Mark my words

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pilillo. Show pilillo's posts

Mark my words

Remember when we got rid of seymour and that season our passrush sucked that year? mark my words, getting rid of sanders and meriweather will be a deja vu but in the secondary position. we should have waited by the end of the year to cut this guy loose and get something from him at the end of the season. Bad and not smart move by the pats.
    just had to get that out of my chest,
    Sorry for yet another meriweather thread

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Mark my words

@0:10 sums it up
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0BD91xRTKQ

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I respect your opinion Mark but I disagree that holding onto Brandon "U-Turn" Meriweather was the right path .
      He was overrated ( and the rest of the NFL knew it ...that's why no team bit on trading for him for even a conditional pick )

It was a mistake to have drafted him but not to let him go.
     ( Whilhite too )

Addition by subtraction at work here

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Mark my words:
    Remember when we got rid of seymour and that season our passrush sucked that year? mark my words, getting rid of sanders and meriweather will be a deja vu but in the secondary position. we should have waited by the end of the year to cut this guy loose and get something from him at the end of the season. Bad and not smart move by the pats. just had to get that out of my chest, Sorry for yet another meriweather thread
    Posted by pilillo

LOL. Really. THose guys don't hold a candle to what Seymour brought to the team.

Now we have a two deep monster defensive line that will bring pressure, and make the DBs jobs easier. I don't see any dropoff frm what we already had.

Please don't repeat this crap on the game boards every weekend. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

No new taxes?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: Mark my words:
    In Response to Re: Mark my words : Not true, or at least VERY likely not true: "New England tried to trade Meriweather, according to one league source, but there wasn’t much of a market for him, though that may be because it seemed apparent the Patriots would cut him, so teams weren’t willing to give up anything for someone they could potentially get off the open market." Teams are relatively set at Safety/thin market and BB had little leverage when teams learned NE wasn't happy at Safety. I would be doing the same thing if I was BB on the other end. If you are in the market, knowing a team is going to cut a player anyway, why make an offer? The only realy complaint about not getting anything back was BB making this decision way earlier after the lockout ended, when it was far quieter, and signing Jarrad Page immediately after that.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

If a team out there thought there would be league wide interest in him, they would gladly give up a 5th or 6th. That would guarantee he would be with your team at least a year.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

No new taxes?
    Posted by Rocky

Good one.  Techically, "Read my lips".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Mark my words : Good one.  Techically, "Read my lips".
    Posted by nyjoseph

LOL...My bad.... Kind of close...Well not really

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm 180 degree out of phase with pilillo's thinking.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

I don't think they compare at all. Seymour was an all pro near the top of his game. Teams had to game plan for him. Not so with either of these guys.

The pass rush should be improved enough to help anyone who's back there. The return of Bodden is huge and if dowling can stay on the field we should be even better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Remember when we got rid of seymour and that season our passrush sucked that year?
    Posted by pilillo

Seymour was severely under-performing, for at least 2 seasons, for the amount of money he was making. The pass rush didn't get any worse when he left, which says a lot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

marked

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I'm 180 degree out of phase with pilillo's thinking.
    Posted by tcal2-

I second this statement. 

We don't need a risk taking safety with this type of defensive line.  Just smart hard hitting players to play center field.  Sergio Brown should be capable of that, and hopefully Sharper walks through the door.  I never hated Meriweather but I see him as expensible....  We have better leaders such as Chung to take over for the safeties, and our corners are shaping up quite well. 

Seymore was a difference maker.. Sanders and Meriweather?  I just look at Meriweather as a wasted first rounder. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Remember when we got rid of seymour and that season our passrush sucked that year? mark my words, getting rid of sanders and meriweather will be a deja vu but in the secondary position. we should have waited by the end of the year to cut this guy loose and get something from him at the end of the season. Bad and not smart move by the pats. just had to get that out of my chest, Sorry for yet another meriweather thread
    Posted by pilillo

Well...the Patriots' pass defense was pretty lousy with them. It can't be much worse without them.

Weren't there similar dire predictions in 2003, after BB released Lawyer Milloy?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Belichick has made lots of big moves in his time here as Patriot head coach. Going with Brady over Bledsoe, telling Terry Glenn to clean out his locker and cutting L. Milloy, each time fans like yourself howled in disapproval but Belichick knew what he was doing. He knew what its like to stand on the sidelines and watch Merriweather play undisiplined safety. Belicheck wants his players to "do their job". Merriweather wasn't doing his job! Belichick made the move and I for one think it was the right move.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Even when Seymour was here in 2008 people were still b!tching about the pass rush. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Nah. He was a detriment. And the pass rush going bye bye wasn't about Seymour. It was a gradual thing that tracked the aging and loss of key defenders especially those inherited from prior regimes.

Sections
Shortcuts