.6         incorrect Super Bowl Record:                 3-1                  1-0           tm record  Super Bowl TD-INT:                7-1                  1-1          incorrect Super Bowl Passer Rating:        99.88              81.80       incorrect Super Bowl MVP’s:                    2                     1 OK Colts fans argue this. Brady's playoff passer rtg is 85.7.  Manning's 88.4.  Playoff TD-INT Brady 30-16, Manning 29-19.  The SB passer rating is incorrect b/c you are using only one of Manning's SB's.  Manning 4x MVP,  Brady 2x MVP Manning 5x 1st team All Pro 3x 2nd team All Pro, Brady 2x 1st team All Pro, 1x 2nd team All Pro NFL Network all-time best players - Manning ranked higher than Brady.  ESPN's QBR rating - Manning highest of past 3 years.  Brady's great - One of the best, and the best game manager.  Manning's never had the luxury of being just that.  He's had to overcome his team's failures in the running game, on defense, special teams, and coaching.  Brady had legendary defenses, clutch kickers, and a better overall running game.  In the last 2 years when Brady had to carry the team, he was one and done. 
    Posted by UD6

Do I have to talk about playing indoors vs playing outside for the playoff games? You think that has anything to do with the QB ratings, OR should I give you those numbers AGAIN?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

funny thing is when moss landed in new england brady showed the entire nation what his entire career would have been like with a deep threat. breaking records with ease. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

You know...as much as I can't "appreciate" UD6's trollification of this discussion page, I must admit to wanting to give him a huge pass right now...I mean if I was hearing this about Brady I'd be so bummed I'd be saying all kinds of nutty, angry stuff ...I mean it's not like Ol' Crag Face No Neck isn't a truly great QB, ONE OF THE BEST OF ALL TIME...HE is THAT FRANCHISE (opps, caps, sorry), and whenever the game looses a great , even for half a season, the whole game is the lesser for it...

Crag, just do what's right for your family.....the franchise will be there well after you leave.....they just might have to move to LA in the middle of the night to make it, but that's not on you!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssmilloy36. Show ssmilloy36's posts

that 'legendary' defence sure ranked pretty horribly.  keep searching. 

Sections
Shortcuts