mark ingram or other high first round back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

mark ingram or other high first round back?

i know its way early to even bring this up but now that maroney is gone (thank god) we are thin at halfback. i'm glad to see taylor as the starter and have been wanting him to start since day one when we signed him but if he goes down again all we have is faulk and Green Ellis and i dont see those two or all three being effective enough and not to mention i could see faulk and taylor callilng it done after this season. So with Oaklands first round pick which i think will be at least a top ten do we take ingram or some other back or do we wait til the second or our later first round pick? Just a side note what about Williams from the panthers. i believe i read somewhere that he is a contract year but i'm not positive but i dont see the panthers holding on two both backs can we get one via trade or free agentcy next offseason?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: mark ingram or other high first round back?

he's not even the best RB at Alabama.

if we go first round for a RB, i like Daniel Thomas, another guy that would make a good RB is Nesbitt out of GT, he plays QB normally but can run downhill pretty good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I think that Bill B saved this pick for a back. When we had Dillion Brady could do anything he wanted. We get a bruising back like Steven Jackson and wow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

guys its week 2. enjoy this season and worry about the draft later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: mark ingram or other high first round back?:
    guys its week 2. enjoy this season and worry about the draft later.
    Posted by artielang

so what, there's nothing wrong with discussing this topic

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I think that Bill B saved this pick for a back. When we had Dillion Brady could do anything he wanted. We get a bruising back like Steven Jackson and wow.
    Posted by Philskiw

Unfortunately it is mostly luck to get a back like that.  Jackson was the 24th pick.  CJ2K was a later pick.  We dont need a top 10 back

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I'd never draft a RB that high. They're a dime a dozen and not as valuable as they once were.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

We do not need a 1st round rb. With the oak pick - we need the best 3-4 sack/pressure creating, sure tackling olb or de. Pat's 1st - need the best offensive tackle to pair with vollmer for years. Round 2 - use carolina pick to get one of the top 1-4 guards or centers in the draft, and use the pat's 2nd to look for neal's replacement down the line. We can get a good back in fa, and as denver prooved for years, a good line can make any back look good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

the point is that we dont know what players will be considered top picks right now, we dont know where we will be picking, and we dont know what our needs will be. maybe law firm emerges as a solid starter after fred taylor gets injured? maybe brace and deaderick emerge as good DE's? maybe moss leaves and tate blows out his knee again and we need a game breaking WR? 
    so it seems kind of useless to speculate right now, especially with a hugely exciting game coming up. besides, we all know BB will trade that top 5 pick for 10 second rounders and there wont be football next season anyway.

In Response to Re: mark ingram or other high first round back? : so what, there's nothing wrong with discussing this topic
    Posted by kansaspatriot

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Don't forget free agency. Isn't the kid from Carolina going to be available?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

just you watch BB is going to move out of first round (with Oak's pick) and pick a RB in late 1st or early 2nd. I think Maroney experiment left a bad taste in his mouth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

my friend keeps bringing up we need to use oaklands first on a halfback and i disagree thats why i started this thread. i think assuming we dont trade off oaklands first we use it on the best d lineman available who can put big pressure on the quarterback or take a o lineman to help the run game and help tom either way i want that to be how our first round goes down and i say we heavily go after deangelo williams from carolina. i've heard that he is in the last year of his contract so either sign him to a big contract in FA or trade for him. If we can resign moss, bring in williams to run it, and with our first two picks help our D and O line, and than with carolina 2nd looking like its going to be a good one help our Db's and i can see us being immediate contenders

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I like Mark Ingram. He's a tough, physical back that knows how to hit, catch and pass protect. All the things that make for a good RB in New England, but the prospect of picking up an OLB, C, LT and LG is too much to pass up. 

Chris Benson will be a free agent next year and at 27 he's still got some miles left in the tank, what if the Pats go after him? 

I hope that Ron Brace can mature into a good DE because then we wouldn't need to draft one. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

I tend to agree that a RB that high is some what wasteful .....
    The biggest needs for the first 4 picks  for 2011 would be in this order  DL , RG , RB , C

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I would wait until round 2 where we have 2 picks also, or round 3 to draft a back. There is decent depth going into round 3, so we should be able to draft a quality back in 2 or 3. 

I think we save our 1sts and 1 of our seconds to address;
    DE
    OLB
    OL
    Possibly WR depending on what we do with Moss. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

If Ingram is healthy he'll go in the top 6 -7. If We get a pick that high it will be going on a D-Lineman or OLB if BB thinks there are any worthy of a pick that high.
    Just going by history and I have heard BB mention that you don't use high first round picks on RB's because they're too big a gamble. This was a Bill Parcells philosophy also. It's so early in the college season that it's hard to tell what RB is going to pop from obscurity into the Heisman picture but I'm sure there will be some good contenders.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I tend to agree that a RB that high is some what wasteful ..... The biggest needs for the first 4 picks  for 2011 would be in this order  DL , RG , RB , C
    Posted by hoyle

You dont see OLB in that top 4???? It is tied for #1 in my list with DE.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

You guys forgeting about WR?  If they don't resign Moss, there going to need to draft a bigtime WR.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

this is going to be an OL, DL, DE type of draft.  They need bodies on both sides of the ball.  But who the hell really knows?  It'll be another TE for all we know. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

Never too early when you have the raiders # 1 .  saw a mock draft with NE picking 4th.

Like Ingram too but the kid richardson really looks impressive. 

Most likely NE complete the rebuild of their defense by adding a DE and OLB and then they can get a RB in round 2 and a top notch OL also in round 2.

I am already on the Raiders watch looking for them to lose every game. 

dboss

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

So much will depend on whether there's a sensible rookie pay scale in place. If there is, and we have a top-5 pick, I wouldn't mind taking a stud back like Ingram, because we've got 3 more picks in the first 2 rounds to get good DE/OLB, DT, and OL talent. But if you have to pay top dollar, you've got to go DT or DE, unless there is a hog-Hannah or Ogden type O-lineman out there.

Sections
Shortcuts