Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality

Like most straight men in the US, I am completely against homosexuality...except when it comes to hot lzzzzbians.

I stand by my principles.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Laz,
    I guess I hurt your feelings with my last post.  I'm going to spell out some things that I know you already understood. 

I don't mind you quoting me out of context, but pretending that you didn't see or understand the context of the entire post is a bit annoying.  Following this quote of mine that you posted.
    "3. Unlike race we are not talking about a genetic disposition that is "skin deep."  One of our main drives in life (for instinctual reasons) is to mate, procreate, raise children, and otherwise have a relationship with the opposite sex.  It drives us from adolescence and shapes the way we conduct our lives. Are they bigots for feeling that way- no way it is human nature."
    You then Posted:
    ~Also, WhatTH are'ya talkin' about shen?  Saying in effect, That It's "Alright (better-'Understandable')- To be a bigot or have hatred I guess, when faced with the confusion of being subject to, or aroound something, Which DOESN'T share the same 'Basic, god-given Instinctual Drives'?"  Like "Bats"...Shen, Do you wanna hate or kill EVERY bat on this planet.

Now here is where you completely ignored the sentence following my quote.  Which is:
    Nobody is condoning violence, we are not talking about marriage, we are saying an openly gay person in an NFL locker room would make most people uncomfortable.

So I guess to answer your question I will tell you to read that again.  I do not hate, condone violence or otherwise tolerate discrimmination against gays.  I am saying that people will be uncomfortable around them because... well it really should be quite obvious to anyone who does not have the head up the PC police's a** that they can't admit thier own feelings.  Here's a true story that happenned to you.  Guy comes in to work and says "You should have seen the size of the t*ts on the girl I fu**ed last night", and you reply with something just as crass.  Now guy comes in to work and says "you should have seen the di*k I sucked last night."  Maybe one day that will be cool, and all the guys will get a laugh, but I doubt it.  I'm telling you, and you know that if you remove all the crass language talk about sex, women and and everything else that you know damn well that you say around guys then you have edited your behaviour and are not as comfortable.  You can tell yourself that your evolved past that point but you and I know that you would only be blowing smoke up your own a**.

Now I guess you are not driven by a need or want to get laid by the opposite sex.  Congrats, and maybe you don't want and will never want kids, it would be rare if you made it into old age with that attitude but it's possible.  Me, i'm a pilot, why did I become a pilot?  So I could have lots of guy friends ofcourse.  That's why I do everything.  That's why I used to want to be a rockstar.  Because rockstars have lots of really cool guy friends that they play cards with with all night.  Do you believe that, you must because that's what your telling me.

Lastly, and the reason you are ticked at me, I would guess is I said you keep putting people that disagree with you in a stereotype.  First it was this conservative christian thing (even though nobody had mentioned christianity), and now it's if I think gays would make people in an NFL locker room uncomfortable than I must believe in violence and extermination of gays.  Just take what I write for what it is and don't try to toss some unpopular belief on me just to make it easier to disagree with me.  I don't have a problem with your opinion Laz.  I presume you to be an intelligent person with a differing viewpoint for your own very good reasons. 

BTW- the point of the guys quote above (part of it, don't know what he was saying in the last part) was that Jesus was a person.  That is a historical fact, whether he was the son of god or a crazy person who believed he was the son of god is a matter of religion but his existence on earth is not a fairy tale.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"3. Unlike race we are not talking about a genetic disposition that is "skin deep."  One of our main drives in life (for instinctual reasons) is to mate, procreate, raise children, and otherwise have a relationship with the opposite sex.  It drives us from adolescence and shapes the way we conduct our lives."

Again shen~ It is you yourself, who's stating larger things, Then adding bits and other pieces glued in all-together into some factual collage (man, took awhile ta find that right word).  Anyway, It just MIGHT have been presumptuous of me, taking you out of context by saying- That it is "O.k." to have bigotry in some form towards homosexuals...  BUT, I don't think it guess-work 1 single bit THAT-Your greater point was/is that:  It IS one of OUR MAIN Drives (i.e. "Instincts")-To Mate, Procreate, Raise Children, and otherwise Have a Relationship with the Opposite Sex."  AND therefore, I guess it was wrong of me? to conclude THAT: "When another person DOESN'T or isn't sharing/exhibiting this "Main Instinctual Drive", It IS (I'll put this better)-Awkward, Confusing, Odd & Strange FOR the rest of Us...  

I mean, ONLY later do you seem to be saying, 'Hold up Laz, I ONLY mean on the Football Field,' When you invoke your prior sentence about The NFL.  Sorry IF I'm wrong here (seriously)-By thinking that you meant "Not Sharing" those "Basic Drives", Is an oddity in the Real (non-NFL world too)...

