Mario Manningham calls out Edelman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Mario Manningham calls out Edelman

Per PFT
    Manningham hopes to see Edelman on the other side of the field.

I hope he’s out there when we play them,” Manningham tells the Boston Herald.  “I don’t want to sound like that, but you know what I mean.  To our advantage, I hope he’s out there. . . .

“It’s a different stage.  This ain’t regular season.  That ain’t your real position, so we’re going to try to expose you.  It’s all or nothing now.  That ain’t your position, this is the Super Bowl and we want you to play that position.”

Bwahahahahaha!  What a fool!  Manningham really isn't a top NFL receiver but he wants people to think he is so he calls someone out.  Problem is, he calls out Edelman.  Are you kidding me?  If you want to be considered the best then you call out the best.  Calling out someone lesser is what people with deep down confidence issues does.  Manningham knows he can't be an impact any other way so he calls out the person on D with the least amount of experience!  What a fake, a phony!  Dude should be embarrassed, yet he probably isn't smart enough to know what he did here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Re: Mario Manningham calls out Edelman

I think Edelman just might lay the wood on a receiver or two if he gets the chance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The Patriots are going to win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

SOB... I wanna see Edleman take his head off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Let them all keep talking.  I hope the locker room is plastered with quotes.

I'm actually a little surprised they are talking.  Their coach is a bit like BB in that regard.  I remember Osi talking a little smack before the last SB, but nothing like this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

They (giants) and their talk is getting worse everyday. Almost to the point of how the Jets are. TB at his best Eli's worst nightmare

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Keep the motivation coming. The guys who weren't there for 42 need to get motivated. Wilfork, Light, Mankins, Welker and Brady will be motivated by the fact that they're 1-2 against this team and 0-1 when it really matters. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Good.  Hope they all keep churning out that bulletin board material

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Another NY football team running its mouth off before a big game.

We all know what happened to the other NY team to do this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Eli got pounded pretty hard in SF. there  is a pic of him with his helmet twisted and shoulder pad out. Might be hard to even get Manningham the ball.

If your lookinf for an avitar of Eli for the superbowl here is a collection of photo shop classics.    http://coedmagazine.com/2012/01/24/eli-manning-drunk-face-photoshop-fails-wins-pictures/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Mario Manningham calls out Edelman": [QUOTE]Per PFT Manningham hopes to see Edelman on the other side of the field. “ I hope he’s out there when we play them ,” Manningham tells the Boston Herald .  “I don’t want to sound like that, but you know what I mean.  To our advantage, I hope he’s out there. . . . “It’s a different stage.  This ain’t regular season.  That ain’t your real position, so we’re going to try to expose you.  It’s all or nothing now.  That ain’t your position, this is the Super Bowl and we want you to play that position.”   Bwahahahahaha!  What a fool!  Manningham really isn't a top NFL receiver but he wants people to think he is so he calls someone out.  Problem is, he calls out Edelman.  Are you kidding me?  If you want to be considered the best then you call out the best.  Calling out someone lesser is what people with deep down confidence issues does.  Manningham knows he can't be an impact any other way so he calls out the person on D with the least amount of experience!  What a fake, a phony!  Dude should be embarrassed, yet he probably isn't smart enough to know what he did here. Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE] Unfortunately, Edelman might be the best DB the Pats shuttle out there. So he may be calling out the best

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The Pats need to do what they did to the Rams in 2001. If you catch a ball in my area I'm hitting you hard. Their whole game plan is to hit Brady any chance they get. Couple late hits and they think they get in his head. Ricky Williams even said that. Eli must still be thinking about the pounding he took in SF. He'll need 2 weeks just to let the bruises turn yellow. We need to do exactly that play smash mouth on D and hit Eli every chance we get.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Ihi ddn Response to Re: Mario Manningham calls out Edelman:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Mario Manningham calls out Edelman": Unfortunately, Edelman might be the best DB the Pats shuttle out there. So he may be calling out the best
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Not even close.  He  may be a more consistant DB than Manningham is a WR though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I find it interesting that a team that that was 9-7 is talking like they were the best. They were ready to give Coughlin his pink slip! The fans here in NYC are so obnoxious I can't stand it. Yesterday I was crossing the street with my Pats hat and a man yelled at me that he'd love to run me over wearing my hat! Their was another man next to me who started yelling at the man and the man in the car gave him the finger. The old man that helped me was appalled and expressed sadness that this happened all because of sports. I usually wear a Boson team hat by the season. Not just when they win! I have lived here for a long time and it has gotten worse. My husband gets nervous because he thinks I will get hurt, I told him that I will continue to wear my hat, but their is a big difference. Players don't help with their trash talking and newspapers that show an opposing player being hung in a man's yard make it very hard.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Mario Manningham calls out Edelman:
    [QUOTE]Per PFT Manningham hopes to see Edelman on the other side of the field. “ I hope he’s out there when we play them ,” Manningham tells the Boston Herald .  “I don’t want to sound like that, but you know what I mean.  To our advantage, I hope he’s out there. . . . “It’s a different stage.  This ain’t regular season.  That ain’t your real position, so we’re going to try to expose you.  It’s all or nothing now.  That ain’t your position, this is the Super Bowl and we want you to play that position.”   Bwahahahahaha!  What a fool!  Manningham really isn't a top NFL receiver but he wants people to think he is so he calls someone out.  Problem is, he calls out Edelman.  Are you kidding me?  If you want to be considered the best then you call out the best.  Calling out someone lesser is what people with deep down confidence issues does.  Manningham knows he can't be an impact any other way so he calls out the person on D with the least amount of experience!  What a fake, a phony!  Dude should be embarrassed, yet he probably isn't smart enough to know what he did here.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]
    But what he is saying is true. Edel can't cover a toilet seat. Kent State QBs don't suddenly become stellar DBs. You'd think the Pats could have acquired a rethread to help this situation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: Mario Manningham calls out Edelman": [QUOTE]In response to "Mario Manningham calls out Edelman": Unfortunately, Edelman might be the best DB the Pats shuttle out there. So he may be calling out the best Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE] This rkarp is a faker troll. Atleast patsfan1966 wasnt a closet troll.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Mario Manningham calls out Edelman:
    [QUOTE]Per PFT Manningham hopes to see Edelman on the other side of the field. “ I hope he’s out there when we play them ,” Manningham tells the Boston Herald .  “I don’t want to sound like that, but you know what I mean.  To our advantage, I hope he’s out there. . . . “It’s a different stage.  This ain’t regular season.  That ain’t your real position, so we’re going to try to expose you.  It’s all or nothing now.  That ain’t your position, this is the Super Bowl and we want you to play that position.”   Bwahahahahaha!  What a fool!  Manningham really isn't a top NFL receiver but he wants people to think he is so he calls someone out.  Problem is, he calls out Edelman.  Are you kidding me?  If you want to be considered the best then you call out the best.  Calling out someone lesser is what people with deep down confidence issues does.  Manningham knows he can't be an impact any other way so he calls out the person on D with the least amount of experience!  What a fake, a phony!  Dude should be embarrassed, yet he probably isn't smart enough to know what he did here.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]
    Some players express their confidence and opinion which is alright. It might be a little selfish though to the rest of the team. I've said it all along, being in the coaching arena, 'bulletin board material does not alter nor determine the outcome of any game'. Period. If the targeted player is so agitated by comments made about him, he needs to remain focused with the task at hand. If they eat at him enough to disrupt his thinking or assignment on the field, it may work against him instead. Like BB says, 'everybody do their job' and he's absolutely correct. Don't get caught up in the demeaning hype and commit yourself to YOUR assignment on said called defensive alignment. Easier said than done. I know.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

