Manning zip

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Manning zip

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I heard Dierdorf re peat over and over about the zip on Mannings ball. I didn't see it. I thought Manning showed a weak arm, was short on numerous passes, and his end of the game int thrown on the run showed complete lack of arm strength. 

Kudos to Manning, for playing this year and getting to the playoffs on smarts and guile, as he clearly has half his arm strength. 

With all the criticism on this board over Manning, I think he showed how great he is with no arm strength this year. 

Every one can name call him, make fun of him, and wish him ill will because he is enemy #2 after the Jets, but I see him as a first ballot hall of famer, and arguably the greatest QB ever, with Brady, Montana and Elway in the conversation as well

Right on. MVP.

MVP should go to Adrian Peterson. Any objective person can see this beyond a shadow of a doubt. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

I'll give him tons of credit for the regular season he had, but the turnovers in that game last night should put a damper on his legacy. Period.

That Baltimore team played as vanilla as humanly possible on offense...how many times did they just waste first downs with Rice up the middle for a yard and put themselves in 3rd and longs? Then their defense is playing with an injured Suggs, Lewis, Reed and no Webb...yet Manning still turned it over for points and an overtime loss. Here he was at home, with a bye, in one of the toughest places for a team to come in and win..and the guy crapped his pants like that again. Amazing stuff - never seen someone get so much credit during the regular season (over and over again) and then blow (over and over again) in the post season.   

You don't get it. Their methodical offense with running took time off the clock and kept Gomer off the field.

Success.

It limited him and Denver. They took out Moreno and they took their shots when they needed to convert over the middle..

Success.

I still have no idea whatsoever how or why their DBs let Jones get behind them with 30 seconds to go and the ball on Balt's 30.  One of the greatest collapses in NFL history.

In fact I do get it...you are a moron. Please, oh please enlighten us on more quarterback/offense speak. How is Colin Kaepernick treating your forecast for the 49ers? How is Alex Smith doing these days? Still think Smith is better than Brady? Still thin Colin will ruin them? Lol!

running up the middle for a yard had absolutely nothing to do with Manning giving that game away. Nothing. You are a fraud.

I don't think Kaepernick will make it just like I don't think RG3 will. RG3 already had his leg blown out. Yes, I do think Smith was a better game manager last year than Brady was. Yes.  Brady was on record for breaking his own personal INT mark through Novemeber last year, while Smith threw far fewer INTs.

Just because Clay Matthews still has no interest in stopping the run doesn't make Kaepernick some star. His pick 6 was awful.  GB's Run D still isn't fixed.

I'll bet you right now SF doesn't win the SB with him at QB.  He just surpassed Vick for most yards by a QB on the ground. Not a category I'd want to be in. There's a reason why Vick was always overrated in this league. Once teams adjust to what they run with Kaepernick, he'll be isolated just like Vick was.

The only fraud is you. Gomer throws 3 INTs, but if Brady did that, you'd act like it was our own D's fault. lmao

Manning threw 2 INTs, one of which probably should have been called back. Sure looked like DPI to me.

That said, his second (and last) INT was a horrible decision and ultimately played a big role in determining the outcome of the game. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Best RS QBs and best overall QBs are very different lists. Brady's on both, so is Montana, Unitas, maybe Elway, one or two others (Brees and Rodgers could get there).

Marino, Favre and Manning are among the leaders in the RS category.

Bradshaw, Plunkett and Aikman on the PS list. Eli too, has a chance to be on both.

You can't be below .500 in the postseason (with a very large number of games played) and be one of the all-time greats. Frankly, if his career ended today he's a disappointment.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Rusty I agree with karp on this one. I don't think Smith gets 2nd back. But I would like to give you a shout out on your dead on take of the N.Y Jets cap failures. You had this thing pegged the whole time!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll give him tons of credit for the regular season he had, but the turnovers in that game last night should put a damper on his legacy. Period.

