Marcus Cannon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Marcus Cannon

I think this guy would play right gaurd for the Pats?? If he is healthy enough by week 6 or whatever do you think he would move Connoly out of the starting line up?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Marcus Cannon

In Response to Re: Marcus Cannon:
    [QUOTE]I hope this kid does not play a single down in his rookie year. Let him get his body right and then next year he will start.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marcus Cannon : Absolutely agree.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]
    I don't, play him when he's ready, sitting him if he's ready will do him no good.  If it's a year then fine, if it's next week fine.  It's not a torn ACL, it was cancer he's not going to reaggravate his cancer by playing football. 

I would imagine the hurdle is regaining strength and getting back into football after chemo.  Leaving him out if he's ready will not help him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]I hope this kid does not play a single down in his rookie year. Let him get his body right and then next year he will start.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the sentiment Killa, but I agree with Shenanigan. That is not the nature of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, or any other cancer.  He had it, it got treated, and if it appears as if it is gone, that's it.  You never know if it will come back, but whether he sits on the bench or plays will have no bearing on that.

If his cancer is in remission it's simply a matter of letting him get back into shape following therapy.  Sitting on the bench will not send his cancer further into remission, or decrease the likelihood of it returning.  Think about that.  Have you ever seen anyone prescribed a football bench for cancer treatment/prevention? I believe it was last reported that it was in total remission.

I'll wager that we'll see him this year.  If he's healthy, I'm sure that is what he'll want himself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

if he doesn't play a single down then why hasn't bb IRed him? he is probably waiting to see his health, and will pup him for the 1st 6 weeks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

PUP him then IR if he cannot make it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It may take a while to get him into football shape . . . but once he's in shape, I see no problem with playing him if he's better than Connolly.  Remember, though, he's just a rookie who missed all of camp, so I'm not sure we can assume he'll be better than Connolly right off the bat . . . 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

You all do realize when you get chemo your bones are brittle for a while, no way should this kid play ball this year. Let his bones regain their strength and he has a chance to play with less % of breaking his bones and being out for longer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

im pretty sure as conservative as the pats are with injured players...

he wont play until he is ready

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I stick by my agreement with killa in the first place.  Of course it's Canon's and BB's decision whether or not he plays.  Doesn't change my point of view on what I'd like to see for the kid. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Football or not I hope the guy lives a healthy life and his family is ok.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

after watching the detroit debacle, its possible the pats season could hinge on this guy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HAWAIIPATFAN. Show HAWAIIPATFAN's posts

Relax, ut's just PRE_SEASON, the pats will be just fine,this is BB way of giving other teams false confidence.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He will be ready and contributing this year.  killa he's been lifting and working out getting his body in shape.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]You all do realize when you get chemo your bones are brittle for a while, no way should this kid play ball this year. Let his bones regain their strength and he has a chance to play with less % of breaking his bones and being out for longer.
    Posted by jjbag[/QUOTE]
       If he souldnt play this year, he would already be on IR. I am sure they wouldnt send him onto the field if his bones were brittle.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

How many treatments has he had, four? Everybody is different some people recover quicker than others from all sorts of injuries/ilness'. Guys young so thats a big plus, he's back to his pre-treatment weight, and he's been working out....with weights.  

I doubt too much risk will be taken in this situation, but if he gets a dr' release, and he feels he can play after week six play him. Theres a big need right now, but It could end up being a numbers game and they go IR to open up a spot. BB will figure something out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Cannon is ready to go now, except he's a rookie.  BB is thankful that he drafted an automatic PUP, so now Cannon needs to go on PUP and learn the playbook.

Because of the rookie factor, I think Cannon won't be "healthy" and practicing until week 9.  BB probably has other PUPs that he needs earlier, in week 6.  For example, Kevin Faulk.

Sections
Shortcuts