Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/16/marcellus-wiley-says-nfl-culture-still-has-no-tolerance-for-homosexuality/

duh

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

Re: Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality

In Response to Re: Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality:
    Where is NFL culture supposed to have tolerance for a "lifestyle" that violates basic biology, has an average lifespan of some 43 years, and demands that society subsume itself to that lifestyle instead of adapting to biological and cultural reality?
    Posted by STP43FAN

That may be the most ridiculous post I've ever read. "Adapting to biological and cultural reality"?? The reality is that homosexuality has been pervasive in human existence for far longer than any modern culture (i.e. thousands of years prior to the formation of the United States). It has and always will be an integral part of society whether close minded individuals like yourself choose to believe it or not.

Average lifespan of 43 years? Where do you get this drivel?

You are clearly the one that needs to adapt (as is the NFL).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality:
    In Response to Re: Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality : That may be the most ridiculous post I've ever read. "Adapting to biological and cultural reality"?? The reality is that homosexuality has been pervasive in human existence for far longer than any modern culture (i.e. thousands of years prior to the formation of the United States). It has and always will be an integral part of society whether close minded individuals like yourself choose to believe it or not. Average lifespan of 43 years? Where do you get this drivel? You are clearly the one that needs to adapt (as is the NFL).
    Posted by PatsFanUK

He got his info on this subject from the place where that happy couple got kicked outta their great vacation spot because a meany snake dupped them into eating some rotten fruit that was the sole property of Jonny Applesead Inc..  This story's mixed with whatever he happens across reading in the supermarket checkout aisle...  Large scale conjecture coupled with classic Hardy Boys's detective work, Simply fills in the blank-spots.

~One'a my best friends professed his homosexuality when he went away to College...  When we both came home on break, we met up and he inevitably told me.  I happened to be the last of our group of close friends that he revealed this to, Because apparently I had made some informal & derisive remarks about being gay back when I was a High Shooler...ya know, Ignorant and stup#d?  ....Props and Extreme Respect for the person who was enough of a REAL Man to start up this thread subject... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Women aren't accepted either.  The reasons for this are as basic as human nature.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality : That may be the most ridiculous post I've ever read. "Adapting to biological and cultural reality"?? The reality is that homosexuality has been pervasive in human existence for far longer than any modern culture (i.e. thousands of years prior to the formation of the United States). It has and always will be an integral part of society whether close minded individuals like yourself choose to believe it or not. Average lifespan of 43 years? Where do you get this drivel? You are clearly the one that needs to adapt (as is the NFL).
    Posted by PatsFanUK

And speaking of drivel:

"It has and always will be an integral part of society . . . "

The fact that aberrant behavior exists (or is even "pervasive" -- altthough you don't appear to know what that means, either) does not make it a necessary component of any society. People have been happily banging away at farm animals since the beginning of time, too. Is that an "integral" part of society whether closed-minded individuals choose to accept it or not? Incest has only been out of fashion (most places) for a relatively short time, in the grand scheme of things. Will society as we know it crumble without that?

Don't drop your deviant behavior on my doorstep and demand my acceptance of it as your right. Frankly, I don't give a jolly god damn with whom -- or what -- most peope choose (yes, choose) to have sex. What I object too is those people waving their choices in my face and labelling me a bigot if I don't stand up and cheer as the parade goes by.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Posted by PatsFanUK

Enjoy the UK, This board is about football. I understand the thread you were answering but we really don't need to air the frictions of the world here. Everyone has beliefs which lead them to personal view of this subject.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality : And speaking of drivel: "It has and always will be an integral part of society . . . " The fact that aberrant behavior exists (or is even "pervasive" -- altthough you don't appear to know what that means, either) does not make it a necessary component of any society. People have been happily banging away at farm animals since the beginning of time, too. Is that an "integral" part of society whether closed-minded individuals choose to accept it or not? Incest has only been out of fashion (most places) for a relatively short time, in the grand scheme of things. Will society as we know it crumble without that? Don't drop your deviant behavior on my doorstep and demand my acceptance of it as your right. Frankly, I don't give a jolly god damn with whom -- or what -- most peope choose (yes, choose) to have sex. What I object too is those people waving their choices in my face and labelling me a bigot if I don't stand up and cheer as the parade goes by.
    Posted by p-mike

Amen, brother Mike. Great post!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Personally, gay, straight, bi, curious, I dont care.  Much like religion, as long as no one pushes it on me I dont bother them and they dont bother me.  Some of the nicest and best people I have met are in each of those catagories

