Manning vs Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

Re: Manning vs Brady

In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : p-mike - quite a bit has happened to the city since the 60's. But you know what is funny?  Conventional wisdom says that Boston is an intellectual hotbed, but no one could ever be convinced of that on this board. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Why?  Is it because most people here don't agree with your opinions?  Being someone who fancies himself as being an intellect, shouldn't you be able to figure this out?

Besides, what makes you think all Pats fans live in Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Manning with STATS = Successful Colts..  Manning without STATS = no Colts Success.
    Brady with or without stats = Patriots Success.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : not if it ended the game or if the opposition took the ball and scored on the next possession, which is exactly what happened in both situations.  But listen, you keep working on those scenarios until you can finally say "I got one".

I’m assuming you’re talking about the Steelers playoff game against the Colts.  

Let me refresh your memory about that last Colts drive…Pittsburgh fumbled and Colts ran it back to midfield with plenty of time left.  On a regular season, non-meaningful game, Manning probably would’ve constantly chucked the ball till they got a TD.  But this is the playoffs, the show Manning is not exactly known to excel in.

He could only muster enough yards for his kicker to kick a 46-yarder.  Wasn’t there about 30 seconds left on the clock when Vanderjagt attempted the FG?  This means Manning had ample time.  He just didn’t deliver his end of the bargain.

So now you’re blaming the kicker.  It’s easy to do isn’t it?  I mean how dare he missed an “easy” 46-yarder, which every kicker in the league can make at any given time…blindfolded, at the biggest stage he’s been on, during the biggest game of his life.

Against the Jets, on 3rd and 10 with 2 minutes to go in the game and the pats down 10, Brady throws a 1 yard pass to Woodhead essentially guaranteeing no opportunity to move the chains and settling for a FG and being down 7 points.  The jets seal the game by quickly scoring another 7.  Not great stuff.

This your idea of a “choke job”?  Seriously?  They were behind by 10 - that’s 2 scores.  Brady’s job in that situation was to convert one score, which he did when he drove his team to a very reasonable, kicker-friendly FG range.  They made the FG.   He did his job.  It was enough.  Had they scored a TD, they still would’ve needed another possession via an on-side kick, which btw, they ended up not getting, so this point is moot. 

All the time, remember that it never happened to Brady.  Oh - and did you remember that Brady threw an int to end the pats chances in the 06 AFCCG

Yay, you found one...at last  How does this compare to Manning’s display of his tremendous skills during SB 44.  Especially his sparkling performance during the last 3 minutes?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]achie - I've provided the stats of Manning vs. Brady.  did you know that Manning has better passer rating than Brady in the POSTSEASON? The stat that pats fans will cling to is postseason record which is a team stat.  You want to supply all of the glory to Brady for these numbers but give no credit to the likes of Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Vrabel, Bruschi, Phifer, Washington, Law, Samuel, Harrison, Milloy, Vinatieri, etc.  Seems really really short sighted to me. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

did you know that Manning's POSTSEASON stats are  inflated by gaudy numbers in the wildcard round against the weakest of the playoff teams?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Hes been the best of the last decade and maybe ever 44.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Ummm he is missing some hardware to be claiming that title.  Maybe "Gaudiest Stats" is more appropriate.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Manning
    Marino
    Brady
    Montana
    Elway

Those are my top five in any order.

Give me the fifth pick out of these five, whoever is left, and with a great coach and a championship defense, any of these guys wins multiple titles.

How Manning even won one with those defenses and Dungy/Mora/Caldwell is amazing.

Comparing Brady to Manning is like comparing Bird to Magic. You pick first and I am thrilled with the second choice!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

[QUOTE]Manning Marino Brady Montana Elway Those are my top five in any order. Give me the fifth pick out of these five, whoever is left, and with a great coach and a championship defense, any of these guys wins multiple titles. How Manning even won one with those defenses and Dungy/Mora/Caldwell is amazing. Comparing Brady to Manning is like comparing Bird to Magic. You pick first and I am thrilled with the second choice!!!
    Posted by Celtics1986[/QUOTE]

The year P Manning won the Superbowl, well it wasnt amazing that he won with that defense, that defense carried him!  He was awful inthe playoffs that year!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

gln - you are right.  The d finally stepped up and helped Manning.  Manning wasn't good against the Ravens.  Brady's had his own stinkers where the d stepped in and helped. 

A qb has got to have help. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]gln - you are right.  The d finally stepped up and helped Manning.  Manning wasn't good against the Ravens.  Brady's had his own stinkers where the d stepped in and helped.  A qb has got to have help. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember you not long ago touting Manning's greatness regarding not missing any games compared to Brady being out for a season. Have you made the appropriate adjustments to your final comparisons yet?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

[QUOTE]gln - you are right.  The d finally stepped up and helped Manning.  Manning wasn't good against the Ravens.  Brady's had his own stinkers where the d stepped in and helped.  A qb has got to have help. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I believe you are wrong again.  When Brady has been subpar, the Pats have lost in the playoffs.

