Mario Williams a Buffalo Bill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Mario Williams a Buffalo Bill

The Bills have a ton of cap space...and are meeting with Mario Williams today: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/three-more-teams-waiting-to-meet-with-mario-williams/

A pass-rusher is #1 on their wish list: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article757788.ece

They are also meeting with WR Robert Meachum: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/mario-williams-to-visit-the-buffalo-bills-on-tuesday-night/

Thay are also making noise about winning the AFC East: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/chan-gailey-bills-are-confident-we-can-win-the-afc-east/

Hmmmm... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Mario Williams a Buffalo Bill?

and this is why the buffalo bills are the buffalo bills....."we can win the afc east"? congrats.....everyone can say they have a shot at their division in MARCH

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I doubt Mario Williams would want to go to the crappiest sports city in America.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL, not gonna happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Bills want Mario Williams badly, making huge offer

Indianapolis Colts v Houston TexansGetty Images

The Buffalo Bills are serious about Mario Williams, and they want to get a deal done now.

We already noted that the Bills are hosting Williams tonight, and that they’d like to get a deal done tonight, before the three other serious contenders for his services can get him to come to town. Now we have more information about the nature of the Bills’ offer.

Mark Gaughan of the Buffalo News reports that the Bills are doing all they can to get Williams to sign now, before he leaves Buffalo. The Bills want to make Williams the highest-paid defensive player in the league, with a deal better than the six-year, $91.5 million contract thatJulius Peppers signed with the Bears in 2010. The Bills’ offer to Williams will apparently include more than $91.5 million in total money, more than the $40.5 million in the first three years that the Bears gave Peppers, and more than the $42 million guaranteed that the Bears gave Peppers.

Buffalo’s full-court press for Williams started with G.M. Buddy Nix and defensive coordinator Dave Wannstedt flying to North Carolina to pick Williams up, and Williams is now having dinner with Nix, Wannstedt, CEO Russ Brandon, head coach Chan Gailey and defensive tackle Kyle Williams. The whole gang will try to get Williams to sign tonight, or tomorrow morning at the latest.

The fact that Williams decided to start free agency with a visit to Buffalo strongly suggests that he’s very interested. Now the Bills need to close the deal

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Well if the Bills put Mario up in one of those Buffalo hotels Brady raved about this has no chance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

well he went for the meeting. presumably hes considering it. i dont knwo if hed want to hear the other offers first before deciding.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

sounds like the Bills are putting out a Vintiari "sign now or its off" deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

That's going to be a pretty monstrous D-line if they get him, in the 43 look theyd have Mario, Kyle Williams, Marcell Darius, and someone else.  That's as tough as anyone in the league if you ask me.  Division is getting a bit tougher folks, then again Miami is currently materially worse off w/out Marshall and the Jets continue to have Mark Sanchez.  So things could be worse.  Hopefully by this time tomorrow the Pats will have John Abraham and Floyd in fold.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: Mario Williams a Buffalo Bill?:
    [QUOTE]LOL, not gonna happen.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Not so fast:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/report-bills-expect-to-sign-mario-williams-robert-meachem/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Mario Williams a Buffalo Bill?:
    [QUOTE]     The Bills have a ton of cap space...and are meeting with Mario Williams today: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/three-more-teams-waiting-to-meet-with-mario-williams/      A pass-rusher is #1 on their wish list: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article757788.ece      They are also meeting with WR Robert Meachum: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/mario-williams-to-visit-the-buffalo-bills-on-tuesday-night/      Thay are also making noise about winning the AFC East: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/chan-gailey-bills-are-confident-we-can-win-the-afc-east/      Hmmmm... 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I'd guess that the Bills would have to overwhelm mario with boatloads of money. He went to college in NC and played in Houston. Why the h*ll would he want to go to Buffalo?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Must be planning on getting him blind drunk.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Buffalo is saying both Williams and Meachum will be signed within the next 24 hours.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Report: Mario Williams leaving Buffalo without signing, will visit others

Pierre Thomas, Mario WilliamsAP

The Buffalo Bills appear to have fallen short in their quest to make a big splash on the opening day of free agency with the biggest free agent contract ever given to a defensive player.

Instead, Mario Williams will leave Buffalo without signing and has scheduled a visit with at least one other team, Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports.

So Williams, this year’s top free agent outside Peyton Manning, will continue to look around. What we don’t know is whether his decision to leave Buffalo is an indication that he didn’t like Buffalo’s financial offer, that he didn’t like what he heard from the Bills’ football people, or if he simply wants to take his time and weigh other offers.