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality : And speaking of drivel: "It has and always will be an integral part of society . . . " The fact that aberrant behavior exists (or is even "pervasive" -- altthough you don't appear to know what that means, either) does not make it a necessary component of any society. People have been happily banging away at farm animals since the beginning of time, too. Is that an "integral" part of society whether closed-minded individuals choose to accept it or not? Incest has only been out of fashion (most places) for a relatively short time, in the grand scheme of things. Will society as we know it crumble without that? Don't drop your deviant behavior on my doorstep and demand my acceptance of it as your right. Frankly, I don't give a jolly god damn with whom -- or what -- most peope choose (yes, choose) to have sex. What I object too is those people waving their choices in my face and labelling me a bigot if I don't stand up and cheer as the parade goes by.
    Posted by p-mike

I happen to agree and thought about writing a similiar comment but I wasn't in the mood to face a sh*t storm of emotions from those who think they are reinvigorating the MLK Jr. civil rights fight over something that is really not in the same ballpark. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Where is NFL culture supposed to have tolerance for a "lifestyle" that violates basic biology, has an average lifespan of some 43 years, and demands that society subsume itself to that lifestyle instead of adapting to biological and cultural reality?
    Posted by STP43FAN

Are you blonde4? 

Violates basic biology? You never saw two male dogs humping? Honestly, you've never seen a homosexual animal? And the lifespan of 43 years? Hello, I would think that as a person who might be pious that you would have heard of Sodom and Gomorrah? If you're not religious, Alexander the great? 

Homosexuality has been around for more than 43 years. Heck, the term f@gg0t comes from the 13th century where homosexuals were burned under a "bundle of sticks"(hence the definition of the word) 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Now, I, as an openly liberal person when it comes to homosexuality, can understand why homosexuals would be shunned upon in the NFL. 

These men shower with each other, that already is an uncomfortable act in itself. For the same reasons why a woman wouldn't want to shower in a room full of men I can understand why NFL players would not be willing to accept a gay man.

I with Mordecai, I'm not gay, I don't care if you are. What you do is your own business, not mine. Your homosexuality does not effect me in any way and you are still a human being, I will treat you with the utmost respect as long as I am treated the same.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Good looking women have no tolerance for Fat, balding men either. Life just isn't fair and everyone's picking on me lately. I expect Wiley will do a story on this phenomenon in the near future.

As for Bigotry just ask a former homosexual that turned straight how they were treated by the gay community after the fact. I happen to know a women who did and was forced to find another job because of the harassment she faced from her gay coworkers on a daily basis..Any recourse in court for that yet?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I personally don't care if someone is homosexual or not.  However, as a personality type, I don't like the whole gay guy acting like a girl thing... or masculine acting women.. not a huge issue, just annoying.  We have moved past gay rights to gay demands, it seems typical of disenfranchised groups to get strident when they achieve victory, and that is also annoying.  Now it is not enough to tolerate, we must accept and nurture.  Gay has become a culture, like hip hop or ANY culture, and some of the attendant fashions and attitudes are unappealing to me.  Just like the kids wearing their pants around their knees is annoying, no more or less.  I also don't really care if NFL players are not tolerant of gay people, its their life and right to their opinion.  I don't look to NFL players as examples as I feel the majority of them are isolated from reality pretty much from high school on, and are either thugs or prima donnas or both.  So I am not disappointed when they fail, or do wrong, or say things I don't care for or agree with.  I just want them to play football, and if they fail outside that endevor, to be subject to the same penalties as anyone else.  No more, no less.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

If you like fishsticks in your mouth thats fine with me, i just don't see why it has to be celebrated.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

"Bible says two men ought not lay together"
    HMMM HEMMM

Sorry.. I had to

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If you have a problem with gays, that's fine. I don't really care what you do in your private life. 

You don't like Gays, Blacks, Jews, Asians, Latins, Caucasians, Catholics, Protestants, Buddhists, Muslims, Native Americans, Hindus or even Human beings, FINE! 

I believe that everyone has a right to be themselves. You are free to hate, in fact, do it publicly. Don't keep who you are in a closet. I'd rather someone tell me "I hate Deists" than hang around someone who secretly hates who I am while they are doing so with a smile on their face. 

