Marion Barber not the starter!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Marion Barber not the starter!!!!

According to rotoworld.com Felix Jones will be the starting back. The Cowboys might be willing to trade him.  What do you guys think about him? He is an upgrade over Lawerence!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Re: Marion Barber not the starter!!!!

In Response to Re: Marion Barber not the starter!!!!:
    Well him and Maroney were great together at Minn. so I would love to see the two back together in the Pats backfield but i doubt it.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Would be nice! Both of them with Sammy Morris would be a nice 3 headed monster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

at what cost? 3rd or lower yes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from canpatfan. Show canpatfan's posts

In Response to Marion Barber not the starter!!!!:
    According to rotoworld.com Felix Jones will be the starting back. The Cowboys might be willing to trade him.  What do you guys think about him? He is an upgrade over Lawerence!
    Posted by FLY2K

Would love to see it - I like barbers hard nose style.  Maroney has talent but he is not the same gutsy runner as Barber.  They would compliment each other for sure.  Maybe we could get Stephen Jackson from the Rams next year - lure him away from STL with draft picks??     

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

The emergence of Tashard Choice may make Barber expendable.  However, rotoworld also reported that Dallas paid Barber his $4M roster bonus in March which likely upped the price for any potential suitors.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I love Marion Barber and I've heard people say he's all done but there's no way I can believe that at 26 years old. I think a change of scenery would do him some good at this point. He is exactly what we wanted Maroney to be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Interestingly enough, Barber has averaged 4.3 YPC over his career compared to Maroney's 4.2, granted Barber has 929 career carries to Maroney's 582.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Interestingly enough, Barber has averaged 4.3 YPC over his career compared to Maroney's 4.2, granted Barber has 929 career carries to Maroney's 582.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

True and he's a human battering ram.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Marion Barber not the starter!!!! : True and he's a human battering ram.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Which may also get him out of the league quicker.

I do love his brand of physicality though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Marion Barber not the starter!!!! : Which may also get him out of the league quicker. I do love his brand of physicality though.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

I'll take him for a couple of years if that's all we can get out of him. At 26 he should still have 3 or 4 more left in the tank.  I don't know what exactly happened in Dallas to get him out of favor but I used to love to watch him run as long as it wasn't against us.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

For 2011's 4th round pick? Yes, for anything better? HELLLS NO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He's only 26? Wow, if he's available I'd love to have him. Still remember him stiff arming Rodney in the face a few years ago, love to see what he could do on a little better team running in the cold weather come playoff time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Not many backs that try to run right thru defenders last very long in the NFL.  Look how much Brandon Jacobs dropped off the map last yr. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nooyorkachusettes. Show Nooyorkachusettes's posts

Barber just got a new contract last year?  I doubt it is cheap.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

I'd be down for this, at the right price... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i'd love to get Barber

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I hope the Pats are on the phone with Mr Jerry Jones about M. Barber.  I agree with a lot that most folks already mentioned about him....and would love to see him in a Pats Uni- No doubt about it.  He brings that Physical play on Offense!  I would offer Dallas a 3rd or lower pick in 2011 draft if that is what it takes! 

GO FOR IT!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

yhea his contract is worth like $8 mil a year?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I live in texas and I have had the opportunity to watch a lot of Barber...he is not a starter and they have been using him wrong in Dallas...he is a goal line and short yardage back...he is not a starter...Choice is the right choice..yeah pun intended.  Felix Jones is an explosive and dangerous back, but he is injury prone.

I think that Dallas will let Barber go for the right price, but they have invested a lot in Barber so they will not give him away...but you never know.  It would be interesting to see Barber and Maroney reunite.  But it's still up to the Oline to make some holes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think the Pats are better off targetting a guy in next years draft and pairing him with a vet.  This year there are too many vets on the RB committee and Barber would just be another pretty good, but not great one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

I we got any of the Dallas backs I would want Choice, but that isn't going to happen

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

As I sit here lightly sipping my third glass of Captain Morgan I realize that I'm not the starter in Dallas either, does that make me trade bait for the Pats?

Why would they give up good depth for what is probably a mid round pick for next year that won't help them a bit this year and come to think of it, next year either. Only guy of value that they need is Light, didn't happen during the draft and it won't happen now. Nice post though, I love Barber.

Sections
Shortcuts