Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys

Per Reiss

Mar 20
    2:25
    PM ET
    A few interesting Peyton Manning/Tim Tebow-related odds nuggets, as passed along by the online sports book Bovada:

* Manning's passing yards this season -- Over/under: 4,000

* Total Manning touchdown passes: Over/under -- 28½

* Total Manning interceptions: Over/under -- 16½

* Denver Broncos regular season wins: Over/under -- 10

* Which team will Tim Tebow be with for Week 1 of the regular season?
    Jacksonville Jaguars -- 3/2
    Denver Broncos -- 7/4
    Miami Dolphins -- 7/4
    New England Patriots -- 7/1
    Cleveland Browns -- 12/1

* Current odds to win the Super Bowl
    Green Bay Packers -- 13/2
    New England Patriots -- 15/2
    New Orleans Saints -- 10/1
    Denver Broncos -- 12/1 (improved from 50/1 on Feb. 6)

Note the over under in INTS at 16.5 ! 4K yards with a fresh crop of receivers seems like a lot as well. Go Vegas!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys

They have the Patriots as a bigger favorite in the AFC this year. Vegas looks like its thinking that the Steelers and Ravens are going to take a step back, the Texans could be the Patriots toughest challenge in the AFC. 

Denver jumped quite a bit as expected with Manning but I'm not as sold on them. For having such a good defense the Patriots shredded them, and Manning wont have the weapons that he did in indy. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Should have gone to SF if winning was his first and only priority...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Agree with that. He looked like the missing piece to me. I wonder if he and Harbaugh have some issues, being Manning replaced Big Jim. I also didnt realize how much bigger Manning is then Elway or how small Elway really is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

wouldnt be surprised to see manning get close to 20 int's this season

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Why was my post deleted?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys:
    Why was my post deleted?
    Posted by BassFishing

I think that it was a double thread, yours may be the thread that has the question mark in the title.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys : what are the giants odds?
    Posted by JintsFan

I think that they were at 12-1, one of them usa today, had the Giants at 20-1 which is total bs...  Another has them at 8-1. They have lots of different odds, a couple have the Patriots favored to win. Sometimes thats bad though because they are usually wrong..

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I was in Vegas this past weekend and they had the following as of 3/13:

Green Bay 5-1
    New England 11-2
    New Orleans 6-1
    Pittsburgh 10-1
    New York Giants 12-1

The Colts were the biggest surprise in the top half at like 30 or 40-1, Tampa Bay was also a surprise on the bottom of the list.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys:
    Per Reiss Mar 20 2:25 PM ET Email Print Comments 12 By ESPNBoston.com A few interesting Peyton Manning/Tim Tebow-related odds nuggets, as passed along by the online sports book Bovada: * Manning's passing yards this season -- Over/under: 4,000 * Total Manning touchdown passes: Over/under -- 28½ * Total Manning interceptions: Over/under -- 16½ * Denver Broncos regular season wins: Over/under -- 10 * Which team will Tim Tebow be with for Week 1 of the regular season? Jacksonville Jaguars -- 3/2 Denver Broncos -- 7/4 Miami Dolphins -- 7/4 New England Patriots -- 7/1 Cleveland Browns -- 12/1 * Current odds to win the Super Bowl Green Bay Packers -- 13/2 New England Patriots -- 15/2 New Orleans Saints -- 10/1 Denver Broncos -- 12/1 (improved from 50/1 on Feb. 6) Note the over under in INTS at 16.5 ! 4K yards with a fresh crop of receivers seems like a lot as well. Go Vegas!
    Posted by Philskiw1

After all this seemingly endless Peyton propaganga, I'm beginning to remember why it was that I couldn't stomach Ol' Horseface.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I was in Vegas this past weekend and they had the following as of 3/13: Green Bay 5-1 New England 11-2 New Orleans 6-1 Pittsburgh 10-1 New York Giants 12-1 The Colts were the biggest surprise in the top half at like 30 or 40-1, Tampa Bay was also a surprise on the bottom of the list.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

The Packers do appear to be the team to beat. Where are the 49ers?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Posted by wozzy

