Manti Te'o's press conference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Manti Te'o's press conference

Like a Boss!

Dude nailed that press conference at the combine, he didn't have to do it, but he did it!  Tough questions and handled it very well.  Didn't shy away from any question.  Stand up guy, imo!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Manti Te'o's press conference

In response to TFB12's comment:

Like a Boss!

Dude nailed that press conference at the combine, he didn't have to do it, but he did it!  Tough questions and handled it very well.  Didn't shy away from any question.  Stand up guy, imo!

STAND UP? i listened. he spoke of being asked to tell teh truth. then lied his @ss off in teh rest of the interview and gave self serving justifications. hed been better off not speaking. if he said the same things in private interviews, id go nowhere near him. o k player. very fragile psychologically and or sociopathic. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

ya sorry TB12 but I am with Brdbreu on this one. There is no doubt in my mind that Manti Teo was in on this fake girlfriend scheme from the beginning to garner publicity for his Heisman run. Thats why he continued to lie after "she" was exposed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

ya sorry TB12 but I am with Brdbreu on this one. There is no doubt in my mind that Manti Teo was in on this fake girlfriend scheme from the beginning to garner publicity for his Heisman run. Thats why he continued to lie after "she" was exposed.

hey quag, i tend to think that may be the case with what i have learned till now.

however my comments were not about what really hapenned, but commmenting on what i heard from the combine interview in his words. not a bit of honesty imo. and who is completley ohonest in a job interview, but when you are in on using the all of the worlds emotions for yoru benefit (at the very least after you claim you found out) and you sitll played the worlds feelings talking about your "girlfriend" on national tv after teh game long after you claimed to know...

then you have to do som etruth telling when asked about it i think. and imo he was lying his butt off during the interview wehn asked about it. he should havf eat least said no comment.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey, that's your opinions and that's fine but I totally disagree.  He answered every question asked to him.  Never gave a non answer, never side stepped a question. He owned it today in that combine interview.

When this first came out I was like man, the guy was in on it the whole time.  But as things unfolded and the more I heard his story and the more research I did on people being catfished I believe the guy.  I believe he had no idea that it was a scam.  Thousands of people are getting punked by people they become friends with on the internet.  Have you seen the show catfish?  If not, check it out on MTV.  Heck, find the original documentary and watch it, it will blow your mind. 

Now, is it possible he later on learned that it was a hoax and kept it going? Possibly, but only to the point of being confused, young, embarrased and not knowing how to get out of this messed up and embarrasing situation he found himself in.  Finally the story breaks and here he is having to admit that he fell hard for a scam.  Plus, Notre Dame came out in full support of him.  I'm pretty sure they did some very indepth investigating before they came out and supported him.

Now back to the football side of this.  Should this hurt when and where he gets drafted?  It shouldn't, if you believe him.  He did mention all the teams asked him about it during individual interviews.  If he came accross to the teams as he did in the open combine interview then he has no worries.  I think his talent was exposed against Alabama but I think he will work on his quickness and the more experience he gets the better he willbe at the pro level.  At the end of the day I think he will be a pretty good LB. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Hey, that's your opinions and that's fine but I totally disagree.  He answered every question asked to him.  Never gave a non answer, never side stepped a question. He owned it today in that combine interview.

When this first came out I was like man, the guy was in on it the whole time.  But as things unfolded and the more I heard his story and the more research I did on people being catfished I believe the guy.  I believe he had no idea that it was a scam.  Thousands of people are getting punked by people they become friends with on the internet.  Have you seen the show catfish?  If not, check it out on MTV.  Heck, find the original documentary and watch it, it will blow your mind. 

Now, is it possible he later on learned that it was a hoax and kept it going? Possibly, but only to the point of being confused, young, embarrased and not knowing how to get out of this messed up and embarrasing situation he found himself in.  Finally the story breaks and here he is having to admit that he fell hard for a scam.  Plus, Notre Dame came out in full support of him.  I'm pretty sure they did some very indepth investigating before they came out and supported him.