And THIS:  "Now I guess you are not driven by a need or want to get laid by the opposite sex," Sorta makes me feel that-Yea, you sorta SHOULD "Read My First Post Again."  Yet again shen- You eem to be painting very broad and wild theoretical brushstrokes on a canvas, Then demanding that only parts of your panting actually "count," That we should only view precise, fixed points of your big paintstrokes...  Like your statement from above- Yet again, You re CLEARLY making a huge correlation and connection between an Animal Having a Sex Drive- AND connecting the dots of:  The Basic & Normal "Instinct" of Having A Sex Drive (i.e. To MATE), AND combining This WITH these traits: One of our main drives in life (for instinctual reasons) is to mate, AND: procreate, raise children, and otherwise have a relationship with the opposite sex 

And so, I'm saying this wild and zany thought that maybe, just perhaps- Wanting to marry & raise kids with a wife, just maybe & perhaps?: Is somewhat lesser "Basic Instinctual Drive" as perhaps, Having an urge to- ahh, hmm- F#ck something?  Again, you further exemplifying your generalization up top: h Laz dn't want a wife and some kiddies right at this point oof his life, Thennn="
    I guess you are not driven by a need or want to get laid by the opposite sex."

"Lastly, and the reason you are ticked at me, I would guess is I said you keep putting people that disagree with you in a stereotype...  I don't have a problem with your opinion Laz.  I presume you to be an intelligent person with a differing viewpoint for your own very good reasons."

THIS is TOTALLY unfair:  See, I don't stereotype or having biases and/or prejudices towards ANYone...   I'll give ya an example:  Ya see, I've often longed to have a slave.  But Laz fanatically believes in EQUALITY, Which is Why- IF I was offered a slave, I would ONLY accept a Rich White Person to be my slave (and yes, I'M white myself...which man, only further proves how into equality I am)...  Now I KNOW what you'll say, "Laz, What IF you had the choice between a Rich WHITE guy, Or A Rich BLACK guy?"  Again now, I just told ya that I'm comppletely INTO E-Quality, right?  So IF given that particular choice, My decision is really, I believe- Pretty Obvious To EVERYone here:  A: I'd take the Rich White Guy hands down; Then after he cleaned my house, I'd almost certainly, Loan him to the Rich Black Guy, So he could clean his house too...while we laughed at him.   

Now then, Upon TOTALLY dispelling the notion that I do NOT believe in equality, or that I, Laz, Stereotype...I'LL move on to crush this notion:

"You can tell yourself that your evolved past that point but you and I know that you would only be blowing smoke up your own a**."

~Sheez shen, HOW Highly do you think that I View Myself?   Shenanigan man, It's not like I ALWAYS believe I'm Right with my own opinions & conclusions, And that the next fella is WRONG with HIS opinions, theories & conclusions...
    It's more like this:  Does Laz have ALL the answers, AND ALL the CORRECT answers...?  God No!  It's simply that Laz ALWAYS has the "Better" Answers, than 99.999% of the rest of mankind...  So see, I'm NOT correct because I have THE Best Answers...I simply have far Less Dumb answers than the guy next to me (and that's what inevitably matters most).  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL, you guys sure like to gab

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

In Response to Re: Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality:
    there is more evidence/literature that Jesus Christ of naz. walked this earth than someone such as napoleon bonaparte  (non bible).  so don't compare harry potter to something that has clear evident facts. so you are telling me that because the first print of the bible was only 2000 years ago that im foolish.  so the Myans weren't really here.  It was under 2 years ago that they found a solid gold figure of a dude taking off rocketstyle with a breathing tube.  TECHNOLOGY BEFORE WE HAD IT.  must have been made today and put underground for fun.     ? don't get smart if you have simple logic. 
    Posted by ssmilloy36

there is also plenty of evidence and books that say muhhamed is the true messiah and that allah is god, so who is right, actually there are many more examples, its also funny how xians stole alot of hollidays from pagans, how many times the bible has been rewritten, keep believing its amuses me

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

In Response to Re: Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality:
    LOL, you guys sure like to gab
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Hahaha...and someone needs to tell Marcellus that football players shower with other dudes every day...haha just kidding...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Troy Aikman says "hey it worked for me so there..."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Is it all right to be intolerant of those with religious views other than those of the majority? The answer is no. Posted by Stay-Pro

How does that fit into freedom of choice? Has obama appointed an "intolerance czar"? Tell me where the words "celebrate diversity" or "intolerant" even appear in the US Constitution. How did this whole PC mania become an all-consuming national obsession? Our culture is becoming more and more like George Orwell's 1984 to me. 

