Manti's Manties

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Manti's Manties

There's a reason he's dropped. No doubt he has the skills but, coaches and GM's surely saw something in him that was a red flag. I think I know what it is but, I'm not going there. 

Let's put it this way "There's something about Manti". 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Manti's Manties

What have you heard? I heard he could have been drafted in the 1st by 3 teams but he kept rejecting phone calls thinking it was another catfish....  poor kid

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I thought he played poorly toward the end of the season.  I'm not sure he's really as good as some thought earlier in the season and I suspect a lot of NFL GMs have come to that conclusion too.  Add the off-field stuff and I wouldn't be surprised to see him slip all the way to the third round.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

No front office cares about the fake girlfriend thing.  The tape says he isn't a 1st rounder.  End of story.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to mrbungle's comment:

There's a reason he's dropped. No doubt he has the skills but, coaches and GM's surely saw something in him that was a red flag. I think I know what it is but, I'm not going there. 

Let's put it this way "There's something about Manti". 

Yeah, they saw him get steamrolled by the Tide offense, and started thinking how much worse it might be in the NFL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Manti is holding out for the Squealer becasue they have Imaginary Cheer Leaders!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Seriously - I think it has more to do with the almighty tape measure. As teams measure more and more things with the prospects, they open their eyes less and less to the actual player on the field. A nobody shocks everyone with a fast 40 and he becomes a top 15 draft pick, while the guy that has 4 years of good tape suddenly disappears because of a bad day at the combine.

Running fast in a straight line in your underwear only proves that you can do that one skill - not that you can actually get open running a route, or tackle when you track down a ball carrier.

T'eo had a couple of bads games at the end of the year, and suddenly the previous years of great games don't mean much.

The ultimate is the USC QB who has dropped 30 spots already by going back for one more year of school and playing behind a less than good front line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Te'o, geno smith and honey badger all sitting in a room complimenting each other on their fine 10 foot pole marks 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

I think part of the issue is he's really only a 3-4 MLB, IMO. So, a 3-4 team has to be the one to take him.

That limits where he can go.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Baltimore take him later on.  They're in dire need for MLB help.

Agreed! He'll be off the board as soon as the Ravens make their next pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Hey Rusty, you must admit that Ravens D is rounding in to form.. I think our bet will come down to the wire. Either way good luck bro.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

The Elam pick was a good one.. Can't say it wasn't..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

I think part of the issue is he's really only a 3-4 MLB, IMO. So, a 3-4 team has to be the one to take him.

That limits where he can go.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Baltimore take him later on.  They're in dire need for MLB help.

Problem is that Harbaugh's body language was negative when Manti was performing at the Combine. I don't think his pro day change the coach's mind on him.

15. This post has been removed.