That Baltimore team played as vanilla as humanly possible on offense...how many times did they just waste first downs with Rice up the middle for a yard and put themselves in 3rd and longs? Then their defense is playing with an injured Suggs, Lewis, Reed and no Webb...yet Manning still turned it over for points and an overtime loss. Here he was at home, with a bye, in one of the toughest places for a team to come in and win..and the guy crapped his pants like that again. Amazing stuff - never seen someone get so much credit during the regular season (over and over again) and then blow (over and over again) in the post season.   

You don't get it. Their methodical offense with running took time off the clock and kept Gomer off the field.

Success.

It limited him and Denver. They took out Moreno and they took their shots when they needed to convert over the middle..

Success.

I still have no idea whatsoever how or why their DBs let Jones get behind them with 30 seconds to go and the ball on Balt's 30.  One of the greatest collapses in NFL history.

In fact I do get it...you are a moron. Please, oh please enlighten us on more quarterback/offense speak. How is Colin Kaepernick treating your forecast for the 49ers? How is Alex Smith doing these days? Still think Smith is better than Brady? Still thin Colin will ruin them? Lol!

running up the middle for a yard had absolutely nothing to do with Manning giving that game away. Nothing. You are a fraud.

I don't think Kaepernick will make it just like I don't think RG3 will. RG3 already had his leg blown out. Yes, I do think Smith was a better game manager last year than Brady was. Yes.  Brady was on record for breaking his own personal INT mark through Novemeber last year, while Smith threw far fewer INTs.

Just because Clay Matthews still has no interest in stopping the run doesn't make Kaepernick some star. His pick 6 was awful.  GB's Run D still isn't fixed.

I'll bet you right now SF doesn't win the SB with him at QB.  He just surpassed Vick for most yards by a QB on the ground. Not a category I'd want to be in. There's a reason why Vick was always overrated in this league. Once teams adjust to what they run with Kaepernick, he'll be isolated just like Vick was.

The only fraud is you. Gomer throws 3 INTs, but if Brady did that, you'd act like it was our own D's fault. lmao

I think you're missing the point, it's not about the long term career of Colin, it's about him giving the team more than Alex Smith. Next year people will have figured out Colin, but right now teams have long ago figured out Smith - it's why he isn't starting...it's why just "managing a game" isn't good enough. It's why slamming your running back into a wall of defenders over and over again will not cut it unless you get lucky and have a top notch defense. Harbaugh wanted to take no risk of that happening (waiting around for luck to appear) and it payed off. We will do the same today - we won't sit there slamming Ridley into a wall of defenders - hoping our defense will hold. We won't win that way. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

I heard Dierdorf re peat over and over about the zip on Mannings ball. I didn't see it. I thought Manning showed a weak arm, was short on numerous passes, and his end of the game int thrown on the run showed complete lack of arm strength. 

Kudos to Manning, for playing this year and getting to the playoffs on smarts and guile, as he clearly has half his arm strength. 

With all the criticism on this board over Manning, I think he showed how great he is with no arm strength this year. 

Every one can name call him, make fun of him, and wish him ill will because he is enemy #2 after the Jets, but I see him as a first ballot hall of famer, and arguably the greatest QB ever, with Brady, Montana and Elway in the conversation as well

Right on. MVP.

Adrian Peterson is more deserving of the award than the Horseface. But, in fairness to him, he didn't lose yesterday because he played poorly. He simply lost to a better team. Manning didn't have the same caliber of weapons in Denver, that he had in Indy. Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Marvin Harrison, and Joe Addai vs, Demaryius Thomas, Jacob Tamme, Eric Decker, and Knowshon Moreno?? It's no contest. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Very kind of you to include Brady and Montana in the conversation as greatest ever with Fetus Head. I'm sure his 9-11 playoff record was a decisive factor in allowing the comparison.

Elway in no way belongs in the conversation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Of all the modern era QBs, he and Favre are the most overrated with your buddy Gomer in 3rd.

Truth hurts.

Declare a National Holiday. We agree on this junior.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Adrian Peterson is more deserving of the award than the Horseface.

Far more.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

someone like Smith who was great last year and this year,

Smith with a 90 PR last year was "great" according to you, but Brady with a 91 was the "problem" in last year's SB loss.

Junior exposed as the village idiot yet again using his own words to prove it.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts