Manning zip

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Manning zip

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I heard Dierdorf re peat over and over about the zip on Mannings ball. I didn't see it. I thought Manning showed a weak arm, was short on numerous passes, and his end of the game int thrown on the run showed complete lack of arm strength. 

Kudos to Manning, for playing this year and getting to the playoffs on smarts and guile, as he clearly has half his arm strength. 

With all the criticism on this board over Manning, I think he showed how great he is with no arm strength this year. 

Every one can name call him, make fun of him, and wish him ill will because he is enemy #2 after the Jets, but I see him as a first ballot hall of famer, and arguably the greatest QB ever, with Brady, Montana and Elway in the conversation as well

Right on. MVP.

MVP should go to Adrian Peterson. Any objective person can see this beyond a shadow of a doubt. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

I'll give him tons of credit for the regular season he had, but the turnovers in that game last night should put a damper on his legacy. Period.

That Baltimore team played as vanilla as humanly possible on offense...how many times did they just waste first downs with Rice up the middle for a yard and put themselves in 3rd and longs? Then their defense is playing with an injured Suggs, Lewis, Reed and no Webb...yet Manning still turned it over for points and an overtime loss. Here he was at home, with a bye, in one of the toughest places for a team to come in and win..and the guy crapped his pants like that again. Amazing stuff - never seen someone get so much credit during the regular season (over and over again) and then blow (over and over again) in the post season.   

You don't get it. Their methodical offense with running took time off the clock and kept Gomer off the field.

Success.

It limited him and Denver. They took out Moreno and they took their shots when they needed to convert over the middle..

Success.

I still have no idea whatsoever how or why their DBs let Jones get behind them with 30 seconds to go and the ball on Balt's 30.  One of the greatest collapses in NFL history.

In fact I do get it...you are a moron. Please, oh please enlighten us on more quarterback/offense speak. How is Colin Kaepernick treating your forecast for the 49ers? How is Alex Smith doing these days? Still think Smith is better than Brady? Still thin Colin will ruin them? Lol!

running up the middle for a yard had absolutely nothing to do with Manning giving that game away. Nothing. You are a fraud.

I don't think Kaepernick will make it just like I don't think RG3 will. RG3 already had his leg blown out. Yes, I do think Smith was a better game manager last year than Brady was. Yes.  Brady was on record for breaking his own personal INT mark through Novemeber last year, while Smith threw far fewer INTs.

Just because Clay Matthews still has no interest in stopping the run doesn't make Kaepernick some star. His pick 6 was awful.  GB's Run D still isn't fixed.

I'll bet you right now SF doesn't win the SB with him at QB.  He just surpassed Vick for most yards by a QB on the ground. Not a category I'd want to be in. There's a reason why Vick was always overrated in this league. Once teams adjust to what they run with Kaepernick, he'll be isolated just like Vick was.

The only fraud is you. Gomer throws 3 INTs, but if Brady did that, you'd act like it was our own D's fault. lmao

Manning threw 2 INTs, one of which probably should have been called back. Sure looked like DPI to me.

That said, his second (and last) INT was a horrible decision and ultimately played a big role in determining the outcome of the game. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

By cutting LB Calvin Pace, LB Bart Scott, OTJason Smith and S Eric Smith, the Jets will clear $30.7 million in cap space. THey will re negotiate Mangold and D'brick.

I think they then sign Alex Smith and Bush

Pace and E Smith sign with the Bills

i also said Lombardi priced himself out of every GM job in the NFL. 

My Sanchez comments 2 years ago were simply stating he went to 2 AFC championship games. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Sanchez-you are mistaken 

Lombardi- I have no link but no for fact that he talked to the Jets, jagahead browns

Bush-I am quite sure of it

Smith-I think best 49ers are offered is a 3rd. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Sanchez-you are mistaken 

Lombardi- I have no link but no for fact that he talked to the Jets, jagahead browns

So Kolb goes for a 2nd, Cassel a 2nd, but someone like Smith who was great last year and this year, is only now worth a 3rd to so many teams who need a legit everyday QB in this league?

