Marcus Cannon OT, just diagnosed with lymphoma

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Marcus Cannon OT, just diagnosed with lymphoma

forget the draft, although he sounds like will eventually recover this is a tough thing for anyone to go through. 

now the draft, this was a legit 2nd rnd OT prospect.  Wonder how long before a team pulls the trigger on him.  I can see the pats in late rounds drafting him and turning around putting him IR.

A biopsy on TCU G/T Marcus Cannon revealed that he has a treatable form of lymphoma, and he will begin chemotherapy on Wednesday.

We had a feeling there was more to this story. Cannon has a mass on his groin region that, if untreated, could be career or even life threatening. It sounds like he'll be OK if he keeps up treatments, but this is certain to affect Cannon's draft stock, perhaps crushing it entirely. Cannon's cancer is of the "non-Hodgkin Lymphoma" variety. It's possible a team will use a late-round pick on him Saturday, and stash Cannon on the non-football/illness list.
    Apr 26, 12:21 PM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: Marcus Cannon OT, just diagnosed with lymphoma

i feel bad for him. this really sucks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Thankfully it's treatable and shouldn't greatly affect his mid-long term playing career if he is very careful and gets screened regularly. I was actually really hoping we'd take him in the late 2nd, if we could get him even later he is well worth it imo. Hopefully this is a one time incident for him and the treatment goes successfully

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

One of the best places in the world to be if you have lymphoma is the Boston area!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

The jets will take him in the first round, They like having cancers on their team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Marcus Cannon OT, just diagnosed with lymphoma:
    [QUOTE]The jets will take him in the first round, They like having cancers on their team.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

And this deseves to get you banned and I hope you do

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marcus Cannon OT, just diagnosed with lymphoma : And this deseves to get you banned and I hope you do
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Easy offended much? you may want to get off the internet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I'm sorry Chasa, but that was really uncalled for.  I have no problem with making Jets jokes, but NEVER at the expense of a cancer patient.  C'mon man, you're not a bad poster, don't make jokes like this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marcus Cannon OT, just diagnosed with lymphoma : Easy offended much? you may want to get off the internet.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

I've had cancer, my grandmother and uncle died from cancer so yes I am offend that easily

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

[QUOTE]The jets will take him in the first round, They like having cancers on their team.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]Jerk Alert...don't worry...it's not hereditary...you can outgrow it....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

I thought the Marcus Cannon with lymphoma rumors was a hoax

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marcus Cannon OT, just diagnosed with lymphoma : Easy offended much? you may want to get off the internet.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Dude that's a no no bro, there are a few things you just don't make jokes about too many people have been personally impacted by it.

Cancer top of the list, 2nd any remarks about our men/woman in service.  just things you don't do bro.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

no freedom of speech allowed. you are banned for making jokes sir! i'm offended!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

its funny because i know people use the term Cancer when they talk about the Jets all the time, maybe i should do a search of this forum, that way you can go through and get each member that used cancer in a derogatory way banned.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a180ba4c6-e5bc-46e4-b382-918026db01a3&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:180ba4c6-e5bc-46e4-b382-918026db01a3Post:42d467e7-086d-43b3-8c83-fc455906b9da

there are a couple of Cancer references maybe you should get to reporting them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]its funny because i know people use the term Cancer when they talk about the Jets all the time, maybe i should do a search of this forum, that way you can go through and get each member that used cancer in a derogatory way banned.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Two completely different things. One is used to describe a person who rots and destroy from the inside much like cancer, in other words a descriptive term. The other is that the person has the disease which is a life threatening condition that affects many lives destroying whole families. The difference is you don't use people with the disease as a joke. But, if the person doesn't have the disease and acts in that manner then I have zero issue with you describing them as a cancer. If you can't tell the difference between the two I feel sorry for you and hope you never have to find out first hand what the difference is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

[QUOTE]its funny because i know people use the term Cancer when they talk about the Jets all the time, maybe i should do a search of this forum, that way you can go through and get each member that used cancer in a derogatory way banned.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]follow the context of your own links...the word "cancer" was used in a purely derogatory sense, not in a weak-minded attempt at humor....I've suddenly become speechless....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marcus Cannon OT, just diagnosed with lymphoma : follow the context of your own links...the word "cancer" was used in a purely derogatory sense, not in a weak-minded attempt at humor....I've suddenly become speechless....
    Posted by mountainmonkey[/QUOTE]

Thats funny, because i was using it in a derogatory manner. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

except that Cannon by all accounts isn't a cancer HE HAS CANCER. He is not know as a bad guy, bad in the locker room, or a dirty player that makes inappropriate comments.

You are using his real life cancer as a way to make a joke about the Jets locker room and that's just not right by any accounts. Whats next are you going to go to the Dana Farber center and tell the kids that they should play for the Bengals because they'd fit right in too?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

you start every thought with "that's funny"...that's very funny and very ignorant...you are pissin' into the wind and you are wet...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

[QUOTE]except that Cannon by all accounts isn't a cancer HE HAS CANCER. He is not know as a bad guy, bad in the locker room, or a dirty player that makes inappropriate comments. You are using his real life cancer as a way to make a joke about the Jets locker room and that's just not right by any accounts. Whats next are you going to go to the Dana Farber center and tell the kids that they should play for the Bengals because they'd fit right in too?
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]Your thoughts here are eloquent , lucid, and understandable....but futile...nice try....I'm done with "that's funny"....

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

it's of chasa, i've had family mm's pass from cancer... i think most families have. i still thought is was funny.

sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me... but i may get offended and cry because i'm soft and have no backbone.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

In case you missed it, Chasa's latest post was quickly deleted for offensive content...anyone surprised?....he insulted all and promised to leave...anyway...good luck Marcus Cannon....

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts