Manning vs Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Manning vs Brady

In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : LOL - are you changing your argument again?  I demonstrate that Manning's had good games against some of the best D's in the NFL in wildcard games and you come back with "well the team is not as good".  Doesn't matter.  If the D is great and manning is good to great against that D, then I don't care what round of the playoffs the game is played.  Did you know that since Brady started playing that 4 wildcard round teams have won the SB.  Doesn't really fit your argument, does it?   If you stretch this far enough, you might make something stick.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

7 times wild card teams have won the Super Bowl; 39 times they haven't.

Care to try another spin since this one didn't work?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : Yeah UD6 has the same old "Manning has more votes from writers" shtick going on. And Rogers will certainly be in the discussion with a couple of more big years under his belt. He is the heir apparent to Brady/Manning.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

As I mentioned in another thread, you have to cut a little slack to "The Dog(gggg)", a/k/a UD6. He's going through a tough time dealing with the loss of his hero for this season, and, I believe, beyond.

There are five stages that a person goes through when dealing with the loss of a loved one:

1.) Denial: By his posts in this thread, he is acting as if Manning is healthy, and ready for the upcoming season. Of course, we all know better;

2.) Anger: We have seen this is several of his posts, in which he's mindlessly lashed out at other posters...myself included;

3.) Bargaining: "The Dog(gggg)" hasn't gotten here yet...he's stuck somewhere between denial and anger; 

4.) Depression: If his posts greatly diminish in the upcoming months, it's a good bet that he's in this stage;

5.) Acceptance: Hopefully, by the end of November, he will have come to terms with what has happened to his hero.

Guys...let's show some compassion, and help our canine friend get through these trying times.  

LOL!!!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : Brady Tuck rule game - 70 rating - win. 01 v Pitt - 84 rtg, but didn't finish game.  Managed when he played. win. 06 v SD - 3 ints - team won 07 v SD - 3 ints - team won A better question would be - how many times did the team lose when Brady played well.  maybe never.  Where Manning is regarded, he's had 4 playoff games with PR's over 90 where the team lost. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Actually, forgot about the 1st SD game.  But in all fairness, the Pats offense was going up and down the field against SD in 07, Cromartie had a huge game that day.  Also Brady and Rivers were playing on a busted foot/ankles.  Everyone here remembers after the SB loss that Brady was seen wearing a boot cast.

For playing good when the Pats lost, hmmmm, the Giants, the Colts/Refs, and the Jets (there were about 6 passes dropped).   Now, the Brady's Pats have lost in the playoffs 5 times, there are 3 of them. 

As for the "Tuck rule game", do you forget that game was played in a snow storm, you HAVE seen them before, right?  Oh wait, doesnt snow in a dome!  What is Mannings rating in a snow storm?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Lets face it, two of the top five QBs ever. You pick first and I will take the other guy and be VERY HAPPY.

Always wondered how much we would have loved Manning here and playing for BB. Hard to imagine us not loving the guy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : 7 times wild card teams have won the Super Bowl; 39 times they haven't. Care to try another spin since this one didn't work?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

More irrelevance.   Do we care what the records are before Brady played in the NFL or only after it?  After it is what matters.  4 wild cards have won the superbowl since 2001.  Relevant.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In the end Brady wins. 3 SBs to 1 SB, Pouting will never touch the 50 TD mark.

Total throwing yards really don't mean much unless they are backed with the SB trophy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Why do you guys continue to take UD6, a/k/a "The Dog(gggg)", seriously? He's a proven liar, never gives a straight answer to a question, constantly misrepresents what others say, and misdirects (by his own admission) discussions, when it becomes clear that he's losing the debate.

Furthermore, as I've mentioned in previous posts, where's your compassion? Y'all know what a difficult time "The Dog(gggg) is currently going through, trying to cope with the loss of a loved one...his God, and hero, Peyton Manning.     Currently, he's wavering in the wasteland between the first two stages of grief, Denial and Anger. 