"no for a fact"?

Ugh.

I don't care if Lombardi talked to any team. He's not interested in being a GM right now. He's said it.

He's only going to go into a situation where he can see things develop the way he wants, he's not going to want to walk into a crapstorm situation.   He already did that in Oakland. The Jets and Jags are bad situations.  Cleveland is an attractive spot, but without the right coach, forget it.

Why are you "quite sure" Bush is signing with the Jets?   Are you this dumb?  NY is 20 million over the cap, have to get a new deal for Revis and/or Cromartie, and are in absolute hole for years to come. Meanwhile, better franchises might want to add Bush. Those franchises can offer MORE than the Jets.

Why do you think the Jets are in a position of strength?

Why would any FA want to even go to teh jets wtih the knowledge awful Ryan is the coach Woody Johnson making a fool of himself daily, and there will likely be a new coach in 2014 after the Jets miss the playoffs next year again?

Answer that.

Bush is starting to look at his post playing career. 

PICK assume once you better understand the salary cap, you will stop making such stupid comments.

Smith has failed for numerous coaches, only succeeding with Harbaugh. That is going to hurt his value. Kolb and Cassell were at their all time high for value ( kudos to BB and Reid) but in hind sight, they were no where worth 2nd round picks. Too many questions with Smith for. 2

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Best RS QBs and best overall QBs are very different lists. Brady's on both, so is Montana, Unitas, maybe Elway, one or two others (Brees and Rodgers could get there).

Marino, Favre and Manning are among the leaders in the RS category.

Bradshaw, Plunkett and Aikman on the PS list. Eli too, has a chance to be on both.

You can't be below .500 in the postseason (with a very large number of games played) and be one of the all-time greats. Frankly, if his career ended today he's a disappointment.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Rusty I agree with karp on this one. I don't think Smith gets 2nd back. But I would like to give you a shout out on your dead on take of the N.Y Jets cap failures. You had this thing pegged the whole time!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll give him tons of credit for the regular season he had, but the turnovers in that game last night should put a damper on his legacy. Period.

That Baltimore team played as vanilla as humanly possible on offense...how many times did they just waste first downs with Rice up the middle for a yard and put themselves in 3rd and longs? Then their defense is playing with an injured Suggs, Lewis, Reed and no Webb...yet Manning still turned it over for points and an overtime loss. Here he was at home, with a bye, in one of the toughest places for a team to come in and win..and the guy crapped his pants like that again. Amazing stuff - never seen someone get so much credit during the regular season (over and over again) and then blow (over and over again) in the post season.   

You don't get it. Their methodical offense with running took time off the clock and kept Gomer off the field.

Success.

It limited him and Denver. They took out Moreno and they took their shots when they needed to convert over the middle..

Success.

I still have no idea whatsoever how or why their DBs let Jones get behind them with 30 seconds to go and the ball on Balt's 30.  One of the greatest collapses in NFL history.

In fact I do get it...you are a moron. Please, oh please enlighten us on more quarterback/offense speak. How is Colin Kaepernick treating your forecast for the 49ers? How is Alex Smith doing these days? Still think Smith is better than Brady? Still thin Colin will ruin them? Lol!

running up the middle for a yard had absolutely nothing to do with Manning giving that game away. Nothing. You are a fraud.

I don't think Kaepernick will make it just like I don't think RG3 will. RG3 already had his leg blown out. Yes, I do think Smith was a better game manager last year than Brady was. Yes.  Brady was on record for breaking his own personal INT mark through Novemeber last year, while Smith threw far fewer INTs.

Just because Clay Matthews still has no interest in stopping the run doesn't make Kaepernick some star. His pick 6 was awful.  GB's Run D still isn't fixed.

I'll bet you right now SF doesn't win the SB with him at QB.  He just surpassed Vick for most yards by a QB on the ground. Not a category I'd want to be in. There's a reason why Vick was always overrated in this league. Once teams adjust to what they run with Kaepernick, he'll be isolated just like Vick was.

