Manning vs Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Re: Manning vs Brady

All this comes down to the simple stats vs rings. Manning has the stats Brady has the rings. Brady prefers rings. Has anyone ever asked Manning which one he'd prefer?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : UD6, its obvious you have a weak mind, but at least follow the trend of the discussion. Would you say Brady is better than Manning if Brady had mannings records and manning had Bradys records. Its a very simple question that requires little imagination with your kind of thought process.
    Posted by achie[/QUOTE]

A weak mind?  I'd say the weak mind is the one that wishes to deal in unreal hypotheticals, but that's just me.  Why speculate on something that will never happen when the discussion can be based on things that actually have?  

Finally lets not debate using questions.  Make your argument, and then I will respond.  I have gone on record as saying that team records cannot be fully applied to the greatness of individual players.  If that were the case then everyone would say Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino because his team won a superbowl, but we all know that is not the case.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

like i said before, bradys stats are amazing considering who he had to throw the ball too, it was evident when brady had moss, he broke records with ease, broke mannings record with ease, playing outside too. this isnt even arguable, tb 12 is the better qb, did more with less his entire career, has the rings, doesnt choke, and was never gifted 2mvps like manning.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brady has better numbers indoors than Manning.

Brady has better numbers outdoors than Manning.

Manning had pro-bowl caliber weapons most of the time.

Brady had average weapons most of the time.

Manning's good playoff numbers come from beating up on wildcard teams.

Brady's come from winning the AFC and Super Bowls.

Manning's playoff record is that of an average QB.

Brady's is one of the best playoff records of all-time

Manning throws a pick six in the waning minutes of a SB.

Brady moves the team to a go ahead score 4 of 4 times in the waning moments of 4 SBs.

Brady's W/L record is significantly better than Manning's.

Despite all this, sports writers vote for Manning more often than Brady.

No contest. Brady wins, unless you're an idiot or have an axe to grind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : A weak mind?  I'd say the weak mind is the one that wishes to deal in unreal hypotheticals, but that's just me.  Why speculate on something that will never happen when the discussion can be based on things that actually have?   Finally lets not debate using questions.  Make your argument, and then I will respond.  I have gone on record as saying that team records cannot be fully applied to the greatness of individual players.  If that were the case then everyone would say Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino because his team won a superbowl, but we all know that is not the case.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Sorry UD6, but you do have a weak mind and/or you are just plainly jealous or irrational in you adulation of Manning. The only bases one argues for one Qb against another Qb is STATS. So Manning tells you folks in Indie that he plays for the regular season STATS and not the SB? You resort to stats when it supports your point (dilfer vs marino), but dismisses stats when it doesnt support your point (brady Vrs Manning). Thats plainly irrational.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

It's weird, I seem to recall their peers voting Brady the best in the NFL only a few short months ago. Even Darelle Revis called him the "best ever".

Yet you keep pointing to the ranking done by journalists one year earlier...after Brady's first year back from his knee being shredded. Would you say Favre is better then Brady? Because they did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE] If I was gay, I would say Tom is better looking.  But I'm not gay so I won't say that.
    Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]

Pay attention, boys and girls.

This is the kind of material that wins Posties!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]UD6 like all colts fans are a very funny bunch.  They like to talk about Records-Mannings records, but the moment you throw our brady's records including superbowls........."oh no, brady's records are team record, but Mannings records are his personal records. Are you guys insane? Which record in footbal is not team related? Does manning throw to himself? Does he play on the offensive line. Does he tackle anyone or anything? Neither QB does. It is reasonale to claim that under stressful game conditions, the QB that mostly comes through is the better QB. And its Tom. Very simple. If records were switched and manning and his teams were to have brady and his teams' records and vice versa, will you bunch still say brady is better? I bet not.
    Posted by achie[/QUOTE]

This isn't just Colts fan, achie.

Having been force-fed what I believe to be more than my (or anyone's) fair share of Brett Favre over the years (particularly recently), and it's funny to talk to Packers of Vikings fan who will point to his incredible yardage and touchdown totals and, when you say, "Yeah . . .  but he also threw more interceptions than anyone else in the history of ever," they will look you straight in the eye and say, "Well, that's just because of his longevity."

It's pretty funny.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]So what if this was pouting's last hurrah. Who will be TB's new QB nemesis?   I can't see another version of the Manning Vs. Brady thing ever happening for a long time.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

That's going to depend on whether or not somebody (Josh Freeman? Sam Bradford?) steps up in the NFC to challenge Erin Rodgers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

achie - I've provided the stats of Manning vs. Brady. 

did you know that Manning has better passer rating than Brady in the POSTSEASON?

