Marcus Trufant

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Marcus Trufant

Released by Seahawks today.

9 yr vet. Had injury issues last year. Will need to sign for base minimums plus incentives. No risk, possible strong upside. Possible good value. He's worth a look see.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: Marcus Trufant

i'd bring him in for a workout/physical

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Big CAP number which is why he got wacked today but if he can get healthy he's about 6 ft and over 200 lbs and has been a standout with the Seahawks.

He's just one of many Vets that will be out there but I do want to see a Vet come here at DB this season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Marcus Trufant:
    [QUOTE]Released by Seahawks today. 9 yr vet. Had injury issues last year. Will need to sign for base minimums plus incentives. No risk, possible strong upside. Possible good value. He's worth a look see.
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting[/QUOTE]

No, thank you. He's a 31 year old player with diminished skills.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Im all for bringing him in. Hopefully he can adjust to a new setting, sytem.

I compare him to S.Springs who also had a good career so lets hope Trufant is a better option than Springs was.

Biggest issue I see with these type of signings is the player not being able to adjust after doing things a certain way for a while..

I def. think B.B. would bring em in. Old dogs dont like learning new tricks, and this is why players like S.Moore and Arrington have looked better than solid vets like Springs, O'neal, Starks, C.Scott, etc , etc, etc, etc, etc, etc...lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Marcus Trufant:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Marcus Trufant :      No, thank you. He's a 31 year old player with diminished skills.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

And a history of injury. I think we have enough of injury prone CBs already..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Marcus Trufant :      No, thank you. He's a 31 year old player with diminished skills.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/07/seahawks-will-release-marcus-trufant/

"O’Neil reports that Trufant plans to continue playing and, as long as he’s healthy, he’ll likely find teams interested in his services. He’s definitely on the back end of his career, but he’s been a solid corner for a long time and those are always in demand around the NFL."

Amen to that Brother, amen to that. After watching what went on here all season at DB you bring in as much help as you can till you get it right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

We need SOLID bodies at DB, Trufant is a vet and assuming he stays healthy, would be a welcome addition as long as he comes cheap.

I have high hopes that DMC and Dowling rebound with Arrington continuing his solid play. But with injuries and the possibility that DMC might turn into Darius Bustler 2.0, having a vet like Trufant here would be a plus.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

he's an older version of Ras-I.....hurt all the time.
    No Thanks!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Wow, I remember when he came out of Wazzu like it was yesterday. Has it already been 9 years?!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]he's an older version of Ras-I.....hurt all the time. No Thanks!
    Posted by theshinez[/QUOTE]

Before this year, Trufant had only missed 8 games in 8 years. In one year Ras-I has missed 14 games and 3 playoff games in one year! If he can get healthy he would be great fit with D-mac, Arrington, Ras-I, and moore. He would be great verse smart veteran WR that dont have that first step still. I would only want the Pats to sign him if he was fully healthy.

Sections
Shortcuts