Manning zip

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Manning zip

I heard Dierdorf re peat over and over about the zip on Mannings ball. I didn't see it. I thought Manning showed a weak arm, was short on numerous passes, and his end of the game int thrown on the run showed complete lack of arm strength. 

Kudos to Manning, for playing this year and getting to the playoffs on smarts and guile, as he clearly has half his arm strength. 

With all the criticism on this board over Manning, I think he showed how great he is with no arm strength this year. 

Every one can name call him, make fun of him, and wish him ill will because he is enemy #2 after the Jets, but I see him as a first ballot hall of famer, and arguably the greatest QB ever, with Brady, Montana and Elway in the conversation as well

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Manning zip

In response to rkarp's comment:

but I see him as a first ballot hall of famer, and arguably the greatest QB ever, with Brady, Montana and Elway in the conversation as well

yes, no doubt his effort to comeback and lead his team through an 11 game win streak against a bunch of cupcake teams showed us once again that he is arguably ONE of the greats.

he is not at the top of the mountain until he surpasses Brady or even Montana. Dude showed us yesterday that he can get his team to the dance, but he is not the prima- he always chokes in the big game. and yesterday was one of his big choke games.

Denver was lucky to be in the game. If not for the two big run backs, they would have lost the game in regulation. the offense did nothing of great significance, and the great defense we heard about didn't show up.

it gonna be bittersweet if they hand him the MVP again, and he's on the golf course for the rest of the season

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Yeah, it was pretty embarrassing listening to that. Also, that last INT that led to the end of the game, they were talking about what a great play it was. It was simply a HORRIBLE pass. Underthrown, and behind the receiver, simply awful.

He did have a decent game. But when your special teams stakes you 14 points, your team ought to win. Peyton had 2 VERY costly INTS that led to 10 points and a L.

He is now Chad Pennington: accurate with a rubber arm. His intelligence still makes him one of the better in the league, but he's not getting younger, he never played that well in cold weather games (still 0-fer in sub-40 playoff games), and he simply didn't do enough. 3 turnovers (2 INTS 1 fumble lost)!

Holliday did better than Rocket when he earned a SB MVP...and the guy doesn't even get to the Conference Championship. Tough break.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Dierdorf has a propensity to overstate in an attempt to add color to the broadcast. He went on and on about the age and fitness of the Ravens, Which is his job, but come on man...Regarding Manning, I didn't see much of a difference in how he threw the ball, the issue might well have been the game plan. Very conservative and they didn't take many shots downfield in the entire game...30 seconds to go ball on the 20 with two time outs and they kneeled on the ball. "playing not to lose". A decision that Fox might come to regret once he and Elway meet to discuss the team and the offseason plans.

End of the day if not for a truly bad play by the Broncos safety, the outcome of game probably goes Denver's way. Clearly this was a game lost by the Broncos more so than won by the Ravens.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

While I agree he is a first ballot hall of famer BUT I do believe that Brady comes in as the number 1 QB of this time.. Maybe EVER, we'll wait to end if season to continue discussion. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

Yeah, it was pretty embarrassing listening to that. Also, that last INT that led to the end of the game, they were talking about what a great play it was. It was simply a HORRIBLE pass. Underthrown, and behind the receiver, simply awful.

He did have a decent game. But when your special teams stakes you 14 points, your team ought to win. Peyton had 2 VERY costly INTS that led to 10 points and a L.

He is now Chad Pennington: accurate with a rubber arm. His intelligence still makes him one of the better in the league, but he's not getting younger, he never played that well in cold weather games (still 0-fer in sub-40 playoff games), and he simply didn't do enough. 3 turnovers (2 INTS 1 fumble lost)!

Holliday did better than Rocket when he earned a SB MVP...and the guy doesn't even get to the Conference Championship. Tough break.

Wow gomer Pennington.   Has it come to that?   *ELIminated secretly laughs*

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Dont let underpants see this thread. It will feed his obsession.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll give him tons of credit for the regular season he had, but the turnovers in that game last night should put a damper on his legacy. Period.

That Baltimore team played as vanilla as humanly possible on offense...how many times did they just waste first downs with Rice up the middle for a yard and put themselves in 3rd and longs? Then their defense is playing with an injured Suggs, Lewis, Reed and no Webb...yet Manning still turned it over for points and an overtime loss. Here he was at home, with a bye, in one of the toughest places for a team to come in and win..and the guy crapped his pants like that again. Amazing stuff - never seen someone get so much credit during the regular season (over and over again) and then blow (over and over again) in the post season.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

* Adrian Peterson secretly laughs too *

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Torch Manning all you want and wouldn't disagree even with low single digit temps but the  play of the safeties was beyond atrocious.  That was Elm St. horiffic.  And right behind them was Dierdorf...

Nantz is bad but this guy is MUTE waiting to happen...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

but I see him as a first ballot hall of famer, and arguably the greatest QB ever, with Brady, Montana and Elway in the conversation as well

yes, no doubt his effort to comeback and lead his team through an 11 game win streak against a bunch of cupcake teams showed us once again that he is arguably ONE of the greats.

he is not at the top of the mountain until he surpasses Brady or even Montana. Dude showed us yesterday that he can get his team to the dance, but he is not the prima- he always chokes in the big game. and yesterday was one of his big choke games.

