Mark Levoir hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Mark Levoir hit

Jets cornerback Donald Strickland believes the vicious block tackle Mark LeVoir laid on him was a dirty play, and then vowed he would retaliate the next time the teams play......What a baby, looked clean to me. Iguess Ryans players act like him

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heisthejuan. Show heisthejuan's posts

Re: Mark Levoir hit

I don't see how he could have hit him any other way. Strickland was low, and Levoir had to get low to make solid contact; which he certainly did.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

What a whiny little b*tch.  It was a clean hit, you little p*ssy - get over yourself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

Typical.The 90 % of DB hits are on defensless WR`s or TE`s but yet they jump up and down like they did something special.Get back in the huddle and act like a man you whiney a$$ed little pu$$!!!! Typical J-E-T-S wuss wuss wuss !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

As big of a pu22y as he is, he is even more stupid for putting he will retaliate in print.  Pats have a long memory...hope Godhell does too.  Although he probably will be rooting for it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Saying your going to retaliate isnt good

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I hate to say it, but I am pretty sure you can hear the helmet contact.  I dont think it was intentional.  I think it is horrible that the green NJ player is promising to get his revenge.  I think the Comm should suspend him for both games next season that we play them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It was a clean and excellent hit out in space on a screen by Levoir, the Jets players take cues from the top when they lose...  cry, wine and moan.  I thought Ryan was a tough guy, you never would have seen his dad cry in public... ever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

That was a clean hit. Its football h-mo get over it

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

Levoir moved out there as though he were an M-1 tank. I like him next to Vollmer as the blocking tight end. With Mankins at guard you sort of out gun the defense on the left side. This is moot,  but they could have used that alignment in Indy to run the ball for two yards in three plays.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

LeVoir just held his ground.  It was Stickland that ran directly into heavy traffic and paid the consequences.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Flat out nasty, clean hit.  There's no helmet to helmet, and LeVoir didn't spear.  Just a bad-a** hit.

Had the Jets won, Strickland wouldn't be complaining. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Strickland got blown up fair and square. it wasn't cheap. you need to keep your head on a swivel, especially on a screen when you know a blocker will probably be pulling out your way. oh, and saying he plans on retaliating puts the target squarely back on him. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

In Response to Re: Mark Levoir hit:
    Levoir moved out there as though he were an M-1 tank. I like him next to Vollmer as the blocking tight end. With Mankins at guard you sort of out gun the defense on the left side. This is moot,  but they could have used that alignment in Indy to run the ball for two yards in three plays.
    Posted by PuntonFirstDown

I completely agree with you and if you throw in Dan Connelly at center you have a big blocking line all of a sudden

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Mark Levoir hit:
    Jets cornerback Donald Strickland believes the vicious block tackle Mark LeVoir laid on him was a dirty play, and then vowed he would retaliate the next time the teams play......What a baby, looked clean to me. Iguess Ryans players act like him
    Posted by GR2009

I think he went a little to soft on him. He got up didn't he? Of course he wasn't sure where he was or what his name was, but he got up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Exact quote from Phil Simms "...big hit, good block by LeVoir."  The commentators loved the block, all said great hit!  I watched it 10 times, he did not lead with his head.  He pancaked Strickland in a clean, fair, huge hit.  The DB was in position to make the tackle until he got smashed.  Be a man and get up.   

Nice way to reign in your team of big mouths Rex. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In one sense, yes the NFL should cut down on concussions.

On the other hand, Mr. Strickland gets paid way more than you to smack into receivers when they are in a vulnerable position.  The 185 pound Strickland has more maneuverability than any 320 pound lineman.  He should have diagnosed that the play was a standard Patriots bubble screen and that a lineman should be bearing down on him.  That's why he should have ducked one way or the other to deflect or avoid the block, possibly so that he could contribute to containing Randy Moss. 

It happens that when a huge lineman puts his head down and drives straight into a smaller player, the lineman's helmet is on a level where a helmet to helmet collision is possible. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

To reduce the splatter, and potential concussive injury from flying parts, maybe the NFL can develop some sort of cow-catcher or dozer blade for the O-linemen in these types of plays.

Sections
Shortcuts