It seems to me that a man has a constitutional right to be a bigot or to be as "intolerant" of  others' religions as he wants to be, as long as he's not connected to government, physically violent or threatening to those he opposes.  

"Bad" thoughts has not yet become a crime.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality : My thoughts/feelings exactly. I never understood though why when a minority does something it is ok and even get applauded for it. When a majority does the exact same thing it is racist or sexist....Ahh people are hypocrites...
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan

So where do you guys go to meet these types??? Wink Just checking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

If you have a problem with gays, that's fine. I don't really care what you do in your private life.  You don't like Gays, Blacks, Jews, Asians, Latins, Caucasians, Catholics, Protestants, Buddhists, Muslims, Native Americans, Hindus or even Human beings, FINE!  I believe that everyone has a right to be themselves. You are free to hate, in fact, do it publicly. Don't keep who you are in a closet. I'd rather someone tell me "I hate Deists" than hang around someone who secretly hates who I am while they are doing so with a smile on their face.  I hate politically correctness, people should be who they are. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

I am not sure if I hate Deists yet. What are they?? Is it catchy? Can I take a pill and be done with it?

Let me know then I will decide if I hate it, Thanks

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

KanPat, see what you started on the Pats Football forum!!! Every queer, fagg an liberal come out the woodwork to argue!!!
    Posted by southnpatsfan

Kind of a nice break in the day isn 't it?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality : Kind of a nice break in the day isn 't it?
    Posted by gmbill

This is amazing that the thread has gone for this long. This might be one of the best gay threads I've ever seen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

First, I like faust's part about Fred Flintstone riding the dinosaurs, which I'm now stealing for future use. Alright, Recall back when I made mention of my gay friend holding off telling me about his sexual preference due to some derisive and imbec#lic remarks I had made in passing as an id#otic HS-jock.  Now, What precisely I said to my friend Matt (don't think he'd mind me using his real name...there's probably like 3, maybe4 "Matt's" in the world, and you guys'll never guess which one specifically)-O.k., anyway WHAT precisely I said to "Matt" next, IS how This Situation influences having Homosexuals (or I guess, "Openly Admitted" Gays)- IN The NFL...  I said to Matt something akin to the following statement:  I said something much like, " Mannn, alright I was a scm#ck in HS, So let's get that part outta the way;  Now, It makes me sincerely sad & pretty regretful (on my end)-How you fellt that you couldn't come to me with this personal revelation.  Pal, here's the thing ya gotta get: At this point in my life, you're gonna be my friend no matter WhatTH your sexual preference is.  YET, You know me, right?  I got 1 single stipulation here, And It's that IF  you suddenly, and outta nowhere begin talk with some sort of weird lisp, or moving your arms & hands differently into some oddly flowing way when ya walk...THIS, I really cannot accept.  Because that ain't gay...It's fake, it's contrived ." Alright, In retrospect, I probably shouldn't even have said that last part...BUT this is my point (that others have noted briefly here):  It's sorta like, There are 2 Different Worlds people, And subsequently in a competing but different sense-There are 2 Different themes and viewpoints (to take into play). ~ The Different Worlds:  There is BEING within The Everyday "Real & Bigger" Outside world of everyday life , THEN there is BEING within (if you happen to be in any way a "part of ") the smaller world of The NFL .   AND this is the crux : There are Far Different themes, viewpoints, opinions, styles, accepted behaviors, even different taboos, And a million things in between- WITHIN being in any way part of This Everyday World and being in any way part of This microcosmic world of The NFL. See, You know where I'm goin' here, And See, I KNOW already the naysayer's remark before it even comes out:       " Laz, Seriously-SHOULD there be different forms of accepted behaviors and accepted opinions on 'correctness' and whatnot, BETWEEN these-, and different-from-each-other -TWO Different Worlds?  Is THIS right ?"   To which I'd answer like this:       " Think 'Archetypes of Character & Situation people...  Ya see, accepted behaviors at work, at the gym, in your car, with your family, with your friends, with your children- Are ALL somewhat different (even by a mere hair, if you'd like).  The person you play and your actions AT work, ARE different than the person you play and your actions AT home (even in the "minorest" of details).  Likewise, Those actions and the personas have different forms of acceptibility of behaviors, actions, opinions, expressions, and again-A million other things ."  ~ NOW, Here's where my remark to Matt is relevant...  I, as only an NFL Fan, AM Still , A part of BOTH worlds myself.       Theoretical Real World Behavior Laz Sees :  " Laz friend, Ya see- I'm gay. Also, I just might gonna start walking around in a summer dress ."       Laz's Real World Response :  " I-iiihe caaare?!?  I don't give a cr#p man; I mean: Matching heels though, right?  I don't need no gay crossdressing friend a' mine, Ta make ME look absurd walking beside them, Because they went with a white & yellow floral pattern and sported some bright red formal pumps ...".       Theoretical Microcosm World of NFL Football Fan that Laz Sees :  " Hey Guys...It's about GAME-TIME!  So let's turn on The Patriots & Indy Monday Night Matchup that we all came over here to see and have long awaited! (click, Tv on)  -Is that, Is that a quarterback with a "Gay-Pride" flag stitched on his jersey...why's he all-flowing funny with his arms and giving the snap count in a weird lisp...Are those red evening pumps ?"       Laz's "Footbal Microcosm" Response :  " Mannnn, huh...  I don't wanna deal with THIS!  And, I'm not even subject to the uncomfortable behavior of tackling him, showering with him, choosing how, when, where, to stick up for him, or not, or sheez-In any way, shape or form, To deal his outward homosexuality, In even the smallest most minute way, shape, or form- Differently or NOT differently, OR GOD!  Jesus, I'm just a freakin' football fan that wants to see people smashing into each other...  Can ya even Allow me this one simple id!otic male joy, WITHOUT political correctness involvement, sexual preference involvement, age, race, religion, and idk-Do I gotta formulate an opinion and actually CONFRONT even in the smallest aspect, The issue of Meat vs Vegetarian?  Please, I'm already teetering on the brink when Bill Mthrf' Polian made it so My Secondary can't blindly smash people's heads in at full sprint...Now, someone feels the need to complicate things further ?" 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Did you and your friend make out?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality : This is amazing that the thread has gone for this long. This might be one of the best gay threads I've ever seen.
    Posted by ewhite1065

