Mark barron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

Mark barron

This kid is a monster somebody please make sure bill bellichek sees this kid he is a top 15 talent any other year we have a shot at getting him in the bottom of the 1st we need him he would be a monster next to chung

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Re: Mark barron

In Response to Mark barron:
    [QUOTE]This kid is a monster somebody please make sure bill bellichek sees this kid he is a top 15 talent any other year we have a shot at getting him in the bottom of the 1st we need him he would be a monster next to chung
    Posted by dblock33644[/QUOTE]

I saw one mock last week that had him falling to the Pats at 27 (which if I remember correctly is where they drafted Merriweather)--but lately he seems to be projected more in the mid-teens, not sure BB would go up to get him, I'm curious to see if they'll be interested in any of the safties on the FA market

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Give me Tyvon Branch first, if not Branch then Landry. If not Landry then Griffin and if we get screwed out of all three, go get Barron because its hard to watch this defense with Digs playing safety...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanVA33. Show PatsFanVA33's posts

Hey dblock33644 BB just finished playing golf with Saban, do you think it's entirely possible he got a little insight on the kid? If he wants him, he'll go get him...IMHO, Barron would be a great addition to the back end of our defense, however, it all depends on what they feel they want to do with McCourty, who seemed to play pretty well at the S towards the end of the season.

Keep in mind, with an actual off-season this spring/summer all of the young kids they used this season will be that much better moving forward.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

If he falls to #27 BB will be on Barron like white on rice!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

not sure hes a in the box SS chung is actually a good player safties were bad because we lost him for almost half the year. I want more of a rnagy FS eugene wilson type i would love landry

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

In response to "Re: Mark barron": [QUOTE]Give me Tyvon Branch first, if not Branch then Landry. If not Landry then Griffin and if we get screwed out of all three, go get Barron because its hard to watch this defense with Digs playing safety... Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE] I agree! I think we need the good free agent rte for safety,draft playmaking corners. Tyvon Branch would be a real good pick up,then maybe a pass rusher DE as well. Defense defense defense.draft D players bill! Use the picks this year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The way it looks now the Pats will need to move up to get Barron.  There are teams just in front of the Pats that need a safety as well.  There are opinions out there that he's not a good tackler.  If that's true the Pats may not have an interest anyway.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I don't know a ton about him but from everything I've read and heard, Barron is an in-the-box strong safety who is better against the run than the pass.  Good player, no doubt, but the Patriots really need a deep cover safety.  This is one position I would turn to free agency to fill first and foremost.  Guys like Goldson, Griffin, Landry, Branch.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

The number 1 priority with our safety position is working with Chung to try and keep him healthy.  That more than anything hurt the secondary last year.  Barron's a solid player, but may not be what we need right now to go alongside Chung.  I agree with posters above FA may be the way to go to fill that spot. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Fix the FRONT 7 FIRST !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In Response to Re: Mark barron:
    [QUOTE]2 years ago I had to watch one of those 1:oo clock games before the Pats. Giants Redskins, Landry hit Jacobs so hard knocked him out of the game. Guy was all over the field making tackles. Very SMART Saftey too. Love the way he plays the game.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Bobby - Leron Landry "Dirty Thirty" to us Skins fans is a 27 year-old star.  Even with injuries, lets get this man now.  He would be like Rodney H back ther for us and everyone would drop a few passes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

bb trade up??? riiight

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

Barron is slipping in most draft boards so im hoping he comes to New England. healthy. think Chung plays deep well when healthy. barron when he played for alabama was like chung and two chungs is better than 1.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

I'm all set drafting a S in the first round. The position is being taking out of the game. Not to mention he's overrated. This team has too many needs before S anyways. DE , OLB , WR , CB are all more important.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]I'm all set drafting a S in the first round. The position is being taking out of the game. Not to mention he's overrated. This team has too many needs before S anyways. DE , OLB , WR , CB are all more important.
    Posted by 1guy1sharp[/QUOTE]

1.  The S position is not being taken out of the game, if anything, the need for quality safety play has only been hightened by the emergence of more athletic flex TE's and the movement towards a more pass happy league.