Gentleman...let's cut our canine friend a little slack, shall we?? By showing him some compassion, perhaps he'll avoid another trip to the psyche ward, learn to come to terms with the loss of Peyton, and go on to live a normal, well adjusted life. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]    Currently, he's wavering in the wasteland between the first two stages of grief, Denial and Anger.       Gentleman...let's cut our canine friend a little slack, shall we?? By showing him some compassion, perhaps he'll avoid another trip to the psyche ward, learn to come to terms with the loss of Peyton, and go on to live a normal, well adjusted life.    
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]     Why do you guys continue to take UD6, a/k/a "The Dog(gggg)", seriously? He's a proven liar, never gives a straight answer to a question, constantly misrepresents what others say, and misdirects (by his own admission) discussions, when it becomes clear that he's losing the debate.      Furthermore, as I've mentioned in previous posts, where's your compassion? Y'all know what a difficult time "The Dog(gggg) is currently going through, trying to cope with the loss of a loved one...his God, and hero, Peyton Manning.     Currently, he's wavering in the wasteland between the first two stages of grief, Denial and Anger.       Gentleman...let's cut our canine friend a little slack, shall we?? By showing him some compassion, perhaps he'll avoid another trip to the psyche ward, learn to come to terms with the loss of Peyton, and go on to live a normal, well adjusted life.    
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    your stew sucks, TP. You need a bigger spoon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : your stew sucks, TP. You need a bigger spoon.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Yawn...Didn't you just make a similiar comment on the other Manning thread?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Yep - it was in response to him simply posting the exact same thing on the other thread.  If he can't be original from thread to thread, not sure why I am held to a different standard. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : More irrelevance.   Do we care what the records are before Brady played in the NFL or only after it?  After it is what matters.  4 wild cards have won the superbowl since 2001.  Relevant.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Wrong, actually only 3 teams have won the SB from a wildcard start since 2001.

That's 3 out of 40 wild card teams in that time. That pretty much blows to hell your feeble defense against the fact that Gomer has most of his playoff numbers against wildcard teams.

What shows that you are nothing more than a low grade spin artist on this issue is the fact that 2 of the 3 teams that you tout as SB winners that were also wild cards are from the NFC so he could have only faced them in the SB, which he didn't.

Fact is none of his 7 wild card games were against a team that went on to win the SB. He lost to the Steelers who were a wild card team and went on to win the SB. That's one playoff game that fits your spin and it wasn't in the wildcard round where he has his big numbers.

Your attempts to spin this discussion are even more egregious than king's are on a Hoodie discussion. It is pure unadulterated homer BS.`

And yet again, this is why you can't be taken seriously about this topic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Babe - wildcard round teams.  That was your argument and that was what I said.  Don't try to twist it.  Go back and see the original comment to which you responded.  Don't try to intentionally mistake my comments in an attempt to discredit the point. 

Since 2001 4 wildcard round teams have won the superbowl.  That's 40%, and that my friend is a relevant trend.  Guess what, another WC rd team lost the superbowl in that time. 

in 50% of the superbowls of the last 10 years, a WC rd team has been in the SB.  Your distracting attempts are petty and poorly considered.  Calling me a spinner while you try to inject irrelevance into the argument is the height of hypocrisy. 

I thought you were better than that.  You are no different than TP. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey UD, give it up!  I understand your love for Manning and your feelings for him as the #1 QB of all time being the loyla Colts fan that you are.  The constant spinning of facts is nauseating.  You will not change any Pats' fans opinions here as they will not change yours.  Such a waste of good posting space!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : Yawn...Didn't you just make a similiar comment on the other Manning thread?
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

After reading his last post, I would say that our canine friend has progressed to the "Anger" stage.

After watching the Texans bulldoze his Peytonless Ponies...even a knucklehead like "The Dog(gggg)" can no longer be in the Denial stage.

LOL!!!  

Sections
Shortcuts