LMAO, I believe that every one on here is gay... sh.., I'm on here, I think I must be gay, this is gonna really hurt my boy friend when I tell him....Damn thread

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Laz,
    What I was trying to say, and I guess I didn't say it very well was that IMO the difference between gay and straight is more akin to the difference between men and women than it is to the differnce between race.  When you talk to someone black, white, whatever it's evident that you want the same things in life and that there are really no differences other than superficial ones.  We all have problems with wives, kids, like a nice set of t*ts and will say it, etc.  But I think the difference in gay/straight is a more basic difference and really more than a superficial one.  I would compare it to the difeerence between men and women.  In male dominated jobs like police, firefighter, military, etc women are there, they are tolerated but the truth is they are not truly accepted.  I have one of those jobs and I can assure you that whatever the public face is of those organizations is,  upwards of 90% of men would rather not have women around and will not hide it (except from the women around).  There's a bunch of reasons for this, you have to watch what you say, do, screensaver can't have a girl on it, and all the other PC bullsh*t that we'd rather not deal with.  And really, I have alot more affection for women than I do gays.  IMO that is the ceiling of tolerance that you can expect from these male dominated jobs.  I don't think they will surpass women in acceptance in male dominated jobs (like the NFL).  It will always be "fine, welcome, we can't discriminate cause it's bad but we'd really rather not deal with all the BS that comes with your presence".  You can call that bigotry, and I suppose sexism also but I really think it's as basic as human nature.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality : This is amazing that the thread has gone for this long. This might be one of the best gay threads I've ever seen.
    Posted by ewhite1065

LOL, i know. fans don't mind expressing their opinions i guess.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

We had a discussion at work and i came up with the conclusion that if you perform fellati0 on yourself (provided that you are able to) you are absolutely not gay

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"This is amazing that the thread has gone for this long. This might be one of the best gay threads I've ever seen."

This is freakin' lmao good-stuff...  And lol ta gmbill, No- me and my gay friend did NOT make out (that's how I personally concluded tht gay people don't seem to be contagious).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Marcellus Wiley says NFL culture still has "no tolerance" for homosexuality:

On the subject of gay NFL players, Peyton Manning is the 5th most loved sports figure.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Funniest gay comment in a movie:

Analyze This.

Robert De Niro to Bill Crystal (Right before Crystal begins to analyze De Niro)

"I go fagg, you die!"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmyjones666. Show Jimmyjones666's posts

Tongue out

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Just a question, but if gays were readily accepted in the NFL, would that mean the eventual demise of the Tight End?  Just wondering...Sealed

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Just a question, but if gays were readily accepted in the NFL, would that mean the eventual demise of the Tight End?  Just wondering...
    Posted by carawaydj

I cannot believe it took six pages for this gem to surface.

Wink