Denver was lucky to be in the game. If not for the two big run backs, they would have lost the game in regulation. the offense did nothing of great significance, and the great defense we heard about didn't show up.

it gonna be bittersweet if they hand him the MVP again, and he's on the golf course for the rest of the season

Great post.  But they're not giving Manning MVP.  He'll get Comeback POY.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

1 and 4 in less than 30 degree conditions. to make matters worse, Denver is 20 degrees below the norm as of yesterday's game. maybe there are football gods.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Manning zip?  As in on the ball?  I can't remember him throwing a pass that covered more than 20 yards in the air.  About mid-way through the 3rd quarter it dawned on me that we could beat this guy because he doesn't have the arm strength to burn us deep, even if a receiver got behind our coverage. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to gr82bme's comment:

Manning zip?  As in on the ball?  I can't remember him throwing a pass that covered more than 20 yards in the air.  About mid-way through the 3rd quarter it dawned on me that we could beat this guy because he doesn't have the arm strength to burn us deep, even if a receiver got behind our coverage. 

That's the gameplan. Make him throw outside the hashes.  Same thing tonight with Schaub. Contain/take out Foster, make Schaub throw outside the hashes. We can live with that.  Only the great QBs can really hit passes outside the hashes on a regular basis, but the run game is critical to being able to do that, too.

Gomer doesn't have the range he used to have in terms of throwing.  Very obvious.  Denver picked on inferior competition for 2 months as the media had their heads in the sand.

You know what it really sick?  Manning had 47 All Pro votes. Brady? 3.

Pathetic.

I think Shaub has the arm strength to go long if our secondary gets beaten deep, but I've not seen him play enough to have an educated opinion on that aspect of his game.  I "picked" the Ravens to win that game because of the weak Bronco schedule, but I didn't think their STs would give up two long returns.  I seriously hope that game took alot out of their defense.  With respects to Manning getting far more all-pro votes than Brady?  Yeah, pretty silly.  That said, TB still has a shot at a SB and Manning doesn't. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I heard Dierdorf re peat over and over about the zip on Mannings ball. I didn't see it. I thought Manning showed a weak arm, was short on numerous passes, and his end of the game int thrown on the run showed complete lack of arm strength. 

Kudos to Manning, for playing this year and getting to the playoffs on smarts and guile, as he clearly has half his arm strength. 

With all the criticism on this board over Manning, I think he showed how great he is with no arm strength this year. 

Every one can name call him, make fun of him, and wish him ill will because he is enemy #2 after the Jets, but I see him as a first ballot hall of famer, and arguably the greatest QB ever, with Brady, Montana and Elway in the conversation as well

Dude, we've been telling you this all year long!  It's nothing new. In the colder weather, even without any wind, that's what it looks like with him. He's made up for it by throwing/releasing earlier.

Even his lobbed TD passes had to be released earlier to make up for the zip he thinks he still has.

Warnings were out.  You always act so surprised even when there are people in here telling you this stuff months and weeks in advance.

How is everyone over at ESPN this morning? Hmm?  LMAO

As you can see I did pick the Ravens to win. I must have missed your warnings. Did you put them out before or after you predicted every state in the election?

I assume ESPN is very happy what with the Lewis angle. I am not working playoff games, and am now off until spring training.

• rkarp
    • First: 1/29/2008
    • Last: 1/13/2013

I like the Ravens 23-20. I think the Broncos can be beat deep if Flacco is given time. Rice, 140 yards.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I'll give him tons of credit for the regular season he had, but the turnovers in that game last night should put a damper on his legacy. Period.

That Baltimore team played as vanilla as humanly possible on offense...how many times did they just waste first downs with Rice up the middle for a yard and put themselves in 3rd and longs? Then their defense is playing with an injured Suggs, Lewis, Reed and no Webb...yet Manning still turned it over for points and an overtime loss. Here he was at home, with a bye, in one of the toughest places for a team to come in and win..and the guy crapped his pants like that again. Amazing stuff - never seen someone get so much credit during the regular season (over and over again) and then blow (over and over again) in the post season.   

You don't get it. Their methodical offense with running took time off the clock and kept Gomer off the field.

Success.

It limited him and Denver. They took out Moreno and they took their shots when they needed to convert over the middle..

Success.

I still have no idea whatsoever how or why their DBs let Jones get behind them with 30 seconds to go and the ball on Balt's 30.  One of the greatest collapses in NFL history.

In fact I do get it...you are a moron. Please, oh please enlighten us on more quarterback/offense speak. How is Colin Kaepernick treating your forecast for the 49ers? How is Alex Smith doing these days? Still think Smith is better than Brady? Still thin Colin will ruin them? Lol!

running up the middle for a yard had absolutely nothing to do with Manning giving that game away. Nothing. You are a fraud.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Right on. MVP.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

1) People are way to hard on Dierdorf. I enjoy listening to the guy and think he's a balanced, objective commentator.

2) Congrats to Rkarp for picking the game -- I too picked a Ravens upset. How close the score was to that of the score in the pick is irrelevant, and anyone criticizing someone for not having the score correct, yet still getting the pick right, is absolutely a baffoon. 

3) The Broncos lost because of a horrendous play by their safety, and a poor decision by Fox and Manning. The Ravens's putrid running game had nothing to do with the outcome.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts