Mark Ingram

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duc749Rider. Show Duc749Rider's posts

Re: Mark Ingram

In Response to Re: Mark Ingram:
    [QUOTE]Ingram was an overrated pick. He wasn't fast at Alabama ... so I wonder why people think he would be fast elsewhere.  There wasn't a single RB worth a first rounder last season. Ingram got it because he won a trophy.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Z is spot on with this.  I am an Ingram fan and a Bama fan (Roll Tide), but I agree that Ingram is overrated for NFL purposes and am glad the Pats didn't pick him, especially with a first round pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

I thought many of you said that you "Watched" the game.... seems you only saw what you were looking to see to me.

Almost every time Ingram was on the field it was a running play.  When they figured they might pass it was always Thomas or Sproles....  I understand those players have probably got better hands, but alas, I am sure that Capers realized it too. Therefore if Ingram was in the game they played 7-8 in the box, designed to kill the run.  The few times that the Saints took advantage of it were big- because they went off to a pass over the middle about 12 yards out and were able to grab 20.
    On the final play of the game, my long since dearly departed mother knew what the Saints were going to try.  Capers sent down the play to "STUFF" the middle of the line, and alas his players performed their assigned tasks well.  Look at the heap, there was no hole in that line anywhere.  Ingram should have seen that and fakedthe center and attempted to go a few yards outside.... However the Packers knew it was going to be a run because Ingram was in the game.

If the saints do not decide to throw to ingram once in a while, then it will be simple to decide how to defense their offense.  
    I beleive that Ingram will still be a quality back, I know sproles is a heck of a back with a ton of moves... and Thomas has many abilities out of the backfield.  I honestly believe that if INGRAM means run play that the Saints wiolo never make the most of his ability- they need to throw out of that formation (to him) also a few times.  If he catches one on the outside a few times and gashes the defense then they will need to pay for that possibility during a game.   On many plays Thursday if Ingram was in the played the center of the scrimmage almost exclusively. 

I guess we shall see, but I do not for one moment believe that this kid is washed up based on one game.... he very well could come back and torch a couple lesser teams in the next few weeks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Ingram : Well said....  and I think it's pretty easy to tell which will have a better year...  It's called " Yards Per Carry "...  Ridley may not have as many carries as Ingram this year because the Pats are STACKED at the RB position right now....  People are always so quick to say "It's only Pre-season"....  I say Athletic Moves are Athletic Moves....  It's still football and the moves I saw Ridley make were nothing short of dynamic and explosive. Also... that argument can go both ways because Ridley was playing behind the 2nd and 3rd team O-Line which were not doing a very good job at opening holes, yet he improvised and turned what looked like sure losses into huge gains almost at will....  Yep... I'm a Pats fan.... and Yep... I'm excited about Ridley!
    Posted by Patsfaninswflorida[/QUOTE]

re:
    "I say Athletic Moves are Athletic Moves.."

agreed. i too was impressed. i havent seen enough yet to go THAT high on him, but he loked better than bjge and i would start him as our #1 back from what i saw (still we need to find out what vereen is). if things continue the way they did in preseason, bjge is my 4th back there in case of injuries.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

[QUOTE]Ingram was an overrated pick. He wasn't fast at Alabama ... so I wonder why people think he would be fast elsewhere.  There wasn't a single RB worth a first rounder last season. Ingram got it because he won a trophy.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I am with you here, ZBell.  I am an Ole Miss fan, and the team had little on "D" last year.  I saw Ole Miss hold Ingram to about 50 or so yards on about 16 ddcarries.  He did not look like a first round talent against a second tier SEC team, IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Mark Ingram:
    [QUOTE]I am not bringing this up to start trouble, but is it me or did this guy look like he lost drive/burst with his legs as opposed to how he looked at Alabama? Maybe it's true his leg injury is a problem, still? Two short yardage plays he just either failed to slither through or improvise.  And his other runs were average looking, certainly nothing special. Imagine if Ridley is as good as he is or better and we get NOs 1st rd pick next year to boot?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I agree. Last year at Alabama, Ingram didn't look like the same RB as the year before, when he won the Heisman. He was surpassed at Alabama by their current RB, Trent Richardson...who will turn out to be a better pro. 

My opinion has nothing to do with the Pats' passing on Ingram. Keep in mind that 26 other teams also passed him up, before the Saints traded up to get him. 

As I've stated in previous posts, I liked the trade of the 28th overall pick for the Saints' 56th overall choice (used to select RB Shane Vereen), and the Saints' #1 pick in 2012. If the Pats had kept the 28th overall pick, they should have used it to select DE/DT Muhammad Wilkerson, not Ingram.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoisesBiggestPatsFan. Show BoisesBiggestPatsFan's posts

I agree 100%. I'm riding with the King on this one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Ingram is coming off knee surgery & already has degenerative arthritis in his knees at age 22. How long is his career going to be?
    Posted by xxxcrwn[/QUOTE]

Probably about as long as the average running back 4-5 years. Nothing wrong with that, very few play as long as Curtis Martin or Corey Dillon.

Sections
Shortcuts