Against Denver, there was a pick 6 (should have been a touchback, the ball was out before Bailey crossed the goal line), but the defense couldnt make a stop especially after the Hobbs fumble (KO).

The Ravens game, the Pats couldnt stop the run game at all, Flacco stunk and they still couldnt stop the run.

Against the Giants, Colts (with a lot of help from the refs), and the Jets, Brady played pretty decently.....and still lost.

The only games that comes to mind that Brady really didnt play good and won was against the Titans when it was about zero degrees out, and against the Rams (played really good in that 2 minute drive tho)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : did you know that Manning's POSTSEASON stats are  inflated by gaudy numbers in the wildcard round against the weakest of the playoff teams?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

This is one of the worst arguments ever.  Didn't you know that some of the best defenses can play in the wild card round, too?  Everyone knows that the 1st and 2nd seeds get the byes in the playoffs not the 1st and 2nd ranked defenses.  

Brady's been less than stellar in 5 of his last 6 playoff games eclipsing a 90 passer rating only once.  Brady put up only 14 in the SB with "the greatest O ever" against a defense ranked in the bottom half of the league.  

On the other hand, Manning has either beaten and/or put up passer ratings of over 90 against some of the best D's in the league recently, including two statistically stellar games against the Jets.  

See how silly that argument is? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : I believe you are wrong again.  When Brady has been subpar, the Pats have lost in the playoffs. Against Denver, there was a pick 6 (should have been a touchback, the ball was out before Bailey crossed the goal line), but the defense couldnt make a stop especially after the Hobbs fumble (KO). The Ravens game, the Pats couldnt stop the run game at all, Flacco stunk and they still couldnt stop the run. Against the Giants, Colts (with a lot of help from the refs), and the Jets, Brady played pretty decently.....and still lost. The only games that comes to mind that Brady really didnt play good and won was against the Titans when it was about zero degrees out, and against the Rams (played really good in that 2 minute drive tho)
    Posted by gln826[/QUOTE]
    Brady

Tuck rule game - 70 rating - win.
    01 v Pitt - 84 rtg, but didn't finish game.  Managed when he played. win.
    06 v SD - 3 ints - team won
    07 v SD - 3 ints - team won

A better question would be - how many times did the team lose when Brady played well.  maybe never.  Where Manning is regarded, he's had 4 playoff games with PR's over 90 where the team lost. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : I seem to remember you not long ago touting Manning's greatness regarding not missing any games compared to Brady being out for a season. Have you made the appropriate adjustments to your final comparisons yet?

I don't recall that.  I'd tout Manning's greatness for not missing a game but not as a method to degrade Brady. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : This is one of the worst arguments ever.  Didn't you know that some of the best defenses can play in the wild card round, too?  Everyone knows that the 1st and 2nd seeds get the byes in the playoffs not the 1st and 2nd ranked defenses.   Brady's been less than stellar in 5 of his last 6 playoff games eclipsing a 90 passer rating only once.  Brady put up only 14 in the SB with "the greatest O ever" against a defense ranked in the bottom half of the league.   On the other hand, Manning has either beaten and/or put up passer ratings of over 90 against some of the best D's in the league recently, including two statistically stellar games against the Jets.   See how silly that argument is? 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

thats funny, because the patriots led by tom brady were playing in the superbowl while the manning led colts were sitting at home watching. see how silly your argument is!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : I don't recall that.  I'd tout Manning's greatness for not missing a game but not as a method to degrade Brady. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Although I'll admit I am disappointed for Manning.  There were rumors before the start of last season that this neck/nerve thing was lingering.  If he had weakness/numbness/pain in his throwing shoulder last year amidst all of the team injuries and still played THAT well, that is truly remarkable.  Truly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : This is one of the worst arguments ever.  Didn't you know that some of the best defenses can play in the wild card round, too?  Everyone knows that the 1st and 2nd seeds get the byes in the playoffs not the 1st and 2nd ranked defenses.   Brady's been less than stellar in 5 of his last 6 playoff games eclipsing a 90 passer rating only once.  Brady put up only 14 in the SB with "the greatest O ever" against a defense ranked in the bottom half of the league.   On the other hand, Manning has either beaten and/or put up passer ratings of over 90 against some of the best D's in the league recently, including two statistically stellar games against the Jets.   See how silly that argument is? 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

We aren't talking recently. We are talking career. If we were talking recently your clinging to the votes of writers to carry your argument would be blown away.

The fact is; Manning's playoff numbers are stacked in the wildcard round. The fact is; wildcard teams are not as good as teams who advance beyond the wild card round.

