Manning's Arm Strength

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Manning's Arm Strength

Still doesn't look the same to me regardless of what all the commentators seem to believe.  Yeah his wobbly balls are a bit more susceptible to adverse weather conditions, but even with that there were a number of throws that seemed to lack the needed juice.  He made a few good ones, but there didn't seem to be much consistency.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Manning's Arm Strength

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Still doesn't look the same to me regardless of what all the commentators seem to believe.  Yeah his wobbly balls are a bit more susceptible to adverse weather conditions, but even with that there were a number of throws that seemed to lack the needed juice.  He made a few good ones, but there didn't seem to be much consistency.

Totally agree.  It's not what it was.  What made it all the more apparent was that Brady's passes, with a couple of rare exceptions, were all laser shots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

He is throwing ducks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

He is throwing ducks!

Bwahahahahahaha.  Well played sir.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I just looked at some highlight footage of PM on youtube and the difference is obvious.  Sure a lot of the games were indoors, but even the outdoor ones there just seemed to be a lot more zip on the ball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bwahahahahahaha.  Well played sir.

Thanks.  Not sure why I get such a kick out if.  The waddling duck gets me every time, does remind me of Mannings passes lol!.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Manning has a serious case of O.L.D.

Mostly his schedule and venues have masked his condition.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

You all should be ashamed. Manning is CLEARLY the greatest Arena football QB EVER.   EVER....

OK, that is not really fair. He is a great QB. But he clearly has real trouble when it gets below 30 with any wind. 

I saw some stats being banterred about concerning play when it is colder than 40 versus warmer than... i am not sure.. 70? But the big mistake in that is the tipping point for Manning is not 40. It is more like 30 with a wind of some sort. He does nto seem to have the arm strength to play up to his fair weather ability.

TB is far better in the cold. Over and over he has proved that. Manning is more deadly in fair weather... in part because he is more deadly deep downfield (not distance wise but accuracy wise) but that advantage is lost in the cold where he cannot make those throws as well. TB is a little more accurate to about 15 yards. About even 15 to 20 or 25. Manning beyond that if the weather does not destroy his ball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I heard on Cowherd's show this morning that he spoke to someone who was close to the Peyton situation in Indy. That guy told him that Manning still has nerve issues with several of his fingers. I think they touched on it last night that sometimes he wears a glove just because it helps him feel the ball actually. Tough luck.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Manning has a serious case of O.L.D.

Mostly his schedule and venues have masked his condition.

HOLY MUNSTERS!!  forehead obviously isnt aging as gracefully as Tommy either....Wow  he looks OLD

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

LOL!  I made a cup of noodles picture with manning but I can't find it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Manning's record in games when the temperature is under 40 speaks for itself. No playoff wins under 40 degrees. 8-6 between 40 and 30 degrees and 2-5 below 30. Vinateari left New England so he could finish and extend his career indoors. Peyton is finishing his outdoors. Looks like Peyton should have followed Adam's lead.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Anybody catch the bit they did on PM and Tom throughout the years. Peyton looked worse every pic, as Brady looked the same. He looked freezer burnt last night, puffy red cheeks and big bags under his eyes.

Btw, I loved the title of this thread.....Peyton and arm strength in the same sentence. Well done!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Manning is only one year older than Brady and spent most of his career indoors.  Maybe that back issue has an effect on his throwing or maybe it was always like this.  

Im actually happy for Manning that he was able to comeback after a being dumped by the Colts.

Now it's December and Manning is playing home games outside.  So long Broncos.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Wobbly balls is a condition that becomes more of a problem as people get older.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

and saggy breases's

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

and saggy breases's

Yes.  Big problem for O-lineman

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

as a fan of football, I simply cannot sit here and say Manning is not great. Yes, I prefer TB, but Manning has been great, cerrtainly in the convo for GOAT, just like TB. I see his diminished arm strength sure, but doesnt that put the year he is having in perspective? 36 TD's. 7 INT's. 114 rating which is his 2nd highest in his career....with a spaghetti arm!

Simply put saying Manning is having a record year does not mean one is not a Pats fan...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

as a fan of football, I simply cannot sit here and say Manning is not great. Yes, I prefer TB, but Manning has been great, cerrtainly in the convo for GOAT, just like TB. I see his diminished arm strength sure, but doesnt that put the year he is having in perspective? 36 TD's. 7 INT's. 114 rating which is his 2nd highest in his career....with a spaghetti arm!

Simply put saying Manning is having a record year does not mean one is not a Pats fan...

I guess you didn't read the OP, it wasn't about how great he is(and he is) it was about his noodle arm and how his throws have no velocity ala chad pennington. You remember Chad Pennington don't you rkarp?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Maybe Manning simply is wearing out his arm.  All those years of leading "pass centric" offenses, compared to Brady, could be considered?  Manning has always been known for his passing and both the Colts and Broncos set up their offenses to be passing attacks.  Brady, conversely, really did not come into his own in which his passing ability became central to the Pats O until 2006 - 2007 seasons.  Imagine Brady's numbers if the Pats passed more since he started instead of being more of a running/balanced attack team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyTony. Show IndyTony's posts

I have caught most of the broncos games this year, and it seems to me he was throwing better before the colts game...since that game he hasn't looked quite right..He took some big shots that game..I'm wondering if the real problem isn't so much his ankles as his neck again,,,Classic game last night....GO PATS

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Brett Favre is great.  He's just not playing anymore.  In that sense, Peyton Manning is great. 

Bill Belichick had a choice, take the wind or keep the ball out of Peyton Manning's hands for the first possession.  BB chose to take the wind. This says something about Peyton's perceived ability last night.

In fact, Manning couldn't drive the ball into the endzone on the first possession, nor could he drive the ball into field goal range, twice.  Brady couldn't either, twice, even with the wind, and then Wes Welker kind of lost the game for his team, but that's not about Peyton's arm strength. 

"Yeah his wobbly balls are a bit more susceptible to adverse weather conditions,--"

So that's why he can't throw!  Try two sets of underpants?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Anybody think Fetus Head chose Denver in part because the air is thinner and it would compensate somewhat for the noodle arm?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Anybody think Fetus Head chose Denver in part because the air is thinner and it would compensate somewhat for the noodle arm?

Maybe....  at altitude, a golf ball travels about 10% further in thinner air.  So, his 20 yard passes in Indy, are going 22 - 23 yards if he gives the same effort.  So, he now thinks I need a 20 yard pass, so, throw it like an 18 yard pass and it will go 20!!!  Less effort, same result!!

Sections
Shortcuts