The Patriots are spending time distancing themselves from 07, the Giants seem to think it is a direct continuation.

I cautioned against Pats fans getting ahead of themselves with Denver, and the NYG are showing none of that caution against a very dangerous opponent.

If the Pats do win, I will certainly enjoy pouring over all the loser's comments, and seeing how they backtrack, or hopefully, offer up a Kordell-like gem and talk about the best team not winning.

He shouldn't have said it, but it seems fairly obvious Manningham was just answering a question. He should have answered with a little more modesty or intelligence, but he's in NY, why should I even hope for that?

Manning is just going to heave it downfield all game, so might as well rush 7 all day and try to get the backup out there.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Mario Manningham calls out Edelman:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Mario Manningham calls out Edelman : a few thoughts here: 1. if u think Manningham isn't as big a threat as Nicks or Cruz u may be in for a surprise come Sunday...these 3 are a team and all 3 are solid 2. Manningham was stating what I've read here and elsewhere and heard all day during the AFCCG. You pats fans and media have roasted edelman as a liability and said things that make manningham's comments seem complimentary-now ur offended 3. Don't EVER compare the Giants and the Jets...when the gmen talk a little smack, it's usually a helluva lot more about football and based on fact, not personal attacks and bragging without ever winning anything. dont compare those classless thugs and braggarts and that blowhard Rex Ryan to Coughlin and the Giants. It's not even close and all ny talk radio, media and messageboards have been killing rex and the contrast between him and tom coughlin, the Jets and the Giants as organizations-and u guys know this to be true, as does the rest of the NFL
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

LOL!  I never compared the Giants to the Jets.  If you quote my post then at least get it right.  Maybe your subconscious compares them in  your mid because right now the Giants are acting a lot like the Jets.  Lots of talk, acting like thug bishes!  lets see if they can back it up.

Manningham better get some stats first, some clout before he starts calling people out.  Dude really hasn't done much in his NFL career, yet he's acting like a somebody.  Maybe he should let Nicks and Cruz do the talking.  The only way he gets anything in the SB is if Cruz and Nicks are shut down, then maybe he will get some yards unless of course Edelman owns his @ss. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Not once do you hear a peep out of a Patriots' player calling out an opponent nor claim they are the "best" at their position.  The Giants are talking themselves into a performance they won't be able to live up to and, therefore, a big fall!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mario Manningham calls out Edelman : you can hit Eli as often as u like; u may stop him  and beat him but u will not rattle him-he doesn't rattle
    Just like Brady, contrary to what the NY rags say, right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mario Manningham calls out Edelman : you can hit Eli as often as u like; u may stop him  and beat him but u will not rattle him-he doesn't rattle
    That's about the only accurate thing you said yet on here.  Eli does NOT get rattled.  He stands in there and will take a beating.  It's uncanny really and you have to just tip your cap.  Sometimes you see him making these duck throws up there as he's falling away from getting pummelled...yet the ball still falls in the smallest of windows.  Unreal...

As for Brady...he has been getting rattled in the last several years.  The Jets game last year was kind of kooky.  There have been others as well.  I tell you what though...he was beaten senseless in that last SB game and still led a drive in the 4th quarter to go ahead.  He never stopped...bad foot and all. 

Regarding Manningham...he's a tool for speaking out like that.  He should have confidence that he can get the better of a part time DB like Edelman, but have the sense to keep your yap shut publicly.  I'll love it if Edelman gets a pick or causes a fumble (more likely) in the game. 

Sections
Shortcuts