Marcus Bernard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLB50. Show BILLB50's posts

Marcus Bernard

He was just cut per 98.5 The sports Hub.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Marcus Bernard

Interesting i wonder if that means Bequette makes it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BILLB50's comment:

He was just cut per 98.5 The sports Hub.

wow, I thought he looked pretty good in the preseason. Certainly better than Cunningham. Wondering if that means they keep Cunningham over him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

It might have been Bequette, Benard, Francis, Cunningham, Buchanan fighting for 3 spots

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

It might have been Bequette, Benard, Francis, Cunningham, Buchanan fighting for 3 spots

I know it is difficult to get a good read in the pre-season but I thought bennard had a pretty good showing. I also thought last year Francis was much better than he has shown so far this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Never thought he was being ulilized quite right. Would have rather seen him get more work on the edge, as opposed to as an interior pass-rusher in passing situations.

Not a huge surprise. 

Let's go Pats!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

I know it is difficult to get a good read in the pre-season but I thought bennard had a pretty good showing. I also thought last year Francis was much better than he has shown so far this year.

[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too and I just chalk it up as the distinct possibility that he wasn't that good to begin with, but maybe he gets a chance to prove otherwise...then again maybe not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I noticed that too and I just chalk it up as the distinct possibility that he wasn't that good to begin with, but maybe he gets a chance to prove otherwise...then again maybe not.

I actually like Francis a lot last year and thought he was progressing very well. Certainly more than Cunningham who he stole reps from towards the end of the season. Eve this preseason he was taking first team reps. Now I don't think Francis will ever be a starter but a sub/role DE/DT hybrid that Cunningham was suppose to be? I think he can provide some production resting players and sub rushing on passing downs which for me is worth his spot

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

I actually like Francis a lot last year and thought he was progressing very well. Certainly more than Cunningham who he stole reps from towards the end of the season. Eve this preseason he was taking first team reps. Now I don't think Francis will ever be a starter but a sub/role DE/DT hybrid that Cunningham was suppose to be? I think he can provide some production resting players and sub rushing on passing downs which for me is worth his spot

[/QUOTE]

Yeah they may keep him around for that, at least he's big enough to kind of put in the middle on passing downs if you had to, but if it comes down to him or Buchanon, I'd take Buchanon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Cunningham would be the next to go I would assume?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yeah they may keep him around for that, at least he's big enough to kind of put in the middle on passing downs if you had to, but if it comes down to him or Buchanon, I'd take Buchanon.

Buchanan to me is a different type of player. To me Buchanan is an edge rusher. Personally I put Francis, Benard, Cunningham in the same catagory as DE/DT Hybrids while I look at Jones, Buchanan, Bequette most as edge rusher types. In that context I'd rather have Buchanan over Bequette though