I hate politically correctness, people should be who they are. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Good GOD Almighty what has this board come to when we start debating who/who dosen't accept queers an faggs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by PatsFanUK

Such anger. Maybe you'd be happier as a follower of tennis or ballroom dancing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmyjones666. Show Jimmyjones666's posts

If you have a problem with gays, that's fine. I don't really care what you do in your private life.  You don't like Gays, Blacks, Jews, Asians, Latins, Caucasians, Catholics, Protestants, Buddhists, Muslims, Native Americans, Hindus or even Human beings, FINE!  I believe that everyone has a right to be themselves. You are free to hate, in fact, do it publicly. Don't keep who you are in a closet. I'd rather someone tell me "I hate Deists" than hang around someone who secretly hates who I am while they are doing so with a smile on their face.  I hate politically correctness, people should be who they are. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

You seem to be the angry and hateful one here. STP Gave his view point and you start with the name calling. Typical liberal tactics. When you can't accept another view point call someone a  racist or a homophob. Yup, quite hateful and intolerant of others.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality : Such anger. Maybe you'd be happier as a follower of tennis or ballroom dancing.
    Posted by unclealfie

I was thinking showtunes and Greco-Roman wrestling.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

KanPat, see what you started on the Pats Football forum!!! Every queer, fagg an liberal come out the woodwork to argue!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

KanPat, see what you started on the Pats Football forum!!! Every queer, fagg an liberal come out the woodwork to argue!!!
    Posted by southnpatsfan

sorry my brother. this board had been pretty dull lately. thought i'd see what fans thought about NFLers and sugar boys.

as for me growing up in the military i learned to get along with all kinds of different color kids (black, brown, yellow. white, red) and accepted them equally. but i never saw any rainbow color kids. Tongue out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Just pointing out this is the Pats board. On the other, I was in the military also an learned to get along with all the above mentioned, so much so I married a black woman (I'm white) and might I add, best decision I've ever made!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

So I was listening to the news on the radio yesterday, And I guess The Republicans are all up in arms about the alleged news RE: one of their own (some Republican congresswoman I guess), Actually giving Obama and the Dems some minor advice @ His HealthCare Bill (I can only assume so that it would fly with the rep's in congress easier).  Some Republican compared it to: "A Major League Pitcher throwing a fastball at the head of a batter, just to see what would happen." 

And here's MY take on the issue:  I couldn't Agree MORE...  Some people (pssh...liberals) say that We should ALL be working Together and for the greater benefits of EVERYone...Yet, I say: Until you d#mb liberals start seeing that the world is DIVERSE and there needs to be the GREATER diversity of having differing opinions and viewpoints in order to get a fuller picture, more complete standpoints, etc., etc.. 

And see, THIS is precisely WHERE this issue on homosexuality arises.  It's terrible, terrible, Sickening behavior...like that other poster says, if you're gay then god strikes you down at age 43.  BUT HERE's the greater point people make mention of:  The Left liberals are so IN-to diversity and tolerance, BUT when it comes down to it, WHEN I say that Gays are subhuman, the liberals get mad & THEYyyy go and say that it is ME?! who's IN The WRONG!  In otherwords The Leftists are being Intolerant of my Intolerance...pretty hypocritical, huh?  
         ~ALSO, I know that in Paragraph 1 I stated that there are greater benefits to having diversity of differing viewpoints and people being at odds with one another, Rather Than people working together for everyone's benefit- And I know that the liberals will say that it sounds completely and totally at odds with the Intolerance of my intolerance on diversity, BUT see again THIS would be the leftists being Intolerant of MY intolerance on THEIR Intolerance of my original intolerance...

Liberals will probably say that this is some sort of double talk that fits MY own needs on whatever conflicting viewpoint I have, and blah, blah, blah...But Anyway, You Right Wingers know what I'm sayin here though, and that's what matters to me.  Liberals and Dems have ZERO rationality...These fellas don't get basic sense like, More Guns make us safer from those that're bad who have guns, And abortion is unwarrented and awful atrocious murder but assisted suicide is, well-other different stuff, And that poor people don't have less opportunities-just far less effort, And MAN-THAT IF Jesus were alive TOday, well-HE'd explain than me far better the Freedom of gun ownership, Non-freedom of women's, gay's, minority group's and underpriveldged rights, The Freedom of being able to KEEP your hard-earned money and not share if ya don't want to, and the Non-freedom of well, a buncha other stuff I'll come up with at the given time...   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Women aren't accepted either.  The reasons for this are as basic as human nature.
    Posted by shenanigan

You can write & pass all of the laws you want, but what they haven't figured out is that it wont change human nature. They may try to drive it underground, but as long as the thought exists, they will never extinguish it. People need to stop messing with the natural way things are. It's what's screwed up this country over the last 5 or so decades. An example would be passing a law that man can fly. Then when people jump off a bridge to their death because certain things can't be changed, they still can't figure out why passing a law did no good. 

Sections
Shortcuts