Marcus Cannon...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Marcus Cannon...

The guy had a great year, but with Vollmer already locked up big and Solder playing for peanuts, the time is now to trade this guy while the tape is fresh.

Do you guys think we can land a 2nd for this guy? Flipping a 5th for a second would be genius, but BB can't draft. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Marcus Cannon...

Idk, I would consider letting Wendell walk and putting Cannon to his natural Guard position next yeat and Connolly at center. save $ that way too

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

I think depth on the o line is already an issue

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

The guy had a great year, but with Vollmer already locked up big and Solder playing for peanuts, the time is now to trade this guy while the tape is fresh.

Do you guys think we can land a 2nd for this guy? Flipping a 5th for a second would be genius, but BB can't draft. 

Rather have all 3, or let Volmer walk if he looks to have health problems. I believe we covered ourselves in the contract due to injury.

I think Marcus Cannon is a stud.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

I think depth on the o line is already an issue

Svetik is still here and next year is his last year, why have such talent walk when you can get a deal for him? You can't pay him OT money and have him on the bench when you've already paid Vollmer and Solder is your future at LT.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

They will either not sign Wendell and move Connelly back to center which puts Cannon at RG or they will cut Connelly outright and move Cannon to RG.

Cannon counts only 700k against the cap next year. Why trade a quality O-lineman who has a cap friendly contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Rather have all 3, or let Volmer walk if he looks to have health problems. I believe we covered ourselves in the contract due to injury.

I think Marcus Cannon is a stud.

Did we? I know we paid him a lot though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Idk, I would consider letting Wendell walk and putting Cannon to his natural Guard position next yeat and Connolly at center. save $ that way too

We don't have a lot of holes, just interior OL in RG and C. You can draft a C in round one and a OG in round 2, I think Cannon can field a second since he's a swing OT and he can play OG.

Use that second to draft a TE and the Pats are SB champs next season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

They will either not sign Wendell and move Connelly back to center which puts Cannon at RG or they will cut Connelly outright and move Cannon to RG.

Cannon counts only 700k against the cap next year. Why trade a quality O-lineman who has a cap friendly contract.

Round 1, pick 32 needs to be a Center. Wendell is a tiny boy, we need a man at C with Brady getting older and the new reliance on the running game. We're not going to resign him IMO, might as well get something for him before his contract is up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

We don't have a lot of holes, just interior OL in RG and C. You can draft a C in round one and a OG in round 2, I think Cannon can field a second since he's a swing OT and he can play OG.

Use that second to draft a TE and the Pats are SB champs next season.

I got you, or we let Wendell walk, save the money there. Cannon is still on roookie deal. We could just use a first on Zach Martin OG from Nd, then grab Austin Seferian Jenkins if he falls or take him round 1. and go OG round 2 and fill the hole there

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Round 1, pick 32 needs to be a Center. Wendell is a tiny boy, we need a man at C with Brady getting older and the new reliance on the running game. We're not going to resign him IMO, might as well get something for him before his contract is up.

I think you can get an NFL Quality C between rounds 2-4. They need to draft a DT in round 1 unless there is a no brainer TE available in that spot.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I think so too

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

I think cannon struggled when he was at guard- the first Miami game?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I think you can get an NFL Quality C between rounds 2-4. They need to draft a DT in round 1 unless there is a no brainer TE available in that spot.

A DT? Siliga is 23, why not try to resign him?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

No way.  

No way we get a second or no way we he gets traded?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Bingo. The money says the Pats need to keep Cannon. If anyone needs to be looking over his shoulder it may be Connelly who is due 4 million next year but the Pats can save about 3 by releasing him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

this is a dumb post. you dont move a stud OL with size and feet like Cannon ..ever. He is versatile, young and cheap. The Pats have a C that is a free agent, and OG that is on the wrong side of 30 and a reserve lineman almost 33 years old...trading Cannon is most likely the worst move the Pats could ever make... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

The few times I've seen Cannon at guard it appeared to me that he struggled. I think he's looked a lot better at tackle.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

His pass blocking gives me pause.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:

Bingo. The money says the Pats need to keep Cannon. If anyone needs to be looking over his shoulder it may be Connelly who is due 4 million next year but the Pats can save about 3 by releasing him.

Done, cannon moves in at guard. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Soldier's contract is coming up...haveing both Volmer and Cannon gives the team leverage, not to mention excelent deapth...

I also feel Wendel is a weak spot on the OL, so Cannon would be an upgrade at the RG...

This would put Connoly back at C.....

And better yet I would spend a high draft pick on the best C available..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:

The few times I've seen Cannon at guard it appeared to me that he struggled. I think he's looked a lot better at tackle.

Well you said it best, "few times". There were a lot of arm chair GMs who said he struggled at the tackle position until recently. He needed the reps and he's improved a lot since Vollmer went on IR. I'm sure if given the chance he would be very good at the guard position also. He's one of the reasons the run blocking unit has improved.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

O line is very deep... Kline could play any of the interior positions including center and now has experience as a rookie.  Cannon is a beast, you don't trade the young guy, you trade the old guy or the one you know you'll have to pay through the nose for.

Sections
Shortcuts