Margus Hunt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Margus Hunt

Some mocks have him going to the Patriots. I admit to not having heard a whole lot about him but,  I must say, I'd be delighted to see him on this team. Has a motor. Relentless. Huge ( 6'8" 280) kinda, sorta reminds me of JJ Watt. 

4.6 flat at the combine. Amazing.

Thoughts?

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=45525

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/10037886/highlights_margus_hunt/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Margus Hunt

he is a high risk- high reward pick

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Have you checked over in the draft thread?  Any thoughts of him over there?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Have not checked. IMO there's too much to sift through on there. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

To me he is a project. He's 25 years old, but he doesn't look strong enough - and I've got to say he just doesn't look like a nasty player to me. I think NFL linemen will beat this guy to a pulp...I honestly think he will hate playing in the NFL. I think he has some tools for sure...he may get some sacks, he is fast for a guy that big, but I just think he will get beat up. And to me his speed is more straight lineish...he doesn't have a lot of power.

I think a team that picks him in the first round will end up being disappointed...the late 2nd? I can understand that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mrbungle's comment:

Have not checked. IMO there's too much to sift through on there. 

Tell me about it!  Those guys over there are amazing with all the draft discussion in that thread.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Not a Rd 1 pick, IMO... would much prefer him on Day 2.  Intriguing length and upside, but very raw, and inconsistent (could be due to his relative inexperience with the game) with his play speed at this point and is a bit older as someone else mentioned.

I'd much prefer a Tank Carridine in Rd 1 if available.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Not a Rd 1 pick, IMO... would much prefer him on Day 2.  Intriguing length and upside, but very raw, and inconsistent (could be due to his relative inexperience with the game) with his play speed at this point and is a bit older as someone else mentioned.

Shhhhhhhhh! Keep it quiet...Carridine will likely be there and yes would be a great pick. Without his ACL injury he goes in the top 10...maybe top 5.

Margus Hunt is this years Mike Mamula....would have been a great pick up day two but he's gone late first early second after the combine...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Hey why,  not a another big european dude, I can see BB taking this kid

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Mbeaulieu, dude, Jesse Williams will be there when we pick. He's Vince Wilfork part 2, what are his upsides and downsides? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Mbeaulieu, dude, Jesse Williams will be there when we pick. He's Vince Wilfork part 2, what are his upsides and downsides? 

After the performance he put in during his pro day at Alabama, I don't think he'll be around when we select. Mbeaulieu has been high on this guy from the start and I can see why.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

only for the last 3 months. hes a 1st round reach, high potential, high over-reach.

carradine would be a safer pick for a pass rusher at 29. a top 10-15 pick if he didnt get injured this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

carradine in rd 1, rogers in 2 and hunt in 3 might be something (but someone is going to reach on hunt).

so carradine, rogers (wr) and a cb, 2nd wr or safety in rd 3 might be the move

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Don't know anything about the guy nor am I a draftnik but if he happens to be an injury prone 5'9' corner with stiff hips, he's our guy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I actually see a ton in the guy that I like. He has consistently been getting better as the year progressed and imo has JJ Watt upside. I'm not calling him Watt just he has shown flashes of that type of presence. He had a great senior bowl and scouts noted the leaps and bounds he made from even the beginning of the year to the senior bowl. He's a fringe 2nd rounder because of his rawness but he has mid 1st round talent and ability so I'm not shocked to seen him drafted in the back of the first. If his progress continues he will be a better player then Carradine imo, though Carradine might be hotter out of the gate.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

You can't teach size and athleticism and hunt has it in spades. Question is, can you wait on him to  develop? Will,he develop amd what will he develop into? He could easily add 25 pounds and be a de in a 3-4, or possibly be an olb or 4-3 de, or even play inside. He is raw, but the clay is there to mold into virtually any spot on the DL a d to an extent olb. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

he is also a great kicker blocker

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

he is also a great kicker blocker

think he hzad 11 blocks

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I actually see a ton in the guy that I like. He has consistently been getting better as the year progressed and imo has JJ Watt upside. I'm not calling him Watt just he has shown flashes of that type of presence. He had a great senior bowl and scouts noted the leaps and bounds he made from even the beginning of the year to the senior bowl. He's a fringe 2nd rounder because of his rawness but he has mid 1st round talent and ability so I'm not shocked to seen him drafted in the back of the first. If his progress continues he will be a better player then Carradine imo, though Carradine might be hotter out of the gate.  

agree about the jj possible upside. said same coule months ago. 

needs more time in gym powerlifting and time studying film

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Call me crazy... I thought a few months ago that if he gained 20-30 lbs, to me,  with his body and athleticism he would ahve been a good OT. Too late for that idea.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Call me crazy... I thought a few months ago that if he gained 20-30 lbs, to me,  with his body and athleticism he would ahve been a good OT. Too late for that idea.

yeah might be a little late at 25 to switch :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

I hope you're right, Jesse is and has been the top player on my board for months now.

He too is relatively new to the game (started at 15 I believe), has positional versatility  (can play inside in an even front and anywhere on an odd front), moves well laterally for a big man and may be the toughest player to move off the football in this entire draft... incredibly stout at the POA... also love that he has the Saban defensive pedigree which could help ease his transition to BB's scheme.

On the "negative" side, he's still raw as a passrusher and while he has the power to collapse the pocket with his bullrush, he'll need to develop more of an advanced pass rush repetoire, though BB's scheme isn't really condusive to high sack totals for interior defensive lineman.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

I hope you're right, Jesse is and has been the top player on my board for months now.

He too is relatively new to the game (started at 15 I believe), has positional versatility  (can play inside in an even front and anywhere on an odd front), moves well laterally for a big man and may be the toughest player to move off the football in this entire draft... incredibly stout at the POA... also love that he has the Saban defensive pedigree which could help ease his transition to BB's scheme.

On the "negative" side, he's still raw as a passrusher and while he has the power to collapse the pocket with his bullrush, he'll need to develop more of an advanced pass rush repetoire, though BB's scheme isn't really condusive to high sack totals for interior defensive lineman.

Give me some of this Lining up next to Vince!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts