Manti Te'o GF death a hoax?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Re: Manti Te'o GF death a hoax?

literally

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

In response to bredbru's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Maybe he got fooled by the "they can't put anything on the internet thats not true" trick, and thougt she was a French model...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bufTna0WArc

low,

no hes complicit in a lie. the question is was he fooled by his friend or complicitous with his friend who created the profile. the "death"of the girfriend, playing it up, repeateed that lie again and again on natl tv, are at teh least all teo lies. with the evidence so far unearthed, if it is at it appears, he was involved in creating the account. to what puirpose, unless his boddy tells all , may never be known.

to alleviate peer pressure to have a girlfirend?

to hide being gay?

or the most likely, something to do with fame (ie a better story)? 

Well I was only +1ing because I thought it was very funny not that I thought he really got caught by the everything is real on the internet thing lol

...but thanks for looking out for me in case I was that gullable :)

gotcha

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

How does the media ALWAYS get a free pass with this stuff? Not one reporter writing the story tried to do any really digging into it back when it all was being reported? (The imaginary death I mean)

There was some ESPN link with just an audio interview with the guy for ESPN that did the Manti story piece and he states in it that he searched for the obit but there was none which promted him to ask Manti, in the interview for the piece, if he could contact the family or have a photo of the girl for the story and Manti quickly said no to everything and that it was a private matter.

He then goes on to say something similar to oh well in hindsight I guess it all does seem a little fishy but I never checked into anything.

If that is not a "Come on, man" or "do your homework" moment I don't know what is.

actually that guy is very suspect. hes running very hard with notre dame's side (aka their high priced pr firm's) of the story. people who get paid th big bucks are running i this thing right now.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

You know what I'm not sure if I don't believe that Te'o believed it was real but some hoax that grew it's own legs and took over. Listen most football players aren't the brightest people in the world to begin with so do I believe this could have happened without Te'o figuring it out, yep. Do these type of relationships actually happen, yep all the time (there is a whole show about it called Catfish!). Appearently the story is that they actually had a girl calling and talking with him, possible even meeting up with him.

Now a number of things could have happened but I think it comes down to three things:

1) He was part of the hoax from the beginning

2) He was the victum of a very elabrate hoax, which in this reality MTV/Jackass/Catfish era happens to more people than you realise. At some point he figured it out but was so embarrashed that he might have thought the only way to maintain face is to kill the fake girl off. Word gets out and it grows legs and takes on a life of it's own and Te'o can't stop it at that point. At that point he has to keep it going and hopes the story dies or admit he was hoaxed and lied (not the best option)

3) He was completely fooled up to the end and was just that guilable

Frankly I think the truth is closer to option 2 because people can be just that cruel

Option 2 seems the most plausible.

EXCEPT...Te'o said he MET HER after a game at Stanford. Talked about "her warm smile and soulful eyes."

The dude was in on the scam. Maybe for sympathy Heisman votes. Maybe to hide other aspects of his personal life.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Phone Post

Great stuff TFB12!

"These Te'o jokes are all very funny but let's all try and remember that a person who never existed is dead."  - Seth Meyers

That is hilarious!

+1!

LMAO!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

It wouldn't surprise me if it eventually comes to light that Manti is gay. Than, this whole story makes sense, from his standpoint. It would give him cover for not dating, and for not having a girlfriend. It also would win him sympathy votes for the Heisman, and might even serve to help the cause towards raising both awareness and money in the fight against leukemia.   

I think that is it.

Think about it; a Mormon, going to a Catholic school, playing on the football team, and being a Heisman candidate. Dude would have tail ALL OVER HIM!

Just imagine the immensity of the social pressure he would feel at having to stay in the closet?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

You know what I'm not sure if I don't believe that Te'o believed it was real but some hoax that grew it's own legs and took over. Listen most football players aren't the brightest people in the world to begin with so do I believe this could have happened without Te'o figuring it out, yep. Do these type of relationships actually happen, yep all the time (there is a whole show about it called Catfish!). Appearently the story is that they actually had a girl calling and talking with him, possible even meeting up with him.

Now a number of things could have happened but I think it comes down to three things:

1) He was part of the hoax from the beginning

2) He was the victum of a very elabrate hoax, which in this reality MTV/Jackass/Catfish era happens to more people than you realise. At some point he figured it out but was so embarrashed that he might have thought the only way to maintain face is to kill the fake girl off. Word gets out and it grows legs and takes on a life of it's own and Te'o can't stop it at that point. At that point he has to keep it going and hopes the story dies or admit he was hoaxed and lied (not the best option)

3) He was completely fooled up to the end and was just that guilable

Frankly I think the truth is closer to option 2 because people can be just that cruel

Option 2 seems the most plausible.

EXCEPT...Te'o said he MET HERafter a game at Stanford. Talked about "her warm smile and soulful eyes."

The dude was in on the scam. Maybe for sympathy Heisman votes. Maybe to hide other aspects of his personal life.

My biggest question with this is, how did they meet online? Unless you're seeking out an online relationship, it's very hard to get into one.

Here's a new theory that's gaining steam: He's gay. I believe he is mormon and is also playing football. I bring up playing football because I'm not sure if any NFL players have come out yet and I can imagine it would be very difficult. It's an issue that hasn't really been discussed that much in pro football.

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo was said to be a friend of Manti Te'os. Apparently there are many photo's of them together. Maybe he decided to play a harmless prank on his buddy that ended up escalating more than anticipated. Maybe. But to play a prank on a friend for 3 years?! I find that highly unlikely. Tuiasosopo is the man believed to be behind the twitter account. From news accounts, Manti's Notre Dame teammates new his girlfriend wasn't real. Hard for me to believe Manti would believe she was real. Maybe they started the fake twitter convo's to throw the general public off? Honestly, even this story doesn't make a lot of sense. The whole thing makes no sense!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Whoops, didn't realize the gay thing was already brought up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Whoops, didn't realize the gay thing was already brought up.

yup.

more stuff oming out:

thamel-sports illustrated

my underline added.

For the interview on Sunday afternoon Te'o and I sat in the linebacker meeting room in Notre Dame's football facility and he looked straight at me as he spoke. His eyes welled up at times. The only time he didn't speak with confidence was when I asked how they met. I didn't press him, as it was clearly something he didn't want to share. I suspected they may have met online, understood he wouldn't have wanted that public and moved on.

It was the beginning of July. She and I, man, we had this relationship where it was just amazing. With all that time on her hands in the hospital, she was never thinking about herself and what was hurting here. She was always thinking about others. She went on and wrote a letter to me before every game. Things that she would want me to know. So yeah.

there's more but i gotta run.

jsut gonna ad, someone capable of pulling off this lie (which at some point it was no matter if he started the hoax or not), has some serious emotional and psychological issues.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

He said he met her at the Stanford game.

You cannot meet someone who doesn't exist.

After his showing against Alabama and the Psych evaluation he will have to go through to be picked in the draft I say he is a 3rd rounder at best.