The only fraud is you. Gomer throws 3 INTs, but if Brady did that, you'd act like it was our own D's fault. lmao

I think you're missing the point, it's not about the long term career of Colin, it's about him giving the team more than Alex Smith. Next year people will have figured out Colin, but right now teams have long ago figured out Smith - it's why he isn't starting...it's why just "managing a game" isn't good enough. It's why slamming your running back into a wall of defenders over and over again will not cut it unless you get lucky and have a top notch defense. Harbaugh wanted to take no risk of that happening (waiting around for luck to appear) and it payed off. We will do the same today - we won't sit there slamming Ridley into a wall of defenders - hoping our defense will hold. We won't win that way. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

I heard Dierdorf re peat over and over about the zip on Mannings ball. I didn't see it. I thought Manning showed a weak arm, was short on numerous passes, and his end of the game int thrown on the run showed complete lack of arm strength. 

Kudos to Manning, for playing this year and getting to the playoffs on smarts and guile, as he clearly has half his arm strength. 

With all the criticism on this board over Manning, I think he showed how great he is with no arm strength this year. 

Every one can name call him, make fun of him, and wish him ill will because he is enemy #2 after the Jets, but I see him as a first ballot hall of famer, and arguably the greatest QB ever, with Brady, Montana and Elway in the conversation as well

Right on. MVP.

Adrian Peterson is more deserving of the award than the Horseface. But, in fairness to him, he didn't lose yesterday because he played poorly. He simply lost to a better team. Manning didn't have the same caliber of weapons in Denver, that he had in Indy. Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Marvin Harrison, and Joe Addai vs, Demaryius Thomas, Jacob Tamme, Eric Decker, and Knowshon Moreno?? It's no contest. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Very kind of you to include Brady and Montana in the conversation as greatest ever with Fetus Head. I'm sure his 9-11 playoff record was a decisive factor in allowing the comparison.

Elway in no way belongs in the conversation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Of all the modern era QBs, he and Favre are the most overrated with your buddy Gomer in 3rd.

Truth hurts.

Declare a National Holiday. We agree on this junior.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Sanchez-you are mistaken 

So Kolb goes for a 2nd, Cassel a 2nd, but someone like Smith who was great last year and this year, is only now worth a 3rd to so many teams who need a legit everyday QB in this league?

"no for a fact"?

Ugh.

I don't care if Lombardi talked to any team. He's not interested in being a GM right now. He's said it.

He's only going to go into a situation where he can see things develop the way he wants, he's not going to want to walk into a crapstorm situation.   He already did that in Oakland. The Jets and Jags are bad situations.  Cleveland is an attractive spot, but without the right coach, forget it.

Why are you "quite sure" Bush is signing with the Jets?   Are you this dumb?  NY is 20 million over the cap, have to get a new deal for Revis and/or Cromartie, and are in absolute hole for years to come. Meanwhile, better franchises might want to add Bush. Those franchises can offer MORE than the Jets.

Why would any FA want to even go to teh jets wtih the knowledge awful Ryan is the coach Woody Johnson making a fool of himself daily, and there will likely be a new coach in 2014 after the Jets miss the playoffs next year again?

Answer that.

PICK assume once you better understand the salary cap, you will stop making such stupid comments.

Smith has failed for numerous coaches, only succeeding with Harbaugh. That is going to hurt his value. Kolb and Cassell were at their all time high for value ( kudos to BB and Reid) but in hind sight, they were no where worth 2nd round picks. Too many questions with Smith for. 2

What?  Did you just say the Jets are signing Reggie Bush and now you're saying "he's looking at his post playing career"?

Are you drunk or just dumb and drunk?

What does "Pick assume once" even mean?  Did you just imply that I don't understand budgets and cap management, while suggesting you do?

LOL!!!!

Seek it.

I will call you out as I always do prior to June 1st when the Jets are AT LEAST $15 million under the cap. I just gave you 4 names that will total $31 million off the cap. They will also re neg a couple of guys. 

