Mark Ingram- Heisman RB- In 2011, he will be a Patriot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

Mark Ingram- Heisman RB- In 2011, he will be a Patriot

Use the Oakland pick on him. Gonna guess we pick him around 6th, 7th, or 8th overall.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Re: Mark Ingram- Heisman RB- In 2011, he will be a Patriot

Pointess speculation is pointless.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I would so much rather Peterson CB.  He could be the next Revis.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I guess that he is the leader in the clubhouse for the guy everyone wants to use that pick on. I haven't looked at the graduating class as of yet so I don't have a clear winner.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

I love this pick! Mark ingram in a patriots jersey ftw!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

The great thing about the Raiders' pick next year is that the Pats can go after anbody they want, except for maybe 4 or 5 guys (and you have to figure about half of those will be a QB and a couple O-linemen). That could potentially leave guys like Patrick Peterson (CB, LSU), Mark Ingram (RB, Alabama), Greg Romeus (DE/OLB, Pitt), and perhaps one or two of the three big-time receivers expected to declare next year (Julio Jones, Malcom Floyd, and AJ Green). There are so many directions that Pats could take, it is almost useless to try to predict them as of right now. If Bulter emerges as a player at CB (which I think he will) and if the Pats draft a pass-rusher or two this year (which I also think they will do), I'd be willing to bet the pick will be Mark Ingram (provided that Moss re-signs, which isn't exactly a given).

Right now, there's just too much football to be played between now and April of 2011 to make an accurate prediction. It's an interesing topic, though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Yeah I seem to remember the buzz when a certain Laura Mahoney was everyones wish, look what happened there

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

I like Ingram. However, I doubt he will be a top 10 pick. I also think the Pats need a RB THIS year, not next. 

But I've been wondering if Kendall Hunter, RB Oklahoma State     and Noel Devine, RB West Virginia  were in this year's draft. Does anybody know?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Funny thing the other RB 'bama has is better than Ingram.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SidewayZ29. Show SidewayZ29's posts

Much rather see the Pats draft Ryan Mathews this year at #22.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Mark Ingram- Heisman RB- In 2011, he will be a Patriot:
    I like Ingram. However, I doubt he will be a top 10 pick. I also think the Pats need a RB THIS year, not next.  But I've been wondering if Kendall Hunter, RB Oklahoma State     and Noel Devine, RB West Virginia  were in this year's draft. Does anybody know?
    Posted by jiminycricket

JC,
    Neither player is in this years draft.  Devine in particular is a kid that really intrigues me next year though, kid is electric with the ball in his hands, can score from anywhere on the field and is a threat as both a runner and receiver.  I think he'll be firmly on NE's radar....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I like the names that Mord and Committee have brought up, specifically Peterson and Romeus.

Another kid to watch this year is Kyle Rudolph the TE from ND (6-6 260), athletic, great pass catcher and has the size to play in-line.  ND will operate primarily out of the shotgun pass first spread offense this year so it'll be interesting to see how he performs.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Ok this is dangerous but Im going to assume your a football fan because your on here. But obviously your not a very smart one , why would you want to draft a RB w/ a potential top ten pick? RBs are a dime a dozen and so far theres nothing to special about Ingram , certainly not AD or CJ special. Some of the best backs ever werent even picked in the first and this still holds true today , so again why would you want to pick him with a top ten pick? Good thing BB and the PATS dont listen to the morons on this board.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

Picks 1 and 32 would be amazing, I agree. Probably not gonna happen, but let's at least hope for 32. Cool

As for possible picks next year, I want Robert Quinn, DE/OLB from UNC. He's an absolute beast. Two-time high school heavyweight wrestling champion, so he really understands leverage, and apparently runs a 4.5 at 6'5 #265. He has an incredible story, too, as he overcame a brain tumor to get back on the field, and now he mentors younger athletes with diseases and tumors. High character, competitive, highly productive kid (12 sacks as a sophmore).

Jonathan Baldwin also intrigues me. Just watch his game against Notre Dame to see why.

I'll echo the Ingram and Peterson comments, though with Bodden resigned and Butler emerging, I don't know if we need another highly drafted corner. RB is definitely a need, and Ingram is a flat out stud. Anyone who doubts that just needs to watch his Heisman YouTube tape to see his passion and desire; my favorite thing about the video is the emotion he shows when accepting the Heisman. With tears streaming down his face, he thanks God and his family for just making it to where he is. Rough upbringing, dad's in jail, etc--but he's worked hard to make the most of his opportunities, and he's very humble. Love him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Mark Ingram- Heisman RB- In 2011, he will be a Patriot:
    Much rather see the Pats draft Ryan Mathews this year at #22.
    Posted by SidewayZ29

Ryan mathhews played in a scrub conference that doesn't play the best defense, his good stats are a smoke screen. I could see if he ran up those numbers in the SEC