Marcus Cannon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Marcus Cannon

Anybody have the latest on him and how his recovery is going?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Marcus Cannon

In Response to Marcus Cannon:
    Anybody have the latest on him and how his recovery is going?
    Posted by thejoshuatree28

Most sports columnists in Boston, seem to think he will be on the PUP for the 1st 6 games.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots’ Cannon recovering well from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma 

OL Marcus Cannon's recovery from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma has gone well despite the fact Cannon has been unable to practice. 

"He's doing what he can do," coach Bill Belichick said. "He's in all the meetings. He has a program. He does the things that everyone else does, but they're specifically for him. Some things he can mainstream, but other things he can't." 

Analysis: Great news for Cannon, who can be a beast in the trenches so long as he returns

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Hope he gets through it and starts playing. He's getting satruated with knowledge-that's good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Gronkowski slipped last year because of injury concerns.

Cannon slipped because of cancer.

Both will be the kinds of picks that earn BB so much respect.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Ya, he's probably getting his body used to not only pro life, but the post-cancer life...

I'd imagine that takes a lot of time...

Hopefully, he is just able to live a normal life, let alone play football...

But if and hopefully when he comes back, imagine the ridiculous mass on the line:

Nate Solder - Logan Mankins - Dan Koppen? - Marcus Cannon - Sebastian Vollmer

that's a mean line...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I believe he goes on the PUP-don't need him right now. I say if this kid stays healthy, he will be a steal! Would have gone much higher in draft if not for health issue-ala the LB from Boston College Mark Herzlick,(?)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

In NY they are claiming Herzlich has continued to improve physically to the point he's nearly back to where he was prior to the cancer diagnosis...if that's true, the Giants got a steal and a great LB!

Canon is expected to make a full recovery, and will be a BEAST...look for the Pats to use a high draft choice to land a bigger, younger center next year....then they'd be set for many years!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

especially if we are able to nab brewster in next years draft! this line would be amazing!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I agree they got a steal if the kid is healthy. He was one o,f if not the best LB in college, pre-cancer. I wish the kid the best-a class act-just stay in the NFC!  In Response to Re: Marcus Cannon:
    In NY they are claiming Herzlich has continued to improve physically to the point he's nearly back to where he was prior to the cancer diagnosis...if that's true, the Giants got a steal and a great LB! Canon is expected to make a full recovery, and will be a BEAST...look for the Pats to use a high draft choice to land a bigger, younger center next year....then they'd be set for many years!
    Posted by hambonawilliams

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the Price treatment, PUP then IR for the year. Give him a chance to get his legs back, if he makes a full recovery and comes mid-season to knock the Jets DL around I'll be happy too. 

Get well soon. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Yeah, no need to rush him.  We can tuck him away on the PUP list for 6-9 weeks before having to activate him, 3 more weeks before we'd have to play him so it's a good insurance policy should Connolly or Mankins get hurt.  Cannon played LT in college mostly so really he can back up any position but center.  This way we keep another player on the roster longer than normal.

As for drafting a Center high in the draft, I don't think so.  Centers can be found and developed lower in the draft.  Koppen was a 5th rounder and I think Jeff Saturday was either 7th or undrafted.  Now if there is a beast like Pouncey that emerges and is sitting there why not use one of our 4 picks in the first two rounds?  We need to target DE, OLB, S and WR in the draft as pretty high priorities too and I think those positions would trump Center.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Re: Marcus Cannon:
    Yeah, no need to rush him.  We can tuck him away on the PUP list for 6-9 weeks before having to activate him, 3 more weeks before we'd have to play him so it's a good insurance policy should Connolly or Mankins get hurt.  Cannon played LT in college mostly so really he can back up any position but center.  This way we keep another player on the roster longer than normal. As for drafting a Center high in the draft, I don't think so.  Centers can be found and developed lower in the draft.  Koppen was a 5th rounder and I think Jeff Saturday was either 7th or undrafted.  Now if there is a beast like Pouncey that emerges and is sitting there why not use one of our 4 picks in the first two rounds?  We need to target DE, OLB, S and WR in the draft as pretty high priorities too and I think those positions would trump Center.
    Posted by Faucetman

WHen I look at film of Cannon I do not think he has the foot speed (quick feet, not short sprint) to do well at tackle in the NFL. RG seems perfect for him.

Sections
Shortcuts