Mannings Thrown THREE dropped picks so far

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Mannings Thrown THREE dropped picks so far

!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveNorthShore. Show DaveNorthShore's posts

Re: Mannings Thrown THREE dropped picks so far

These things drive me nuts.  You watch an Indy game (like last weeks Chiefs game) where Indy should lose by 10 but the other team makes enough unforced errors to let Indy pull it out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

2 Actually, and the first drop was fortunate, because he fumbled when he hit the ground because the colts came up with the ball.  It was on a 3rd down, so the Redskins really didn't lose anything because the colts had to punt.  Most fortunate non-int ever. 

And it should have been an INT.  the guy took 3 steps.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

undernutttts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

I'm an IndyLove fan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Now manning should have been picked 3 times

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Mannings Thrown THREE dropped picks so far:
    [QUOTE]!!!
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]
    If they are dropped, they are not picks. Duh!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Mannings Thrown THREE dropped picks so far:
    [QUOTE]These things drive me nuts.  You watch an Indy game (like last weeks Chiefs game) where Indy should lose by 10 but the other team makes enough unforced errors to let Indy pull it out
    Posted by DaveNorthShore[/QUOTE]
    You mean kind of like today's game?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I told you guys, he's lost some accuracy. Might have a shoulder injury. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Come on, guys. Did anyone really expect the Redskins to win this game? Dropped picks aside, the Colts gave the 'Skins plenty of chances to win. But, they couldn't get it done...and the better team won.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]I told you guys, he's lost some accuracy. Might have a shoulder injury. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

49pat - don't recall if you were the one I responded to last week, but there is a rumor that Manning's got an injury.  I provided a link to that unsubstantiated rumor last week. 

If I recall correctly, its a nerve issue that is affecting his arm.  True or not, who knows. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'll say one thing. That one handed, diving, jumping grab Garcon made was one of the best catches I've ever seen. He didn't even cradle the ball he just grabbed it.

As for the dropped picks, That's why Washington hasn't won anything in a long time. They're just not that good yet but Shanahan is steering them in the right direction. Haynesfield's absence didn't help the cause either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]I'll say one thing. That one handed, diving, jumping grab Garcon made was one of the best catches I've ever seen. He didn't even cradle the ball he just grabbed it. As for the dropped picks, That's why Washington has won anything in a long time. They're just not that good yet but Shanahan is steering them in the right direction. Haynesfield's absence didn't help the cause either.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I agree.  you just don't do it BACK-HANDED.  That said, his "hands" are not THAT good. 

As for the lack of ints.  Maybe there SHOULD have been actually 2 and COULD have been as many as 4.  Regardless, the Skins got their Turnovers and did not take advantage. 

With all of the colts injuries and the washington opportunities, the skins blew this. 

BTW - the final Int by Francisco was pretty sweet too.  Not bad for a UDFA, that the colts cut and had to bring back (to START no less) because of the loss of Sanders and Bullitt. 

Thank god for the bye week. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mannings Thrown THREE dropped picks so far : I agree.  you just don't do it BACK-HANDED.  That said, his "hands" are not THAT good.  As for the lack of ints.  Maybe there SHOULD have been actually 2 and COULD have been as many as 4.  Regardless, the Skins got their Turnovers and did not take advantage.  With all of the colts injuries and the washington opportunities, the skins blew this.  BTW - the final Int by Francisco was pretty sweet too.  Not bad for a UDFA, that the colts cut and had to bring back (to START no less) because of the loss of Sanders and Bullitt.  Thank god for the bye week. 
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

That was nice grab.

One thing I'm starting to think is that both the Pats and the Colts teams are starting to shape into what they looked like 5 or 6 years ago. That Game in Nov looks like it's going to be real throw back to earlier on in the decade. It's a little early but I'm hoping for snow that game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

E - we can't have these teams shaping into that - that was still the period when the pats were beating the colts.  I like the most recent period better. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Funny thing is this: you guys are discussing whether Manning's poor performance is due to an injury, but Manning is still the NFL's top-rated QB!  (Unless you count Vick, who has only played in three games...)  And you're quick to point out Manning's almost interceptions, but did you notice Brady had two actual ones? 

Anyway, away from the world of statistics, I watched most of that NE/Baltimore game, and I thought it was the best game I've seen all year.  Pretty evenly matched.  I was impressed with the Pats - I didn't think they'd hang quite that well with Baltimore.  In the end, I think your team won one they didn't deserve to win.  That's not an insult: the really good teams find a way to do that.  (Just take a look at my Colts' last four wins against the Texans prior to the Texans' big win in the season opener this year.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mannings Thrown THREE dropped picks so far : 49pat - don't recall if you were the one I responded to last week, but there is a rumor that Manning's got an injury.  I provided a link to that unsubstantiated rumor last week.  If I recall correctly, its a nerve issue that is affecting his arm.  True or not, who knows. 
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

IDK, but when I told you that he might have an injury you said I was just being a Bias Pats fan. =)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

[QUOTE]I'll say one thing. That one handed, diving, jumping grab Garcon made was one of the best catches I've ever seen. He didn't even cradle the ball he just grabbed it. As for the dropped picks, That's why Washington hasn't won anything in a long time. They're just not that good yet but Shanahan is steering them in the right direction. Haynesfield's absence didn't help the cause either.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

As much as I dislike the  Colts, that catch was SICK.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE] I was impressed with the Pats - I didn't think they'd hang quite that well with Baltimore.  In the end, I think your team won one they didn't deserve to win.  That's not an insult: the really good teams find a way to do that.  Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

You may have a point, Jules. If I'm Ravens fan I'm screaming about Harbaugh's uber-conservatism throughout the game. He's right, I suppose, to trust his defense to protect the lead, but Baltimore had at least two key occasions when they could have broken the Pats' collective back yesterday on fourth-and-next-to-nothing and didn't have the sack to go for the jugular (if you'll pardong the mixed metaphor).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveNorthShore. Show DaveNorthShore's posts

Unless the Pats game yesterday was a fluke the meeting with Indy later this year could have playoff ranking implications.

Jules - agree but note 1 of TB's interceptions was the Hail Mary in the end zone at the end of regulation.

We could end up with Indy, Pitt, Baltimore, NYJ, Pats, Tenn/Houston all in the 10-12 win category and somebody losing out on a tiebreaker

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

What did you think of the colts throwing the ball three times with 2:30 left not forcing skins to use a time out? i know  hart was the rb at that point but still...
    i think caldwell is a doofus

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]What did you think of the colts throwing the ball three times with 2:30 left not forcing skins to use a time out? i know  hart was the rb at that point but still... i think caldwell is a doofus
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

I hear ya.  Last year when Belichick went for it on 4th and 2, he confirmed it.

Sections
Shortcuts