You can't cherry pick the things you want to compare and be taken seriously.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/101504-peyton-manning-chokes-again-third-nfl-mvp-award-goes-to-waste

great article about why manning is not the best.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : not if it ended the game or if the opposition took the ball and scored on the next possession, which is exactly what happened in both situations.  But listen, you keep working on those scenarios until you can finally say "I got one". I’m assuming you’re talking about the Steelers playoff game against the Colts.    Let me refresh your memory about that last Colts drive…Pittsburgh fumbled and Colts ran it back to midfield with plenty of time left.   On a regular season, non-meaningful game, Manning probably would’ve constantly chucked the ball till they got a TD.   But this is the playoffs, the show Manning is not exactly known to excel in. He could only muster enough yards for his kicker to kick a 46-yarder.   Wasn’t there about 30 seconds left on the clock when Vanderjagt attempted the FG?   This means Manning had ample time.   He just didn’t deliver his end of the bargain. So now you’re blaming the kicker.   It’s easy to do isn’t it?   I mean how dare he missed an “easy” 46-yarder, which every kicker in the league can make at any given time…blindfolded, at the biggest stage he’s been on, during the biggest game of his life. Against the Jets, on 3rd and 10 with 2 minutes to go in the game and the pats down 10, Brady throws a 1 yard pass to Woodhead essentially guaranteeing no opportunity to move the chains and settling for a FG and being down 7 points.  The jets seal the game by quickly scoring another 7.  Not great stuff. This your idea of a “choke job”?   Seriously?   They were behind by 10 - that’s 2 scores.   Brady’s job in that situation was to convert one score, which he did when he drove his team to a very reasonable, kicker-friendly FG range.   They made the FG.     He did his job.   It was enough.   Had they scored a TD, they still would’ve needed another possession via an on-side kick, which btw, they ended up not getting, so this point is moot.       All the time, remember that it never happened to Brady.  Oh - and did you remember that Brady threw an int to end the pats chances in the 06 AFCCG Yay, you found one...at last  How does this compare to Manning’s display of his tremendous skills during SB 44.  Especially his sparkling performance during the last 3 minutes?
    Posted by dastardly[/QUOTE]
    Dast - do you know how many times brady has come up short on a drive only to hand it to his kicker to make the kick? It was frequent, and the point is Brady's kicker never missed.  Manning's did. 

If we are to put the blame on Manning for leaving a game in a kicker's hands, then we have to be equal in our assessment and also say Brady frequently failed in his job, but was fortunate to have a kicker to bail him out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

" brady put up only 14 in the sb with the greates o ever against a defense ranked in the bottom half of the league"

your are just blowing lies out of your azz to try and validate your losing argument. the giants had the 7th ranked defense in the league that year, facts hurt dont they. and if you click on the "sacks" stat, the giants were number 1.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Will this Manny V Brady pi**ing contest you are all having with UD6 EVER end??!!  EVery post which has this type of comparison turns into a UD6 versus Pats fans every time and it is the same BS.  Besides, listening to the talking heads after the Thursday GB-NO game, there is a lot of love for Rodgers now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : Dast - do you know how many times brady has come up short on a drive only to hand it to his kicker to make the kick? It was frequent, and the point is Brady's kicker never missed.  Manning's did.  If we are to put the blame on Manning for leaving a game in a kicker's hands, then we have to be equal in our assessment and also say Brady frequently failed in his job, but was fortunate to have a kicker to bail him out.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Did Manning's kicker throw a pick-six in the Super Bowl?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : Did Manning's kicker throw a pick-six in the Super Bowl?

no but manning threw a pick-six against the saints in the super bowl. choke.

brady-3 eli and gomer-2

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Will this Manny V Brady pi**ing contest you are all having with UD6 EVER end??!!  EVery post which has this type of comparison turns into a UD6 versus Pats fans every time and it is the same BS.  Besides, listening to the talking heads after the Thursday GB-NO game, there is a lot of love for Rodgers now.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Yeah UD6 has the same old "Manning has more votes from writers" shtick going on.

And Rogers will certainly be in the discussion with a couple of more big years under his belt. He is the heir apparent to Brady/Manning.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

another great article from cold hard football facts why brady is better. icing on the cake, nail in the coffin article.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Manning vs Brady : We aren't talking recently. We are talking career. If we were talking recently your clinging to the votes of writers to carry your argument would be blown away. The fact is; Manning's playoff numbers are stacked in the wildcard round. The fact is; wildcard teams are not as good as teams who advance beyond the wild card round. You can't cherry pick the things you want to compare and be taken seriously.

LOL - are you changing your argument again?  I demonstrate that Manning's had good games against some of the best D's in the NFL in wildcard games and you come back with "well the team is not as good". 

Doesn't matter.  If the D is great and manning is good to great against that D, then I don't care what round of the playoffs the game is played. 

Did you know that since Brady started playing that 4 wildcard round teams have won the SB.  Doesn't really fit your argument, does it?  

If you stretch this far enough, you might make something stick.