Mark Harrison Released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Mark Harrison Released

Probably one of the most overhyped UDFA in recent history.  I was interested to see if they would use him at TE in camp, but obviously BB didn't think he had much versatility.

This cut made room for LB James Anderson, per Mike Reiss.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: Mark Harrison Released

the LB the just picked up looks good. 30 years old, comes from a 100+ tackles 4 sack season in Chicago.

Solid !

I love the New England Patriots, but i am not a fanatic. I want the team to win games the right way, playing good football. I demand the best from the players and the organization, because i support them the best way i can.          ISAAC ANDREU

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Assuming Harrison wasn't going to try TE, he really has no chance to make the team this year. This is a deep group of WR's that goes 7-8 deep with legit possibilities. JE, DA, Dobson, Lafell, Boyce, Slater, Gallon, Thompkins have to be considered higher on the depth chart. 

I would have liked to see Harrison at camp at TE, but obviously the coaches thought better of it. 

I also thought the need for Anderson was great, and like the signing. Saw some tape on him, and in the right situation he can help this team

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

He led the Bears in tackles last season and had 4 sacks. Sounds like he could be helpful in a lot of situations. If Mayo is healthy, LB might be the strength of the defense. Good signing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Great depth addition.  I like this signing.  Too bad Harrison got cut this quick.  I had high hopes for him, too high obviously.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Probably one of the most overhyped UDFA in recent history.  I was interested to see if they would use him at TE in camp, but obviously BB didn't think he had much versatility.

This cut made room for LB James Anderson, per Mike Reiss.

[/QUOTE]

His college film showed him to be very slow, IMO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Harrison was late for OTA's that's not good when you're on the bubble. Also a report that he dropped an easy pass from Brady at OTA's other day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yeah, never saw him as an answer at TE so no real surprise here. Esp, considering reports of him not grasping the O and feelings he never would. Really though, did people actual believe he'd be the solution at TE and that's why they didn't sign one or draft one?

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Really though, did people actual believe he'd be the solution at TE and that's why they didn't sign one or draft one?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, actually they did.  Mind blowing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

50% of players drafted are drafted on measurables with the team feeling they can then coach the player up. 

Harrison's measurables are off the charts

not that it needs to be public, but the leak out of Foxboro indicates that even after a year of study, he isn't going to grasp the offense. The team learned it's lesson last year, that WR's that can't grasp this offense are going to kill the QB....

the intrigue with Harrison is size. The current Pats WR's are so small the window of opportunity to catch a pass is about the size of a basement casement window. None of these WR's are going to win a ball that is up for grabs. The window of opportunity to catch a pass with a Dez Bryant or Megatron is the size of a double hung exterior storm door. They are going to win most battles for the ball.

couple that with no TE. Brady needs to be 110% perfect. If he is 90% perfect, it's problematic. 

Yet some imbecile thinks Brady is slipping. That the team loses because of Brady. Unreal. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

50% of players drafted are drafted on measurables with the team feeling they can then coach the player up. 

not that it needs to be public, but the leak out of Foxboro indicates that even after a year of study, he isn't going to grasp the offense. The team learned it's lesson last year, that WR's that can't grasp this offense are going to kill the QB....

the intrigue with Harrison is size. The current Pats WR's are so small the window of opportunity to catch a pass is about the size of a basement casement window. None of these WR's are going to win a ball that is up for grabs. The window of opportunity to catch a pass with a Dez Bryant or Megatron is the size of a double hung exterior storm door. They are going to win most battles for the ball.

couple that with no TE. Brady needs to be 110% perfect. If he is 90% perfect, it's problematic. 

Yet some imbecile thinks Brady is slipping. That the team loses because of Brady. Unreal. 

[/QUOTE]

Rusty's always had a few screws loose, but lately the hinges have come completely off the door . . .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

And yet he wasn't drafted. That should say something right there. I know some think being drafted or UDFA makes no difference in a player but really how can a guy with those types of triangle numbers not get drafted? Unless teams thought he lacked talent and ability to be coached. That makes it all the more confusing people believed he could switch over to a new position (yes I know he did some TE work very early in his football life). People around here just get way to excited about UDFA's and think that BB can move them like chess pieces to where ever he likes and they would succeed. While in real life UDFA's are extremely miss with a few hits. Most who enter the league aren't even role players and are quickly out of the league. But hey when you only got 256 new bodies via draft each year you have to fill the back end of the roster with whatever you can get your hands on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Patriots WRs (excluding UDFAs and such, one of these guys won't make it but not sure who at this point?)

6'3 200 (Dobson)

6'2 210 (LaFell)

6'1 195 (Thompkins)

5'11 195 (Amendola)

5'11 205 (Boyce)

5'10 198 (Edelman)

Denver WRs (top 5, #6 is ?)

6'3 229 (Thomas)

6'2 215 (Latimer)

6'0 200 (Caldwell)

5'11 180 (Sanders)

5'9 185 (Welker)

The Pats have two 5'11s, a 6'1, a 6'2 and a 6'3 and their smallest is 5'10.

Denver has a 5'11, a 6'0, a 6'2 and a 6'3 and their smallest is 5'9.

So, what's this window thing you speak of?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This year on my recap of my draft guide I went over all the picks and UDFA's signed, I liked about half of the entire group and I stated my case for each.  If a poster says they like an UDFA it is implied that player is likely a project and won't start, very few rookies do regardless of where they got drafted.  Why don't you moaners quit implying that just because we point out the positive attributes of a new player that we have already fit them for a HOF jacket.  Many of us who get accused of being "homers" actually are very pragmatic and measured in our words, conversely the whiners are the same ones telling us Vince Wilfork sucks, Mayo is no good, Hightower is a bust... Who is unrealistic again?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This year on my recap of my draft guide I went over all the picks and UDFA's signed, I liked about half of the entire group and I stated my case for each.  If a poster says they like an UDFA it is implied that player is likely a project and won't start, very few rookies do regardless of where they got drafted.  Why don't you moaners quit implying that just because we point out the positive attributes of a new player that we have already fit them for a HOF jacket.  Many of us who get accused of being "homers" actually are very pragmatic and measured in our words, conversely the whiners are the same ones telling us Vince Wilfork sucks, Mayo is no good, Hightower is a bust... Who is unrealistic again?

[/QUOTE]

Well the problem is there seems to be no middle ground in any discussions around here. You can point out positives that you like and that is good, but as soon as someone points out something that they don't like about a player or question a player's worth?? They will be called spoiled or labeled a troll.

There doesn't seem to be any tolerance for objectivity around here. This is supposed to be a football forum, not a "try on your cheer leader outfit" forum...where everything is full of glitter and ready to sit on Santa's lap. And I have no problem whatsoever when people glorify our players - deserved or not - but don't go and slam me when I don't think a guy like Patrick Chung is a good player (and I say it). Too me that is crap. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well the problem is there seems to be no middle ground in any discussions around here. You can point out positives that you like and that is good, but as soon as someone points out something that they don't like about a player or question a player's worth?? They will be called spoiled or labeled a troll.

There doesn't seem to be any tolerance for objectivity around here. This is supposed to be a football forum, not a "try on your cheer leader outfit" forum...where everything is full of glitter and ready to sit on Santa's lap. And I have no problem whatsoever when people glorify our players - deserved or not - but don't go and slam me when I don't think a guy like Patrick Chung is a good player (and I say it). Too me that is crap.

[/QUOTE]

^What he said.