Mark Anderson Signs With Bills

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Mark Anderson Signs With Bills

Anderson has signed with the Bills, according to Mike Reiss:  http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=MikeReiss

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Mark Anderson Soon To Be a Bill?

Deal is done, it's for 4 years apparently. Love to hear the numbers but after what they gave Williams wouldn't be surprised if it's a semi big contract. More then we'd likely pay.

Oh well not a huge lose considering a majority of his sacks this year came in garbage time. But, he was making big strides at the end of the season so I had a lot of hope he could continue that improvement here

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Let's hope that Trevor Scott turns out to be similar to Anderson last year, and that a draft pick can contribute to the pass rush as well.  Andre Carter should be back too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Not good. With Williams opposite Anderson is 2x as dangerous

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Mark Anderson Soon To Be a Bill?:
    [QUOTE]Deal is done, it's for 4 years apparently. Love to hear the numbers but after what they gave Williams wouldn't be surprised if it's a semi big contract. More then we'd likely pay. Oh well not a huge lose considering a majority of his sacks this year came in garbage time. But, he was making big strides at the end of the season so I had a lot of hope he could continue that improvement here
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Not a huge loss?   Predict early and often friend

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Mark Anderson Soon To Be a Bill?:
    [QUOTE]Deal is done, it's for 4 years apparently. Love to hear the numbers but after what they gave Williams wouldn't be surprised if it's a semi big contract. More then we'd likely pay. Oh well not a huge lose considering a majority of his sacks this year came in garbage time. But, he was making big strides at the end of the season so I had a lot of hope he could continue that improvement here

Yessir: http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=MikeReiss

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Mark Anderson Signs With Bills

I have my sources Texas but Reiss is a good confirmation

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

4 years..Ok, Now I get it. He would never of got that here.

I guess the BIlls Really want to get to Brady next year. I wonder why they arent stocking up on Run defenders to hold our run game in check...lol

I hope people realize NOW, that noone cares about anything else besides getting to Brady until we get a formidable RB in here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The good thing was that the Bills were one of the teams predicted to go DL in the draft this year. My guess is they go either T or WR now. This will let one of the better DL drop to us now

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Mark Anderson Signs With Bills:
    [QUOTE]The good thing was that the Bills were one of the teams predicted to go DL in the draft this year. My guess is they go either T or WR now. This will let one of the better DL drop to us now

I see the Bills taking either WR Michael Floyd, or OT Reilly Reiff with their 10th overall pick. They are shaping up as the most serious challenger to the Pats in the AFC East. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

What an ingrate, just another money grubbing me first player. Anderson revived his career in 2011 playing for the Pats and for a few mil less could have been part of a really special team. Anderson like most athletes perform very well in their walk yr. Bills overpaid, 4 yrs $27.5 w/$6 mil guaranteed.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Anderson Signs With Bills :      I see the Bills taking either WR Michael Floyd, or OT Reilly Reiff with their 10th overall pick. They are shaping up as the most serious challenger to the Pats in the AFC East. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Yep the Phins and Jets are a joke now. Bills might be a serious contender with that D. They get Floyd (I'm thinking they go after Floyd since I think the Jags grab Reiff) and they have a good overall team

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

So what is NE going to do to replace that pressure?

Trevor Scott. Woooow. 

I seriously hope they draft someone who can get after the QB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The Bills are doing their best NYG impression.  I am glad BB didn't pony up what Buffalo just paid Anderson, but I really hope we go defense heavy in the draft this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Bills signed DE Mark Anderson to a four-year, $27.5 million contract, with $8 million guaranteed.

Overpaid for a one trick pony as they say.. wish him the best till he plays the Pats. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]What an ingrate, just another money grubbing me first player. Anderson revived his career in 2011 playing for the Pats and for a few mil less could have been part of a really special team. Anderson like most athletes perform very well in their walk yr. Bills overpaid, 4 yrs $27.5 w/$6 mil guaranteed.   
    Posted by chiefret[/QUOTE]

Come on now...how could he pass that offer up? Doesn't Anderson have an obligation to his family? Do you think that the Patriots were willing to pay him anything close to that?

Though I'm sorry to see him go, I'm happy for him.

Incidently, it's $8mil. guaranteed...not $6mil.: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2012/03/bills-have-anderson-in-sights.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]So what is NE going to do to replace that pressure? Trevor Scott. Woooow.  I seriously hope they draft someone who can get after the QB.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought Williams and Anderson were supposed to end up on our team!  Smile

DE/OLB continues to be a huge need for the Pats  (along with safetly and/or corner).  Let's hope BB can address that in the draft this year.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Too bad, he was a good pass rusher.  I can understand why the Pats may not want to match Buffalo's offer since Anderson was a slight upgrade to TBC in their eyes most likely.  He should help Buffalo if they use him right. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]So what is NE going to do to replace that pressure? Trevor Scott. Woooow.  I seriously hope they draft someone who can get after the QB.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

The Pats definately have their work cut out for them in the upcoming draft. They need two pass-rushers, a DT/DE, an OT (if Matt Light retires), and a RB (to replace and/or upgrade on BJGE).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Melvin Ingram anyone???

Are we evne sure that Carter is a lock to resign and will regain the form he showed last year??

Good thing we plugged a lot of holes in F/A. Were gonna need to use ALL our pics on defense outside of a RB(barring a trade) and a O-Lineman..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]Can't fault the guy for wanting to be a part of a team committed to improving their defense. 
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

At least their QB isn't so bad they sign Tebow like your team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]The Bills are doing their best NYG impression.  I am glad BB didn't pony up what Buffalo just paid Anderson, but I really hope we go defense heavy in the draft this year.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Looking at the positive side, we'll have 2 games to see this style of defense before the playoffs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Melvin Ingram anyone??? Are we evne sure that Carter is a lock to resign and will regain the form he showed last year?? Good thing we plugged a lot of holes in F/A. Were gonna need to use ALL our pics on defense outside of a RB(barring a trade) and a O-Lineman..
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Ingram, or Whitney Mercilus could be their man. Mercilus is an Anderson type, while Ingram has a chance to develop into an every down player. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Anderson Signs With Bills : Yeah, I thought Williams and Anderson were supposed to end up on our team!  DE/OLB continues to be a huge need for the Pats  (along with safetly and/or corner).  Let's hope BB can address that in the draft this year.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

That has to be the plan. Granted, I'm not sure seven million per was in their plans, Buffalo just threw the bank at him, but the need stands. 

It's almost like you need to make one or two "overpays" if you want to get over the top right now. 

C'est la vie. 

Also, I really don't expect them to actually use a high  draft pick on a plus athlete to come in as a rusher. They never have and I don't see why that would change this season. 

BB looks for value, but the problem is that there is no such thing as "value" at WR, CB, and OLB/DE, the three places this team has struggled. 

If you have "it" the market prices you out in draft picks, salary or both.