Maybe.  If he goes to SF do you have them as hand down favorites in the NFC?  I don't.  I'd still say GB is the favorite and SF is kind of lumped with NO, NYG, maybe Philly/Detroit/Chicago.  I might give SF the edge over those teams because of the weaker division they have a better shot at a bye.  The NFC is much deeper and in the AFC teams like Balt and Pitt are filled with players on the downside of their career. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys : Maybe.  If he goes to SF do you have them as hand down favorites in the NFC?  I don't.  I'd still say GB is the favorite and SF is kind of lumped with NO, NYG, maybe Philly/Detroit/Chicago.  I might give SF the edge over those teams because of the weaker division they have a better shot at a bye.  The NFC is much deeper and in the AFC teams like Balt and Pitt are filled with players on the downside of their career. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

Sf has the best defense out of that bunch. That is the biggest difference, also the o-line is very, very good, if not the best.

As Wozzy said, if his priority was winning championships he would have gone to SF(also as Prime Time said) it is clear that was not his priority.

He is not a competitor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Or, he may have just felt the AFC is easier, but I don't subscribe to that necessarily. I think the NFC is defintiley even or now slightly above the AFC, but that can change in one season.

Teams that could lose an edge next year are NOs and Detroit.  SF, too, if ALex Smith flips them the bird.  Smith has some serious leverage in that negotiation, as does Brees in NOs.

In the AFC, Houston is ascending, so is KC, Cincy and now BUffalo has rattled the cage a bit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys :      The Packers do appear to be the team to beat. Where are the 49ers?
    Posted by TexasPat3

Don't recall. They were somewhere in the top 6 or 7. May have even been ahead of Pittsburgh and NY.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys : Sf has the best defense out of that bunch. That is the biggest difference, also the o-line is very, very good, if not the best. As Wozzy said, if his priority was winning championships he would have gone to SF(also as Prime Time said) it is clear that was not his priority. He is not a competitor.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Guy typing on keyboard says guy trying to play football after multiple neck surgeries is "not a competitor". 

I just don't agree that Peyton has a better chance to win the next 3-4 years in SF than he does in Den for the reasons I've already stated.  If Peyton is the big fish, the NFC is the big pond and the AFC is the small pond.

SF actually had a very poor pass defense last year, any good QB they saw had a big day, Manning/Brees/Vick/Stafford/Romo.  NYG, Chicago, and Detroit all have comparable D's to San Fran's.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

First: 2/27/2012
    Last: 3/20/2012
    Why was my post deleted?

Sorry Rusty, internet has been slow all week and it posted 2X, but you with your ightning speed got right to task.  Let me guess .. cornerback back in your playing days?

I cant stomach Elway either. Never could. I think it had to do when he held out. Kinda the same thing I think about Eli. Well Archie lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Posted by wozzy

The whole Manning family has been blinded by greed for years. Screw them all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Strange picture.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl

It's that neck.  It must be 6 inches long!

I give him six games before he has to quit.  Maybe a 25% chance of finishing the season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lloydchristmas. Show lloydchristmas's posts

Strange picture. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl It's that neck.  It must be 6 inches long! I give him six games before he has to quit.  Maybe a 25% chance of finishing the season.
    Posted by Paul_K

yeah, maybe if he would build up his upper back/traps a little he wouldnt have so many neck issues

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys":
    wouldnt be surprised to see manning get close to 20 int's this season Posted by redsoxfan94
    He'll be decent, but no way he gets back to his glory days. Broncos improve only slightly--10-6 maybe.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys":
    In Response to Re: Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys : yeah, maybe if he would build up his upper back/traps a little he wouldnt have so many neck issues Posted by lloydchristmas
    That actually could be part of the trouble. I never noticed his neck being that long, but it could be the culprit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In response to "Re: Manning's ODDS with the Donkeys": That actually could be part of the trouble. I never noticed his neck being that long, but it could be the culprit.
    Posted by TheExaminer

He has a massive forehead. His brother had the same problem in high school. He had to quit. Apparently, Gomer thinks he's above that.

Sections
Shortcuts