2.  On tape, Barron is one of the better defensive playes in the entire class, though I'm curious as to why you think he's overrated?

3.  S is arguably the biggest need on this team as they currently have Chung and a bunch of scrubs back there.  I also think DMC was played there more out of necessity which only further validates their lack of depth/talent at the position.  Sure, they could use help at the other positions, but to say that S isn't at or neard the top of their need list is just incorrect.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

1) Have you watched pro football over the last decade? I'm asking that as a serious question. Because if you have watched it you'd know more teams are taking S's off the field and putting more cb's in. The NFL is has taken almost every physical aspect away , playing that position. I'm sorry your argument here is just terrible. You say the need for the S position has increased , yet there's not ONE S that plays in the league today that can cover guys like Finley , Gronk etc. Not one. 2) If by better players in the draft you mean an extra lb , because that's all he'll be. Than sure he's your man. The guy has struggled in coverage in college and you think he'll be able to cover Jimmy Graham? If this S class wasn't weak then this guy wouldn't even be in the conversion. BTW how did you feel about Brandon Meriweather? 3) If you think that S is the teams biggest concern then you absolutely need to go back and do your homework. This team has a huge hole ay DE , OLB , WR and CB. All much bigger needs than S.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

Not sure why I even responded. You think Chung should be a capt. Whos going to follow a guy who can never stay healthy? Seriously how many impact plays has the guy ever made? Listen he has tons of potential , but he hasn't done anything at all to deserve that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark barron : 1.  The S position is not being taken out of the game, if anything, the need for quality safety play has only been hightened by the emergence of more athletic flex TE's and the movement towards a more pass happy league. 2.  On tape, Barron is one of the better defensive playes in the entire class, though I'm curious as to why you think he's overrated? 3.  S is arguably the biggest need on this team as they currently have Chung and a bunch of scrubs back there.  I also think DMC was played there more out of necessity which only further validates their lack of depth/talent at the position.  Sure, they could use help at the other positions, but to say that S isn't at or neard the top of their need list is just incorrect.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]
    I know that you don't need my help Mike, but I agree.  Safety is the biggest need on the team!!!...!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]1) Have you watched pro football over the last decade? I'm asking that as a serious question. Because if you have watched it you'd know more teams are taking S's off the field and putting more cb's in. The NFL is has taken almost every physical aspect away , playing that position. I'm sorry your argument here is just terrible. You say the need for the S position has increased , yet there's not ONE S that plays in the league today that can cover guys like Finley , Gronk etc. Not one. 2) If by better players in the draft you mean an extra lb , because that's all he'll be. Than sure he's your man. The guy has struggled in coverage in college and you think he'll be able to cover Jimmy Graham? If this S class wasn't weak then this guy wouldn't even be in the conversion. BTW how did you feel about Brandon Meriweather? 3) If you think that S is the teams biggest concern then you absolutely need to go back and do your homework. This team has a huge hole ay DE , OLB , WR and CB. All much bigger needs than S.

1) Have you watched pro football over the last decade? I'm asking that as a serious question. Because if you have watched it you'd know more teams are taking S's off the field and putting more cb's in. The NFL is has taken almost every physical aspect away , playing that position. I'm sorry your argument here is just terrible. You say the need for the S position has increased , yet there's not ONE S that plays in the league today that can cover guys like Finley , Gronk etc. Not one.

Hahaha.  Teams spend more time in nickel/dime packages, but that still doesn't diminish the need for quality safeties.  Teams are not covering Gronk/Graham etc., with their #1 or even #2 CB’s, in most cases they’re matched up against a LB or S, whether they do an awesome job in coverage is a different argument.  Though by your argument, since few if any CB’s can consistently cover a small sample of elite NFL WR’s (Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson etc.), then the need for the position has probably been diminished. 

2) If by better players in the draft you mean an extra lb , because that's all he'll be. Than sure he's your man. The guy has struggled in coverage in college and you think he'll be able to cover Jimmy Graham? If this S class wasn't weak then this guy wouldn't even be in the conversion. BTW how did you feel about Brandon Meriweather?

I’ll sit back and wait for your list of players that can/will/does consistently cover Graham/Gronk etc. 