The stat that pats fans will cling to is postseason record which is a team stat.  You want to supply all of the glory to Brady for these numbers but give no credit to the likes of Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Vrabel, Bruschi, Phifer, Washington, Law, Samuel, Harrison, Milloy, Vinatieri, etc.  Seems really really short sighted to me. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Did you ever hear the one about how figures lie and liars figure?

Now quick . . .

Who can tell me what Hermm Edwards says about why you play?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I bet Sony and the NFL will conspire to sabotage the Colts' record this year just to glorify Manning even more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Yes Mighty Yes!!!

Yes!  That is what will happen!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]"You are the height of arrogance" lol Just go to a Colts board and talk football with your fellow geeks already. Jesus Christ.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss underdogg(gggg)'s claim that there is no intelligent football discussion among his neighbors. I had the . . .   ummm  . . .   pleasure? . . .  of calling greater Indianapolis home for more than a year back in my wild misspent youth, and I can tell you that, while I certainly had me a rollicking good time there -- another discussion for another time -- it was not what I would have considered an intellectual hotbed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss underdogg(gggg)'s claim that there is no intelligent football discussion among his neighbors. I had the . . .   ummm  . . .   pleasure? of calling greater Indianapolis home for more than a year back in my wild misspent youth, and I can tell you that, while I certainly had me a rollicking good time there -- another discussion for another time -- it was not what I would have considered an intellectual hotbed.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

p-mike - quite a bit has happened to the city since the 60's.

But you know what is funny?  Conventional wisdom says that Boston is an intellectual hotbed, but no one could ever be convinced of that on this board. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : p-mike - quite a bit has happened to the city since the 60's. But you know what is funny?  Conventional wisdom says that Boston is an intellectual hotbed, but no one could ever be convinced of that on this board. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Well . . .  it was the '90s, if that makes a difference, and I can't help but wonder -- inasmuch as I was trying to defend you -- that if you're so disdainful of the intellectual quality of the board . . .

why are you here?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : Well . . .  it was the '90s, if that makes a difference, and I can't help but wonder -- inasmuch as I was trying to defend you -- that if you're so disdainful of the intellectual quality of the board . . . why are you here?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    Well I don't think I've ever really indicated that I am all that smart.  By Rusty's standards, I am a genius, TP too, but in reality when swiped (city included), I swipe back. 

I've got to admit - Other than wishing for elevation changes - I love it here. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : No, no, it's not.  Its insecurity also shows up, just 3 hours from Chicago as well. Purdue is the only thing they have going for it on an intellectual level and that's about 45 minutes from the Illinois border. lol
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    You are so funny.  20 miles east and you are 65 miles from both borders.  I wouldn't quickly dismiss the intellectual capacity among a few in Bloomington. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : A weak mind?  I'd say the weak mind is the one that wishes to deal in unreal hypotheticals, but that's just me.  Why speculate on something that will never happen when the discussion can be based on things that actually have?   Finally lets not debate using questions.  Make your argument, and then I will respond.  I have gone on record as saying that team records cannot be fully applied to the greatness of individual players.  If that were the case then everyone would say Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino because his team won a superbowl, but we all know that is not the case.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

What a typical cowardly response.  Can't answer a simple question because in so doing honestly you're argument with respect to who's better would fall like the house of cards your logic lives in.  That's why you have no credibility here - you stir the pot and when faced with a logical retort you backtrack, spin, etc. I understand you favoring your QB, but the question asked of you was plain and simple, and you tucked intellectual tail and ran.  What a child!  Your folks must be really proud.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : Well I don't think I've ever really indicated that I am all that smart.  By Rusty's standards, I am a genius, TP too, but in reality when swiped (city included), I swipe back.  I've got to admit - Other than wishing for elevation changes - I love it here. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

You are a genious by nobody's standards.  You're inability to debate with any semblence of intellectual acuity is laughable.  You come on this site constantly, just to stir the post - get schooled in every topic in which you decide to interject - when backed into a corner, you just resort to the same old tired tripe.  You were asked point blank (paraphrased) if TB had PM's stats and vice versa, would you still consider PM the better QB.  A simple, easy question that the typical high-schooler could understand.  Yet, you cowardly backpeddled faster then a professional bicyclist on a steroid/HGH cocktail.  You love it here because no one will pay you any attention anywhere else (like an Indy board).  I wouldn't be suprised if you weren't even an Indy or PM fan.  Just a lonely guy with social acceptance problems looking, or rather, reaching out into cyberspace for someone to acknowledge your pitiful existance.  You irritate most here, including me, but I think I'll just elect to pity you because you really are a sad child.