Yes, Bush plays a few more years in NY and then goes into a media job. He wants to play in NY, and the Jets need another RB. 

Clearly, and I mean very clearly, you have no understanding on either topic. 

Warnings were out! LMFAO

We both have no understanding of what Lombardi wants. It doesn't matter what he says publicly. The difference between you and I, is I am saying I spoke with someone who spoke with Lombardi, and he did speak with 3 teams. He asked for the moon, and was denied. I had speculated the Jets would give it to him, but they did not. Simple as that, in spite what you say on the topic, as you clearly have no insight on the subject. None what so ever. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Adrian Peterson is more deserving of the award than the Horseface.

Far more.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Sanchez-you are mistaken 

"no for a fact"?

Ugh.

Answer that.

What?  Did you just say the Jets are signing Reggie Bush and now you're saying "he's looking at his post playing career"?

What does "Pick assume once" even mean?  Did you just imply that I don't understand budgets and cap management, while suggesting you do?

LOL!!!!

Seek it.

I will call you out as I always do prior to June 1st when the Jets are AT LEAST $15 million under the cap. I just gave you 4 names that will total $31 million off the cap. They will also re neg a couple of guys. 

Yes, Bush plays a few more years in NY and then goes into a media job. He wants to play in NY, and the Jets need another RB. 

Warnings were out! LMFAO

We both have no understanding of what Lombardi wants. It doesn't matter what he says publicly. The difference between you and I, is I am saying I spoke with someone who spoke with Lombardi, and he did speak with 3 teams. He asked for the moon, and was denied. I had speculated the Jets would give it to him, but they did not. Simple as that, in spite what you say on the topic, as you clearly have no insight on the subject. None what so ever. 

Go ahead. You'll have nothing to call out.

Here's what will happen:

1. The Jets will quietly try to trade Sanchez for a late rd pick. No one will bite, because he blows and they know that they may cut him anyway.

2. The Jets will be in contract squabbles for Revis and Cromartie, trying to figure out who to keep, who to trade or if they completely blow it and let each go to FA at the same time after 2013.

3. They will not have their books in order by the draft and they will miss out on the quality FAs, not as if any quality FA will want to go there anyway.  They'll lose 1/2 of their starting defense from 2012, too.

4. Any FA they try to sign will be garbage after their garbage draft.. I just heard, and I am chucking already, Jerry "I Never Hit On A 1st Rd Pick" Angelo (A buddy of BB) is in line to get the Jets GM job.

This is the guy who McDaniels fleeced in trhe Cutler deal and then paid Pepper 16 mil per with holes all over the team on offense, having no O Line and trying to turn Devin Hester into a WR.

He's also the guy who drafted Rex Grossman and pretended the entire time that Grossman wa better than Orton, as Bears fans became enraged.

But, hey, what's the difference. The Jets haven't nailed a 1st rd pick since Revis in 2007, so why not hire a guy who has never really hit on more than one in his tenure in CHicago, right?

Cannot be made up.

I have more insight on all these topics than you and I don't even have supposed inside info, which makes all this doubly embarrassing for you right now.

Cris Carter whispering in your ear is comical to all of us here. ESPN is littered with morons. Lombardi, never in a million years, would go to the Jets, but it never hurts to listen. He's said nothing publicly other than VERBALLY ASSUALTING the JEts on WEEI radio the very day you claimed he was "offered a GM contract".

Again, you aren't spinning out this one, too, Mr. Name Dropper.

He asked for the moon, dummy, because he really doesn't want to be a GM right now. You're so obtuse it's amazing.

Keep dancing and avoid the subject. Like I said, by June 1 ( or sooner) the Jets will be $15 million under the cap. 

I am not saying they will sign the right free agents ( same as the Pats did not this year)

Simple as that, $15 million under the cap when free agency starts. 

Now go ahead and dance and play your "rkarp said Sanchez was good 2 years ago" avoidance answer.

LMFAO. 

