Marcus Cannon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Marcus Cannon

Proving to be a great 4th round pick up last year. Stepped in for Vollmer like a champ. I thought he was solid the whole night. Great back-up. Between Solder and Vollmer (who can both play LT and RT) and Cannon (who has largely been playing RT) we have 3 solid tackles and really a luxury. And all from the draft. Dante Scarnecchia rocks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Marcus Cannon

He still hasn't played much this season. He had a horrible pre-season. Glad he could fill in ably for 1 game....on the other hand - hoping vollmer did not re-injure his back.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Fifth rounder.  BB is pretty cheap about these things.  

Also, half the O-line is rebuilt now.    I have to look them up to name them, but they're protecting Brady and run-blocking too.  Nate Solder was actually the worst of the bunch yesterday.  Donald Thomas, Ryan Wendell, Nick McDonald.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Shows how much attention some of us pay to the OL...

: Marcus Cannon

posted at 11/23/2012 02:15:45 EST

• Neal Page
    • First: 10/28/2012
    • Last: 11/23/2012

Vollmer got garbage minutes, so it's clear it was more of a maintenance day off. Stil concerning because he's the best in the business at RT, but I was also proud of Cannon.  He looked good. 

Granted, it's not an elite D Line, but still, good for him to get the start and be consistent.

Vollmer was INACTIVE!

Cannon

posted at 11/23/2012 02:23:04 EST

• Paul_K
    • First: 05/31/2008
    • Last: 11/23/2012

Fifth rounder.  BB is pretty cheap about these things.  

Also, half the O-line is rebuilt now.    I have to look them up to name them, but they're protecting Brady and run-blocking too.  Nate Solder was actually the worst of the bunch yesterday.  Donald Thomas, Ryan Wendell, Nick McDonald.

Connolly started not McDonald...

Starting OL was Soldier-Thomas-Wendell-Connolly-Cannon

Wether the nay sayers relized it or not, we probibly have the most tallented and deep combined OL in the NFL. Certainly could not tell that here when we had to listen to the OL haters all spring, summer and fall...Cannon certainly lived up to his pre draft hype and would most deffinately be starting else where.Connoly has shown his ability to start at all interior possitions since the Mankins hold out. There has been a deffinate reason Wendell has worked his way up through the system, from PS to starter. Mcdonald and Thomas showed the poise to step in in place of multiple starting guards going down with out missing a step. If as intended Cannon is able to make the transition from RT to RG, this OL can become scary...For 7-8 months we had to listen to the posers b!tch about the OL and now they all wish those old threads would disapear... But those of us that argued for the potential greatness of the OL threw the demeaning attacks of the posers are vilified....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

How could Cannon look so horrible in the preseason then play great in limited duty during the season. I didnt watch it close enough but I doubt that he was always getting help from a TE during the game. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought the fact that he didn't stick out like a sore thumb was a positive. To me Thomas looks like the one that struggled. Tough to tell going up against a poor defensive line...although that Wilkerson kid looks good for them...moves well and has some real long arms. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How could Cannon look so horrible in the preseason then play great in limited duty during the season. I didnt watch it close enough but I doubt that he was always getting help from a TE during the game. 

[/QUOTE]

Rookie year missed all TC and was placed on reserve NFI(cancer chemo into 11 TC), activated mid season and only saw spot duty, garbage time extra lineman(TE). So he is basicly a rookie that has been out of the game for a year. 12 training camp was his rookie TC.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought the fact that he didn't stick out like a sore thumb was a positive. To me Thomas looks like the one that struggled. Tough to tell going up against a poor defensive line...although that Wilkerson kid looks good for them...moves well and has some real long arms. 

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!

Wilkerson looks good? When, why, how?  Do you ever have a clue? Yeah, real long arms for him to never really make an impact in a game, ever!

Wow!

What a 1st rd pick!  So versatile and a game changer!  LMAO

[/QUOTE]

What? You don't think he's good? Read a newspaper, watch a game...hate to break it to you, but he's not exactly a bust there bud.  

Hey, weren't you the dope that said Vollmer came in and subbed late in the game yesterday? As far as I know (and I could be wrong) he wasn't even active for the game. So what did he do, run down the tunnel in a pair of Levis and jump into the right tackle spot? WOW.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!

Wilkerson looks good? When, why, how?  Do you ever have a clue? Yeah, real long arms for him to never really make an impact in a game, ever!

Wow!

What a 1st rd pick!  So versatile and a game changer!  LMAO

[/QUOTE]

What? You don't think he's good? Read a newspaper, watch a game...hate to break it to you, but he's not exactly a bust there bud.  

Hey, weren't you the dope that said Vollmer came in and subbed late in the game yesterday? As far as I know (and I could be wrong) he wasn't even active for the game. So what did he do, run down the tunnel in a pair of Levis and jump into the right tackle spot? WOW.

[/QUOTE]

If it wasn't him (which I realize now since he was Inactive and I didn't realize that before the game), then it was the guy they activated when they released Salas. I couldn't really see the name. Looked like Vollmer, guess not.   Was probably Zusevics. Really large white guy. lol

I didn't see who the inactives were before the game, because I was you know, at a Thanksgiving dinner. I am sure you were eating a TV dinner in your lair.  lmao

But, the key here is you raving about someone as inconsequential as MUhammad Wilkerson on a bad Jets D Line. Sitck to the topic at hand.  I don't care if he's called a bust, but if a 1st rd pick for us was so useless in terms of affecting a game, you'd have BB strung up here.