Now back to the football side of this.  Should this hurt when and where he gets drafted?  It shouldn't, if you believe him.  He did mention all the teams asked him about it during individual interviews.  If he came accross to the teams as he did in the open combine interview then he has no worries.  I think his talent was exposed against Alabama but I think he will work on his quickness and the more experience he gets the better he willbe at the pro level.  At the end of the day I think he will be a pretty good LB. 

hey bro, how goes.

re:

"Hey, that's your opinions and that's fine but I totally disagree"

absolutley man. its totally cool for intelligent people to disagree on somehting in life. in fact it's healthy.

that some need to kill each other (or bash) when they disagree is qquite unhealthy.

party/patriiot on tfb

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Now that the process of the first interview is over, lets all agree Manti is an above average LB talent but nothing special. The Pats have no use for him as a football player, regardless of the girlfriend hoax issue. Wouldn't surprise me if he falls into the 2nd round based on talent, not the hoax.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Now that the process of the first interview is over, lets all agree Manti is an above average LB talent but nothing special. The Pats have no use for him as a football player, regardless of the girlfriend hoax issue. Wouldn't surprise me if he falls into the 2nd round based on talent, not the hoax.

I agree that he's not that special as a player. i feel for the guy he got duped on the Internet   If he was a regular joe it'd be forgotten by now.  We need a pass rush. Love to get someone opposite jones that teams would have to decide which side they put the blocking te on. Wilfork needs a big friend. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

agree on most of this, but teo is projected by nealry everyone to be picked in the 1st rd. i for one hope he goes before 29 pushing another palyre to us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Like a Boss!

Spare me. I'm sick of this guy and his stupid story...which the media has run over, and over, and over, and over, AND over again.

As a player, he appears to be undersized to play ILB in the NFL. Don't know if he's fast enough to play on the outside. His physical limitations, the tale of stupidity, and his poor performance in the National Championship loss to Alabama likely will lead to him falling out of first round consideration. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Like a Boss!

Spare me. I'm sick of this guy and his stupid story...which the media has run over, and over, and over, and over, AND over again.

As a player, he appears to be undersized to play ILB in the NFL. Don't know if he's fast enough to play on the outside. His physical limitations, the tale of stupidity, and his poor performance in the National Championship loss to Alabama likely will lead to him falling out of first round consideration. 

Imagine how he feels.  The guy probably wants all of this to just go away but it won't.  The press keeps it going but I think he has handled it very well, that's all I'm saying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Like a Boss!

Imagine how he feels.  The guy probably wants all of this to just go away but it won't.  The press keeps it going but I think he has handled it very well, that's all I'm saying.

I still find it hard to believe that this kid got so taken it. Here's a guy who is the "Big Man on Campus"...and could have had his choice of women. Yet, he falls for some woman over the phone with a medical condition, and forsakes all others?? Forgive me for being skeptical, but this whole situation smells.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Like a Boss!

I still find it hard to believe that this kid got so taken it. Here's a guy who is the "Big Man on Campus"...and could have had his choice of women. Yet, he falls for some woman over the phone with a medical condition, and forsakes all others?? Forgive me for being skeptical, but this whole situation smells.   

Agree.  The guy is a turd.  His performance in the Natl' Championship Game was pathetic, at best.  He was clearly in on the "fake girl-friend scheme" as he continued to lie about it after
    it was proven that he knew about it.  He was slow at the combine and looked soft and out of shape.  I wouldn't touch this clown.  He will be the joke of whichever locker-room he ends up in. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Rumor has it he's not into girls.  "Not that there's anything wrong with that"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Rumor has it he's not into girls.  "Not that there's anything wrong with that"

Wouldn't shock anyone if this rumor is true.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Wasn't Bruschi too small and too slow to play in the NFL?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Wasn't Bruschi too small and too slow to play in the NFL?

Bruschi didn't lie about fake girlfriends to try and gain sympathy heisman votes.  Any NFL locker-room will eat this clown alive.