Among the teams that are reportedly still hoping to get an audience with Williams are the Bears and the Titans. Some team will almost certainly make Williams the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history, and that team might be the Bills. But it won’t be today.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]Report: Mario Williams leaving Buffalo without signing, will visit others Posted by Michael David Smith on March 13, 2012, 11:20 PM EDT AP The Buffalo Bills appear to have fallen short in their quest to make a big splash on the opening day of free agency with the biggest free agent contract ever given to a defensive player. Instead,  Mario Williams  will leave Buffalo without signing and has scheduled a visit with at least one other team, Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports. So Williams, this year’s top free agent outside  Peyton Manning , will continue to look around. What we don’t know is whether his decision to leave Buffalo is an indication that he didn’t like Buffalo’s financial offer, that he didn’t like what he heard from the Bills’ football people, or if he simply wants to take his time and weigh other offers. Among the teams that are reportedly still hoping to get an audience with Williams are the Bears and the Titans. Some team will almost certainly make Williams the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history, and that team might be the Bills. But it won’t be today.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

If the Titans lose out on Peyton Manning, they'll sign Williams.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

[QUOTE]I doubt Mario Williams would want to go to the crappiest sports city in America.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

A LOT of ZEROES can make Mario WIlliams play in the Crappiest sports city in America trust me!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Mario will not be going to the Bills, you can quote me on that!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Meecham just signed with someone else. I think the Chargers

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Buffalo's like that Absolute l0ser friend, who's either your friend (because he's a decent dude, and you're not heartless enough to tell'em to beat it, without any significant act of provoction <which he makes certain to never do>), OR He's that friend of your real friend who always somehow manages a way to stay close by during any "happening" (Also, chances are they were friends initially b/c the kid lived directly next door, and there were no other options other than proximity when you're 8... And now? Your buddy just exclaims, "Hey, I grew up with the guy, so...wadd'am'I gonna do, ya know?").

Either way, the fact remains the same-  This guy's game is SOoooo insanely bad, that it actually affects YOUR game.  And it's the very same situation right here:  You (NE Patriots) are eyeing this blazing complimentary piece of eye candy at the bar (Brandon Marshall, 22 year old brunette who must be a swimmer or somethin', cause d#mn...!);  You KNOW, she's been glancin' your way, too...noticeably more than towards others;  M#r#n (Buffalo, Friend with no game) who's been hangin' up on ya here and there, so hot chica knows that your in the same group/from the same general area/etc., Suddenly tells you that he thinks that this girl wants him & that he can get her... 

And even though, This guy could ask every single human on earth, what the probability of him actually bedding this gal actually is- And minus only his and his mother's opinions, EVERY one else on the planet would best offer a: 1 in 1 million probability...M#ron with no game, will STILL try to...fail...and throw so many promises of fame, fortune, money her way (the car offer, is actually the guy's intro on first approach)-

-THAT...the hottie concludes the following:  Welllll, I ain't goin' with that l0ser in a million years...buuut, he DID promise me the GNP of a small nation, IF he could just get my phone number (he actually even said that he didn't fully care whether it was a real number, or not)....Annnd, even though I actually like that other guy he's been right near the whole time, Nowwww- I'm not so sure any longer.  I mean, Once I view it in terms of: 7 Trillion Dollars If this l0ser can just go on 1 date with me...or just a plain ole date with his pal, I guess I realize now, that I can do better than either of them...  And even IF, it doesn't ring true in actuality 1 single bit...l0ser guy who's speedo undershirt is purposefully undersized in order to show off his male-tr#mp-stamp, HAS now largely convinced me otherwise...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

I think maybe Mario went to Buffalo because he knew they were ready to overpay. Maybe he had no intention of signing, just wanting to gauge the cash situation. The Bears want him, but they may need to dump some cap. Like I've said, he made huge money being the #1 pick. Though he still wants to get paid, now he may be looking more for an opportunity to play for a championship. I don't blame him, I'd want to check out a few spots before deciding where I was going to be the next few years. But it's nice to know he won't be hunting Brady twice a year!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

It's a done deal. 

Not a big fan of watching Brady getting chased around by this guy two times per year. Solder, Vollmer, and any potential future T's for New England better get their game on!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Mario Williams a Buffalo Bill

Williams is a Bill...and the highest paid defensive player in NFL history. The 27 year old DE/OLB signed a 6 year, $100mil. deal, with $50mil. guaranteed: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article763200.ece

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Buffalo just went from pretenders to contenders. Team needs a DE(s) as Bills moving to 4-3. With Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams. D-line may be one of the best now.

Bills only had 30 sacks in 2011 (riduculous) and with Dave Wannstedt's defensive schemes look for Williams to be what Reggie White did for the Packers.

Pats need to counter with something...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Is was bound to happen.  It wasn't about the money!  Right!  If you're gonna overpay somebody it might as well be a guy in his prime who could change your defense.  But I laugh when people think a player will leave millions on the table to come to the Pats.  This had Julius Peppers Part II written all over it.      

Sections
Shortcuts