Only YOU would pretend a guy who is nothing more than  Ron Brace here is somehow impressive.  LMAO

Muhammad Wilkerson would be riding the bench here.  You rave about Wilkerson and then bash Cunningham? You're pathetic.

Face it, BB and his team trending up, especially on D has you in a corner on this board now. Your whole schtick here has been to mock BB and praise the Jets.  VERY odd for a Pats fan.

[/QUOTE]

Wilkerson would be riding the bench here? You numb enough to be comparing a defensive lineman that is 300 lbs to a 250 pound edge player? I'm not praising him numb nuts, in fact I've never mentioned him before, it's just that the guy isn't a bad player even if he plays for the jets. What gives with you? You think Wilkerson is the same as Ron Brace? My my, here we go again. We'll just add that to your stupid list:)   Little smiley face for you for the Holidays.

You missed the inactives because of thanksgiving dinner? For god's sake the game was on at eight- thirty, you eat that late? Does it really take you that long to inflate your blow up doll and prop her up at the table? Or did you just accidently deflate her trying to feed her turkey earlier in the day? C'mon you can admit it - you had dinner with your dolly - let the truth out...it's ok. How does that work though? Does the poor thing have to sit there while you announce "the warnings were out people" as you dive into a lesson on the salary cap? LOL. 

Hey if inflatable Irene is not too busy could you have her run a quick spell checky over this for me? It might give her a break from listening to you explain how Alex Smith is better than Brady.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

He was impressive, considerably so in pass blocking but when I saw him run blocking downfield, a 365 pound man child, that was scary.  Great draft pick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Cannon looked good, BB was right in that Cannon could play tackle. Hope Vollmer is okay, IMO he's the best rt in the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Tydog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because he's a natural Guard that they're moving to Tackle in the pros.   In other words, learning curve x 2.

[/QUOTE]

That tells me that BB always had a lot of confidence in Wendell, Thomas and McDonald. Certainly more than we did. Which is why they always were looking to put Cannon at T instead of RG which most of us thought he would go to. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Vollmer and Zusevics were both inactive, no? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Best O-line in the league....even with a few guys beat up!

And I agree with Part Timer, the bickering over the O-line was unwarranted. A few of us pointed this out back then.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to part-timer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wether the nay sayers relized it or not, we probibly have the most tallented and deep combined OL in the NFL. Certainly could not tell that here when we had to listen to the OL haters all spring, summer and fall...Cannon certainly lived up to his pre draft hype and would most deffinately be starting else where.Connoly has shown his ability to start at all interior possitions since the Mankins hold out. There has been a deffinate reason Wendell has worked his way up through the system, from PS to starter. Mcdonald and Thomas showed the poise to step in in place of multiple starting guards going down with out missing a step. If as intended Cannon is able to make the transition from RT to RG, this OL can become scary...For 7-8 months we had to listen to the posers b!tch about the OL and now they all wish those old threads would disapear... But those of us that argued for the potential greatness of the OL threw the demeaning attacks of the posers are vilified....

[/QUOTE]

20-20 hindsight always is pretty accurate. The truth was that both Solder and Cannon looked bad during pre-season because of their inexperience - and because they were playing alongside other inexperienced players. Solder has obviously gotten better - and it doesn't hurt him or Cannon to now play alongside starting guards like Mankins and Vollmer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

back?

http://www.sportsoverdose.com/topic/sebastian-vollmer-injury-update.html

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Q: You had another offensive linemen step up last night. Can you assess how Marcus Cannon [filling in for Sebastian Vollmer] did [Thursday] night and how the entire offensive line played last night?

BB: Marcus did a real good job filling in there at right tackle. I thought he did a good job in the passing game. He also had some strong run blocks. We all know he’s a very athletic and powerful man. He played to that a number of times, which I thought he did for us in training camp and preseason, as well as he showed a very good presence on the field at that point. Fortunately for the team, Sebastian [Vollmer] has been able to hold that down but last night we had to call on Marcus, as we did the first couple games of the season. They were kind of alternating there; Sebastian was working his way back. Marcus did a pretty good job. As you said, that’s kind of the way it’s been on the line, other than left tackle and center. We’ve had multiple people play both guard positions and two guys playing right tackle. I think it’s a real credit to the way that group works together, the way they practice together and really the way Dante [Scarnecchia] has molded them as a group and as a very effective offensive line unit. I’d say even in practice, when we move those people in and out of the lineup and different guys play center, different guys play the guard positions, roll the tackles through and so forth, that even in practice you really don’t notice – obviously if you’re looking at a particular position you notice – but by the results of the play you don’t usually notice, at least whose in there because whoever it is gets it right, does the job and that isn’t a problem on the play for the most part. So, it’s a pretty comforting feeling that whichever guys have to go in there and play, they’ve played with each other, the communication is good and that they can physically and functionally do the job that they’re asked to do and do it a high competitive level. It’s been a strength for us through the years and I think it continues to be this year so far that whichever guys have had to play or in the cases that we’ve played six, seven players in one game, that they’ve stepped in there and done a good job.

Sections
Shortcuts