I have to go into the stadium in 30 minutes and don't bring my iPad in, so please dance quickly so I can beat you down once again. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

someone like Smith who was great last year and this year,

Smith with a 90 PR last year was "great" according to you, but Brady with a 91 was the "problem" in last year's SB loss.

Junior exposed as the village idiot yet again using his own words to prove it.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Sanchez-you are mistaken 

"no for a fact"?

Ugh.

Answer that.

LOL!!!!

Seek it.

Warnings were out! LMFAO

Go ahead. You'll have nothing to call out.

Here's what will happen:

1. The Jets will quietly try to trade Sanchez for a late rd pick. No one will bite, because he blows and they know that they may cut him anyway.

2. The Jets will be in contract squabbles for Revis and Cromartie, trying to figure out who to keep, who to trade or if they completely blow it and let each go to FA at the same time after 2013.

3. They will not have their books in order by the draft and they will miss out on the quality FAs, not as if any quality FA will want to go there anyway.  They'll lose 1/2 of their starting defense from 2012, too.

4. Any FA they try to sign will be garbage after their garbage draft.. I just heard, and I am chucking already, Jerry "I Never Hit On A 1st Rd Pick" Angelo (A buddy of BB) is in line to get the Jets GM job.

This is the guy who McDaniels fleeced in trhe Cutler deal and then paid Pepper 16 mil per with holes all over the team on offense, having no O Line and trying to turn Devin Hester into a WR.

He's also the guy who drafted Rex Grossman and pretended the entire time that Grossman wa better than Orton, as Bears fans became enraged.

But, hey, what's the difference. The Jets haven't nailed a 1st rd pick since Revis in 2007, so why not hire a guy who has never really hit on more than one in his tenure in CHicago, right?

Cannot be made up.

I have more insight on all these topics than you and I don't even have supposed inside info, which makes all this doubly embarrassing for you right now.

Cris Carter whispering in your ear is comical to all of us here. ESPN is littered with morons. Lombardi, never in a million years, would go to the Jets, but it never hurts to listen. He's said nothing publicly other than VERBALLY ASSUALTING the JEts on WEEI radio the very day you claimed he was "offered a GM contract".

Again, you aren't spinning out this one, too, Mr. Name Dropper.

He asked for the moon, dummy, because he really doesn't want to be a GM right now. You're so obtuse it's amazing.

Keep dancing and avoid the subject. Like I said, by June 1 ( or sooner) the Jets will be $15 million under the cap. 

I am not saying they will sign the right free agents ( same as the Pats did not this year)

Simple as that, $15 million under the cap when free agency starts. 

Now go ahead and dance and play your "rkarp said Sanchez was good 2 years ago" avoidance answer.

LMFAO. 

I have to go into the stadium in 30 minutes and don't bring my iPad in, so please dance quickly so I can beat you down once again. 

How is me bludgeoning you on the facts "avoiding and dancing"? 

Dude, everyone here is embarrassed for you.  That's why you don't see anyone jumping in to agree with you.

This is not your strong suit, at all. At all.

The Jets need about 5 million to sign rookies, so even if they are "15 million under the cap by June 1", what good is it?

Finally, I'd say Brandon Lloyd was a fine FA add, as was Gregory and STs ace Marquice Cole, the Ballard waiver wire move was a good investment for the future . All good players who fit well in the system.

Meanwhile, the Jets got FA scraps like LaRon Landry and Yeremiah Bell who couldn't cover my grandmother.

Leave it to you to be posting on a board before a home game in the playoffs, too. What a tool deluxe.

No wonder why our crowd is quiet in there.    You're PART of the problem.

Dancing yourself into the grave as usual. Back pedal as always. You say you know football but Landry and Bell didn't perform better than Gregory, Chung, Wilson? (I give the best S nod to McCourty) I am a Pats guy, but can admit when the Pats fall short, and in S play, they did. 

Look for my call out when the Jets are $15 million under and then say you never said it....typical. 

Fact...you said the Jets are in salary cap hell. I said they will be under $15 million when free agency starts. We will see....won't we? 

Warnings are out! 

Sections
Shortcuts