Oh, and glad you asked, I wanted Eric Weddle in the 2007 draft.  I was probably wrong about him too…

3) If you think that S is the teams biggest concern then you absolutely need to go back and do your homework. This team has a huge hole ay DE , OLB , WR and CB. All much bigger needs than S.

I repeat, “S is arguably the biggest need on this team as they currently have Chung and a bunch of scrubs back there.  I also think DMC was played there more out of necessity which only further validates their lack of depth/talent at the position.  Sure, they could use help at the other positions, but to say that S isn't at or near the top of their need list is just incorrect.”

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

LOL You really didn't need to admit that you wanted and like Eric Weddle. The guy is one of the poster boys for overrated and overpaid. I'm not sure why your waiting on " my list " , when there is no list. I'm sorry man but your not making much sense here. In one post you say that the S position is not being taken out of the game. And then admit that teams are spending more time in nickel/dime packages. The position is absolutely be taken out of the game , there's no debate about that. You don't see teams going after and paying big money for them. Except for SD , how'd that work out for them? You don't see teams targeting S's early on in the draft. For a reason! The giants just won a SB by taking a S off the field! They matched up with teams by playing in their " big " nickel package. GB also had a lot success taking S's off the field last year in different sub packages.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

I disagree with 1guy1sharp. safety has net been taken out of the game what has been taken out of the game are the lawyer milloy rodney harrison types that consistently play in the box to stop run. they have been replaced by the troy polomalues and ed reeds and nick collins safetys that can tackle but whose best asset is ball hawking and playing centerfield.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]LOL You really didn't need to admit that you wanted and like Eric Weddle. The guy is one of the poster boys for overrated and overpaid. I'm not sure why your waiting on " my list " , when there is no list. I'm sorry man but your not making much sense here. In one post you say that the S position is not being taken out of the game. And then admit that teams are spending more time in nickel/dime packages. The position is absolutely be taken out of the game , there's no debate about that. You don't see teams going after and paying big money for them. Except for SD , how'd that work out for them? You don't see teams targeting S's early on in the draft. For a reason! The giants just won a SB by taking a S off the field! They matched up with teams by playing in their " big " nickel package. GB also had a lot success taking S's off the field last year in different sub packages.

What are they gonna call a cover 2 defense when they don't utilizie safeties?  Who then has responsibility for the deep half?  I mean, I see your point, it's not like safeties are valuable players that are used all over the field, deep half/third, single high or in the slot or down in the box or as a blitzer.  They'll be phased out like fullbacks before we know it...

Also, if safeties aren't needed or are being phased out, why did BB move DMC to S?  I mean aren't S's being taken out of the game?  Seems odd that BB would put one of his defensive/team captains at such a valueless position...  I also find it odd that a coach with the reputation as a defensive mastermind would put so much stock (one 1st rounder (Meriweather) and two 2nd round picks (Wilson/Chung)) into such a valueless position during his time in NE?  Heck, it's clear that Rodney had no impact on their defense during his time here... useless safeties...

Nickel/Dime means an extra player or two in coverage (an extra CB or S or LB etc.), it doesn't mean they have to remove a safety from the field. 

The NYG won the Super Bowl because they had the best front 4 in the NFL, to go along with a very good group of QB/WR's that were matched up against an average to below average defense with a poor secondary.  They also made the plays when they had to when NE did not... it also didn't help that Gronk was a shell of himself and relegated to decoy, which didn't fool anyone.

Yeah GB is an awesome example, they were very good vs. the pass this season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

Man your all over the place. In one sentence your saying they'll be phased out of the game etc. Then , in another try and claim how valuable they are. Let me make myself perfectly clear. The position is being taken out of the game. It hasn't yet , but just you said , it will be. As for DMC you have to be joking. This defense was absolutely torn apart this year with injuries. We had a Wr playing cb for god sakes. As for Meriweather , what's your point? BB the gm has made some terrible mistakes drafting players. This actually makes my point , not yours. Meriweather was a terrible player here. The guy can't even play in system that plays to his strengths. Dude your making terrible arguments here. LOL Arnt you a dmc BTW.

Sections
Shortcuts